|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens between Darren and his dad that morning?
(a) An argument.
(c) A bet.
(d) A collaboration.
2. What does Michael offer to do for Deanna at work?
(a) Teach her the business aspect of the restaurant.
(b) Show her how to earn maximum tips.
(c) Let her wait tables twice a week.
(d) Help Deanna keep her distance from Tommy.
3. Who is described as overweight but friendly?
(a) The clerk at the coffee shop.
(b) Deanna's cousin.
(c) The owner of Picasso's.
(d) Lee's brother.
4. What does Deanna believe at the first place she stops with Lee?
(a) The clerk is interested in her.
(b) The clerk knows about her and Tommy.
(c) The clerk is smirking at her.
(d) A classy place like that will not hire her.
5. Where do Stacy, Deanna, Darren and April go Sunday morning?
(a) Out to breakfast.
(b) The park.
(c) The zoo.
(d) Stacy's parents' house.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Deanna decide not to tell Jason about her job?
2. What did Tommy tell Deanna on the day she first felt drawn to him?
3. Who makes the pizza Lee and Deanna share?
4. When does Deanna have an encounter with a gang of senior boys?
5. What does Deanna talk Stacy into doing?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who interrupts the assault on Deanna and how is he treated?
2. What does Lee ask Deanna's advice concerning Jason?
3. How does Deanna describe Stacy?
4. What happens when Deanna goes to a pizza parlor to drop off a resume?
5. What happens to Deanna on the last day of school three years after the incident with Tommy?
6. How do Deanna and Lee become friends?
7. What happens at the first place Deanna and Lee drop off Deanna's resume, and what is Lee's take on the situation?
8. How does Deanna describe Darren?
9. Who is April and how do Darren and Stacy support her and where do Darren and Stacy live?
10. How does Deanna's surfer girl stories become journal entries?
This section contains 786 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)