|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Deanna describe Stacy?
(b) Tough and formidable.
(c) Teacher's pet.
2. What happens when Jason comes up to Deanna and the senior boys?
(a) He is taunted also.
(b) He is ignored.
(c) He is roughed up.
(d) The boys ask him why he hangs out with such a loser.
3. What does Michael offer to do for Deanna at work?
(a) Help Deanna keep her distance from Tommy.
(b) Show her how to earn maximum tips.
(c) Let her wait tables twice a week.
(d) Teach her the business aspect of the restaurant.
4. What is Deanna now incorporating in her journal?
(a) Real memories of her father and herself.
(b) Hopes about her future.
(d) Memories of herself as a child.
5. Why is Darren surprised when Deanna arrives home?
(a) That Deanna is crying.
(b) That Deanna has dyed her hair also.
(c) That Stacy neglected to pick up Deanna.
(d) That Stacy is not with Deanna.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom is Jason dating?
2. How does Stacy react to what Deanna let slip?
3. Whose pornography does Deanna supposedly view?
4. To what is Stacy trying to hold on?
5. Why did Tommy's comment to Deanna when she was thirteen make such an impact on her?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens at the first place Deanna and Lee drop off Deanna's resume, and what is Lee's take on the situation?
2. How does Deanna's surfer girl stories become journal entries?
3. About what does Deanna's father hint at when she sees him at home after school?
4. What does Deanna start ascribing to the surfer girl?
5. How do Stacy and Jason react to Deanna's dream of moving out of home with Stacy and Darren?
6. Who is April and how do Darren and Stacy support her and where do Darren and Stacy live?
7. How long has it been that Deanna's father has not really spoken or looked at her?
8. How does Deanna transform her experience with Tommy?
9. What does Deanna and Lee do before Deanna has to work one evening?
10. What argument does Deanna overhear?
This section contains 714 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)