|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Deanna overhear between her parents?
(a) A moment of intimacy.
(b) An argument.
(d) A discussion.
2. Where is Lee about to go with her family?
(a) Sea World.
(d) Santa Cruz.
3. What does Deanna worry about concerning her mother?
(a) Deanna leaving home will cause her mother pain.
(b) Deanna's mother is unhappy with Deanna's father.
(c) Her mother is working too hard.
(d) Her mother is taking sides in the squabble between Darren and his dad.
4. What did Tommy tell Deanna on the day she first felt drawn to him?
(a) Make-up looks trashy on girls.
(b) He would teach her how to ski.
(c) He hoped it was okay to come to breakfast before changing into street clothes.
(d) Darren was going easy on Tommy.
5. At what does Stacy want to be good?
(a) An artist.
(b) Being a mother.
(c) Being a wife.
(d) A singer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is April?
2. What does Deanna's father hint to her as she arrives home from the last day of school?
3. About what do the boys taunt Deanna?
4. What does Deanna think about Lee when her mother mentions Sunday morning?
5. What is Picasso's?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Deanna start ascribing to the surfer girl?
2. What argument does Deanna overhear?
3. What does Deanna and Lee do before Deanna has to work one evening?
4. What does Deanna's mother want to do on Sunday morning?
5. How does Deanna transform her experience with Tommy?
6. How does Deanna describe Stacy?
7. What does Deanna write in her journal after Tommy invited her to do something with him?
8. About what does Deanna's father hint at when she sees him at home after school?
9. What does Deanna say about April and what is Deanna's fantasy concerning April and April's parents?
10. How do Deanna and Lee become friends?
This section contains 747 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)