|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Stacy, Deanna, Darren and April go Sunday morning?
(a) Out to breakfast.
(b) Stacy's parents' house.
(c) The park.
(d) The zoo.
2. What does Deanna give the girl on the waves?
(a) An invincible attitude.
(b) The qualities Deanna wants in herself.
(c) Superhuman capabilities.
(d) Her own feelings and memories.
3. Who makes the pizza Lee and Deanna share?
4. What does Deanna decide will no longer affect her?
(a) Her memories of Tommy.
(b) Lee's relationship with Jason.
(c) Jason's lack of romantic interest in her.
(d) The taunts of the boys at school.
5. Why did Tommy's comment to Deanna when she was thirteen make such an impact on her?
(a) She felt it was the first time anyone had ever paid attention to her.
(b) She thought it was sweet.
(c) She thought her brother put him up to it.
(d) She thought he was saying he was interested in her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the boys finally leave Deanna and Jason?
2. To what does Deanna's mother invite her/
3. Who is Lee?
4. For how many years has Deanna's father not really spoken to her or looked at her?
5. What shocks Deanna when she arrives to work?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Deanna's mother want to do on Sunday morning?
2. What does Stacy suggest when she picks up Deanna at work?
3. How does Deanna transform her experience with Tommy?
4. How do Stacy and Jason react to Deanna's dream of moving out of home with Stacy and Darren?
5. How long has it been that Deanna's father has not really spoken or looked at her?
6. How do Deanna and Lee become friends?
7. How does Deanna's surfer girl stories become journal entries?
8. Who interrupts the assault on Deanna and how is he treated?
9. What happens when Deanna goes to a pizza parlor to drop off a resume?
10. What argument does Deanna overhear?
This section contains 754 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)