|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Michael say Deanna can do?
(a) Close up the place.
(b) Skip work the next day.
(c) Leave early.
(d) Make a pizza to take home.
2. With what does Deanna feel uncomfortable?
(a) Telling her father where she was that night.
(b) Having fun when Stacy is missing.
(c) Telling Tommy to leave her alone.
(d) Making out with Tommy.
3. What does Deanna ask of Jason?
(a) To give her a ride to her aunt's house.
(b) To meet with her tomorrow instead of today.
(c) To get Lee and meet her at the mall.
(d) To meet her earlier than they had planned.
4. What does Deanna's mother try to convince everyone to do?
(a) Eat some instant oatmeal.
(b) Go to the zoo together.
(c) Meet in the living room for a family conference.
(d) Go to the movies together.
5. What does Deanna's mother invite Deanna to do?
(a) Go to visit Deanna's grandmother.
(b) Go shopping with her.
(c) Cuddle on the couch in front of the television.
(d) Go to the movies with her.
6. What does Deanna do after talking with Jason?
(b) Calls Lee.
(c) Thoroughly cleans her room.
(d) Takes a nap.
7. What does Michael confess to Deanna?
(a) He is interested in her.
(b) He likes Tommy in a romantic way.
(c) He married to convince himself he was not gay.
(d) He has a boyfriend.
8. What does Lee say when Deanna begins to explain about her and Jason?
(a) Lee knows Deanna is a good person.
(b) Lee feels hurt and betrayed.
(c) Lee does not want to be friends anymore.
(d) Everything is okay.
9. Where do Jason and Deanna go?
(a) To Picasso's.
(b) To pick up Deanna's mother.
(c) A movie.
(d) The mall's food court.
10. Why is Deanna relieved when she talks to Jason on the phone?
(a) Jason is going to be gone for a while.
(b) Jason says he is going to break up with Lee.
(c) Jason tells Deanna he has talked with Tommy's friends.
(d) Lee has said nothing about Deanna and Lee's visit to Picasso's.
11. What does Deanna think about when April is fussing?
(a) How much she misses her closeness with her father.
(b) Maybe having her own child someday.
(c) Missing her mother's attentions.
(d) The trials of parenting.
12. What does Deanna remember about the day before?
(a) About Darren being curt to her.
(b) How Tommy was apologetic.
(c) How her mother had been nice to Deanna.
(d) About her father's tenderness with April.
13. What does Deanna write about memories?
(a) You can never get away from them.
(b) They are the glass ceiling.
(c) They do fade.
(d) They are inconvenient.
14. What does Deanna think about herself and thinking about Tommy?
(a) She feels better than she has in a long time.
(b) She thinks she will heal eventually.
(c) She thinks she is very competent at work.
(d) She thinks she is not the brightest person in the world.
15. What surprises Darren about Deanna's working situation?
(a) Tommy works there also.
(b) Michael trusts her to run the place.
(c) Michael is not at all how Darren had visualized him.
(d) Deanna is so clearly competent.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one part of the circumstances that led Deanna to her loneliness?
2. Where does Tommy go when he is ostensibly taking Deanna home?
3. What does Deanna say about herself concerning Jason?
4. What is discovered in Stacy's car the next morning?
5. Who does Jason say got upset?
This section contains 614 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)