|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is one thing Deanna says her brother and father have in common?
(a) A tendency to let the women do more of the household chores.
(b) Too high expectations of her.
(c) A bad temper.
2. What grade is Deanna in when she is writing about the incident in the car?
(b) In graduate school working on a Ph.D.
(c) A junior in college.
(d) A senior in high school.
3. What does Deanna think of Darren as a father?
(a) He is not willing to do as much as Stacy in the care of his daughter.
(b) He is almost too wrapped up in his daughter.
(c) He is a good but awkward father.
(d) He is a good father.
4. How does one version of the story portray Deanna?
5. What is Deanna now incorporating in her journal?
(b) Real memories of her father and herself.
(c) Hopes about her future.
(d) Memories of herself as a child.
6. Instead of a diary, what does a teacher suggest the students keep?
(a) A photo essay.
(b) A recording of their thoughts.
(c) A video of their activities.
(d) A journal.
7. What happens when Jason comes up to Deanna and the senior boys?
(a) He is roughed up.
(b) He is ignored.
(c) The boys ask him why he hangs out with such a loser.
(d) He is taunted also.
8. Why does Lee say everyone has stuff they want to change?
(a) Lee is constantly putting down her body.
(b) In talking about Deanna's story about her father.
(c) Deanna is constantly criticizing her body.
(d) In talking about how snotty the girls are that own their own horses.
9. What triggers a surge of fond memories for Deanna that Sunday morning?
(a) Talking to Lee about something they did as children.
(b) Breakfast with the family.
(c) Seeing the place where her dog is buried.
(d) Talking to Darren about his daughter.
10. What does Darren say to Stacy that bothers her?
(a) That April is closer to him than her.
(b) That Stacy's new hair color is sexy.
(c) That she should become a stay-at-home mom.
(d) That she should finish her GED.
11. Whom is Jason dating?
(c) No one.
12. What does Deanna decide not to tell Jason about her job?
(a) She is constantly hit upon by the male customers.
(b) Michael has been overly friendly.
(c) There is a really cute guy who runs the dishwasher.
(d) Tommy works there.
13. Why does Stacy withdraw her suggestion to Deanna?
(a) Stacy realizes Deanna's parents might kick Deanna out of the house.
(b) Deanna reminds Stacy that Deanna is too young.
(c) Deanna brings up Darren.
(d) Deanna reminds Stacy of being a mother.
14. Who is Jason?
(a) Deanna's best friend.
(b) Deanna's younger brother.
(c) Deanna's uncle.
(d) Deanna's cousin.
15. Where is Lee about to go with her family?
(a) Santa Cruz.
(c) Sea World.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Stacy describe Darren as a brother?
2. What does Deanna supposedly threaten to do if Tommy does not spend time with her?
3. What happens between Darren and his dad that morning?
4. How do Lee and Deanna bond?
5. What do Deanna and Jason do after the senior boys leave?
This section contains 588 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)