|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What shocks Deanna when she arrives to work?
(a) Michael is interested in dating her.
(b) She has been fired.
(c) Tommy also works there.
(d) She is supposed to make pizzas rather than wait tables.
2. Why does Deanna have a difficult night at work?
(a) She gets three orders incorrect.
(b) She burns several pizzas.
(c) Some of Tommy's friends come in and taunt her.
(d) Several customers leave no tips.
3. What does Deanna give the girl on the waves?
(a) Superhuman capabilities.
(b) Her own feelings and memories.
(c) An invincible attitude.
(d) The qualities Deanna wants in herself.
4. How old is Deanna when her father finds her in a compromising situation?
5. Who makes the pizza Lee and Deanna share?
6. What does Deanna decide not to tell Jason about her job?
(a) Michael has been overly friendly.
(b) Tommy works there.
(c) There is a really cute guy who runs the dishwasher.
(d) She is constantly hit upon by the male customers.
7. About what does Lee ask Deanna's advice?
(a) Breaking up with Jason.
(b) What to take on vacation.
(c) Having sex with Jason.
(d) What to wear to Disneyland.
8. How old is the person in the car with Deanna?
9. How does one version of the story portray Deanna?
10. Why does Stacy withdraw her suggestion to Deanna?
(a) Deanna brings up Darren.
(b) Deanna reminds Stacy of being a mother.
(c) Stacy realizes Deanna's parents might kick Deanna out of the house.
(d) Deanna reminds Stacy that Deanna is too young.
11. Where is Lee about to go with her family?
(b) Sea World.
(c) Santa Cruz.
12. What is Deanna now incorporating in her journal?
(a) Real memories of her father and herself.
(c) Memories of herself as a child.
(d) Hopes about her future.
13. What is Picasso's?
(a) A pizza place.
(b) An ice cream place.
(c) A tattoo parlour.
(d) An artist supply store.
14. What does Deanna reveal to Lee as they are having pizza?
(a) The Tommy who works at the pizza parlor is the same one her dad caught her with in the car.
(b) Deanna is changing jobs.
(c) Deanna is leaving home.
(d) Deanna is pregnant.
15. What does Lee think about Stacy's suspicions about the clerk?
(a) The clerk is not smirking.
(b) They are unfounded.
(c) They are true.
(d) The clerk is gay.
Short Answer Questions
1. What triggers a surge of fond memories for Deanna that Sunday morning?
2. What happens between Darren and his dad that morning?
3. What does Deanna's mother say about how Deanna used to spend her Sunday mornings?
4. Whose pornography does Deanna supposedly view?
5. What do Deanna and Jason do after the senior boys leave?
This section contains 507 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)