|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Deanna's father hint to her as she arrives home from the last day of school?
(a) She needs to stay out of trouble over the summer.
(b) She is getting a little heavy.
(c) She should take a class at the community college this summer.
(d) She needs to get a job over the summer.
2. How does Deanna sometimes feel when Lee and Jason are together?
(b) Left out.
3. What does Michael offer to do for Deanna at work?
(a) Teach her the business aspect of the restaurant.
(b) Let her wait tables twice a week.
(c) Show her how to earn maximum tips.
(d) Help Deanna keep her distance from Tommy.
4. What does Deanna reveal to Lee as they are having pizza?
(a) Deanna is changing jobs.
(b) Deanna is pregnant.
(c) Deanna is leaving home.
(d) The Tommy who works at the pizza parlor is the same one her dad caught her with in the car.
5. At what does Stacy want to be good?
(a) An artist.
(b) A singer.
(c) Being a wife.
(d) Being a mother.
6. Who gives Deanna a ride home from Safeway?
(c) Her father.
7. What does Deanna worry about concerning her mother?
(a) Her mother is working too hard.
(b) Her mother is taking sides in the squabble between Darren and his dad.
(c) Deanna leaving home will cause her mother pain.
(d) Deanna's mother is unhappy with Deanna's father.
8. Why is Darren surprised when Deanna arrives home?
(a) That Stacy is not with Deanna.
(b) That Deanna is crying.
(c) That Stacy neglected to pick up Deanna.
(d) That Deanna has dyed her hair also.
9. About what do the boys taunt Deanna?
(a) Her gaining a scholarship to Harvard.
(b) Her being overweight.
(c) Her father's proclivities.
(d) Her history with Tommy.
10. Who is described as overweight but friendly?
(a) The owner of Picasso's.
(b) The clerk at the coffee shop.
(c) Lee's brother.
(d) Deanna's cousin.
11. Who is April?
(a) The little girl next door who is always bugging Deanna.
(b) Deanna's niece.
(c) Deanna's cousin.
(d) Deanna's youngest sister.
12. What does Deanna remember as the first time she felt drawn to Tommy?
(a) When Deanna watched Tommy skiing with Darren.
(b) When Tommy and Darren were wrestling.
(c) When she first tries makeup.
(d) When Tommy spent the night with Darren and comes downstairs in his pajamas.
13. How does Deanna transform the experience in the car?
(a) She is unable to transform the experience.
(b) She convinces herself that her father is performing CPR.
(c) She convinces herself that Tommy forced her father.
(d) She turns it into a "surfer girl" situation.
14. How do Lee and Deanna bond?
(a) Over their love of dogs.
(b) Over their love of horses.
(c) Over the story about her dad and Tommy.
(d) Over fantasy books.
15. What does Lee think about Stacy's suspicions about the clerk?
(a) The clerk is gay.
(b) They are true.
(c) The clerk is not smirking.
(d) They are unfounded.
Short Answer Questions
1. Instead of a diary, what does a teacher suggest the students keep?
2. Why does Lee say everyone has stuff they want to change?
3. What is Picasso's?
4. What does Stacy confess to Deanna?
5. Whom was Deanna's father with in a sexual liaison in the back seat of a car?
This section contains 607 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)