|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Deanna describe Stacy?
(a) Tough and formidable.
(d) Teacher's pet.
2. Why does Deanna have a difficult night at work?
(a) She gets three orders incorrect.
(b) Several customers leave no tips.
(c) Some of Tommy's friends come in and taunt her.
(d) She burns several pizzas.
3. What does Deanna believe at the first place she stops with Lee?
(a) The clerk is smirking at her.
(b) The clerk knows about her and Tommy.
(c) A classy place like that will not hire her.
(d) The clerk is interested in her.
4. Who gives Deanna a ride home from Safeway?
(b) Her father.
5. What is Picasso's?
(a) An artist supply store.
(b) A tattoo parlour.
(c) An ice cream place.
(d) A pizza place.
6. What grade is Deanna in when she is writing about the incident in the car?
(a) A senior in high school.
(c) In graduate school working on a Ph.D.
(d) A junior in college.
7. What happens when Jason comes up to Deanna and the senior boys?
(a) He is ignored.
(b) He is roughed up.
(c) The boys ask him why he hangs out with such a loser.
(d) He is taunted also.
8. Who is Lee?
(a) Deanna's aunt.
(b) Deanna's youngest sister.
(c) Deanna's othe best friend.
(d) Deanna's mother.
9. How does Deanna find the strength to reject Tommy's advances?
(a) She asks Darren to talk to Tommy.
(b) She asks her mother to talk to Tommy.
(c) Michael supports her.
(d) She re-reads what she wrote in her journal about Tommy.
10. Who makes the pizza Lee and Deanna share?
11. To what does Deanna's mother invite her/
(a) A luncheon.
(b) A special breakfast.
(c) A church social.
(d) A mother/daughter shopping spree.
12. Why does Stacy withdraw her suggestion to Deanna?
(a) Deanna reminds Stacy of being a mother.
(b) Deanna reminds Stacy that Deanna is too young.
(c) Deanna brings up Darren.
(d) Stacy realizes Deanna's parents might kick Deanna out of the house.
13. What does Deanna supposedly threaten to do if Tommy does not spend time with her?
(a) Kill Tommy.
(b) Kill herself.
(c) Tell Tommy's parents about him and her father.
(d) Tell everyone about Tommy and her father.
14. When does Deanna's mother visit her in Deanna's room?
(a) Early Sunday afternoon.
(b) On a Sunday morning before Deanna is scheduled to work.
(c) Friday night after Deanna comes home from work.
(d) Saturday night just before she is to meet Jason and Lee.
15. Why do the boys finally leave Deanna and Jason?
(a) The principal walks up.
(b) They are headed for a keg party.
(c) Deanna calls her oldest brother to come help her.
(d) A teacher arrives.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Deanna let slip while talking to Stacy?
2. What do Deanna and Lee do later in the day?
3. How does Jason take the news that Stacy knows about Deanna's plan to live with her and Darren?
4. Where is Lee about to go with her family?
5. How does Deanna feel around April?
This section contains 554 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)