Part 1, Chapters 1 and 1A
• Deanna, a teenage girl, narrates this story and tells how her father found her in the back seat of a car with a boy.
• He was Tommy, a seventeen year old boy who was her brother's best friend.
• She is now sixteen and says her father has not really spoken to her or really looked at her since that incident.
• Deanna is taunted by a gang of senior boys who know about the incident, as does the entire school.
• Jason, her best friend interrupts their assault on Deanna. Jason dates Deanna's best friend, Lee.
• Deanna sometimes feels left out around Jason and Lee and she hints that she has romantic feelings towards Jason.
• She walks home from the bus stop and her father and mother meet her at the door.
• Her mother offers ice cream and her father gives hints that she needs...
This section contains 1,650 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)