|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Max doubt that Bonnie is cheating on him?
2. What does Bonnie major in in college?
3. What is Fred's news about his company when he gets back to Tony's?
4. What does Skink finally do with the scorpion?
5. What information is on the piece of paper that Jim gives to Skink?
Short Essay Questions
1. What has happened in New York concerning Max's career that enables the reader to see the strong side of Max?
2. How is Dennis Reedy naive?
3. What emotions do Augustine and Bonnie feel after their night together? Why do they feel the way they do for each emotion?
4. How does Bonnie react to Max now that he has been found?
5. How does Avila's sacrificing backfire?
6. How does Avila show himself to be the coward that he is, and how does it lead him to his downfall?
7. Once again, how does Avila seem to be the "saved one" after he goes to Paradise Palms to confront Snapper in Chapter 26?
8. How does tension build in the ride in the Jeep on the way to The Keys?
9. How is Skink's reign of horror finally ended?
10. Why does Skink get in the car with Snapper and take Bonnie along with him?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the significance of the title of the book to the plot that has nothing to do with the actual hurricane?
Essay Topic 2
What has happened in Florida before the hurricane that sets up for disaster once the hurricane comes? Who has control over what gets built and where? How can future disasters like the ones mankind caused be avoided?
Essay Topic 3
How are the laws of the land ignored during this time of crisis not only by the criminals but by the authorities as well?
This section contains 1,404 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)