|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Edie open a bank account in Neria's name?
2. What does Skink pull out of his pockets and line up at his feet when the boat approaches?
3. What does Skink bring out of the bush for Bonnie and Augustine to eat?
4. Why is Edie still afraid to cross Snapper when they are in the truck riding out of Miami?
5. What does Augustine find out about the vehicle that the stolen plate was on?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Snapper finally get what he deserves?
2. Why don't Skink and Augustine storm Tony's house now that they have found it?
3. How might Neria have been a good match for Tony?
4. How does tension build in the ride in the Jeep on the way to The Keys?
5. How does Bonnie react to Max now that he has been found?
6. How is Dennis Reedy naive?
7. How has Max decided to reclaim his wife?
8. What emotions do Augustine and Bonnie feel after their night together? Why do they feel the way they do for each emotion?
9. How does Avila's sacrificing backfire?
10. What does Max learn about the legal system in Miami?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What does Bonnie discover about herself after the hurricane and how does she resolve this issue by the end of the novel?
Essay Topic 2
What has happened in Florida before the hurricane that sets up for disaster once the hurricane comes? Who has control over what gets built and where? How can future disasters like the ones mankind caused be avoided?
Essay Topic 3
What are the internal conflicts of Augustine, Snapper, Edie and Skink? Are they ever resolved?
This section contains 1,333 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)