|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Augustine find when he gets back to Calusa Drive after getting the guns?
2. When Neria calls Tony's neighbor, Mr. Varga, where does he suggest that Tony may be?
3. What does Snapper do to Edie and Fred in Chapter 14 after he returns to Tony's?
4. What does Bonnie major in in college?
5. What does Skink bring out of the bush for Bonnie and Augustine to eat?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Dennis Reedy naive?
2. What does Max learn about the legal system in Miami?
3. How does Bonnie react to Max now that he has been found?
4. How do Edie and Max wind up together?
5. Why don't Skink and Augustine storm Tony's house now that they have found it?
6. How has Max decided to reclaim his wife?
7. How is Skink's reign of horror finally ended?
8. What has happened in New York concerning Max's career that enables the reader to see the strong side of Max?
9. How do Skink, Augustine and Carl Hiaasen view the president's visit to Miami?
10. What can one imagine is on the piece of paper that Jim leaves with Skink? What does Jim expect that Skink will do with what is on the paper?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How are the laws of the land ignored during this time of crisis not only by the criminals but by the authorities as well?
Essay Topic 2
What can the reader infer about the way that the author feels about Florida? Is the novel an attempt to bring out the author's feelings? Might it be an attempt to bring to light issues that he wants others to face? Can a novel such as this change the way society looks at issues?
Essay Topic 3
What is the significance of the title of the book to the plot that has nothing to do with the actual hurricane?
This section contains 1,348 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)