|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesn't Neria find out that Tony is dead when she calls the police?
2. Which two men have a brawl in the parking lot of the Paradise Palms?
3. What does Fred do with the two dachshunds?
4. What does Snapper steal from Brenda?
5. What does Skink bring Augustine and Bonnie for breakfast?
Short Essay Questions
1. What absurd thoughts does Fred have concerning Edie upon his return to Tony's house in Chapter 24?
2. What can one imagine is on the piece of paper that Jim leaves with Skink? What does Jim expect that Skink will do with what is on the paper?
3. How has Max decided to reclaim his wife?
4. How might Neria have been a good match for Tony?
5. How does Snapper finally get what he deserves?
6. Skink is an astute man. What has he figured out about Bonnie's feelings that she may not quite know yet or perhaps not acknowledge yet?
7. How does tension build in the ride in the Jeep on the way to The Keys?
8. How does Bonnie react to Max now that he has been found?
9. How does Avila come to believe even more deeply in the Chango?
10. What does Max learn about the legal system in Miami?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why is Skink both lovable and hateful to the reader? Can the reader resolve this issue within himself? Why or why not? Does this make him a round, dynamic character? Does Skink change throughout the novel or does he stay true to himself?
Essay Topic 2
What does Bonnie discover about herself after the hurricane and how does she resolve this issue by the end of the novel?
Essay Topic 3
What are the internal conflicts of Augustine, Snapper, Edie and Skink? Are they ever resolved?
This section contains 1,430 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)