|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Snapper do with Brenda's mother's ring?
2. How does Avila find Snapper in Chapter 19?
3. Besides Augustine, who arrives at the motel Paradise Palms before Snapper?
4. Where does Augustine wind up at the end of Chapter 24?
5. How does Ira get Avila to take a ride with him?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Avila's sacrificing backfire?
2. How has Max decided to reclaim his wife?
3. Once again, how does Avila seem to be the "saved one" after he goes to Paradise Palms to confront Snapper in Chapter 26?
4. Why does Skink get in the car with Snapper and take Bonnie along with him?
5. How might Neria have been a good match for Tony?
6. Why don't Skink and Augustine storm Tony's house now that they have found it?
7. How does tension build in the ride in the Jeep on the way to The Keys?
8. How does Bonnie react to Max now that he has been found?
9. How does Snapper finally get what he deserves?
10. How does Avila come to believe even more deeply in the Chango?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Carl Hiaasen show the darker side of individuals after a natural disaster and why does he do that?
Essay Topic 2
How does the background of the author come into play in his creation of this novel?
Essay Topic 3
Why doesn't Max attempt to run away from his abductor? What is the Stockholm Syndrome and how does it apply to Max?
This section contains 1,368 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)