|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Bonnie stop looking for Max?
2. Why does Bonnie Lamb call Peter Archibald?
3. What is the old man in search of at Beatrice Jackson's home?
4. How do Brenda and Jim meet?
5. How does Edie's scam get noticed by the insurance man?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what way is Edie shown as a round character?
2. What misconceptions is Max beginning to believe about Skink in Chapter 6?
3. What does Jim Tile reveal that adds to the dimension of Skink's character?
4. Though Ira Jackson has every right to want justice for his mother's death, his sense of justice is twisted. Why is Ira's idea of justice wrong and how is his execution of it immoral?
5. In what way have common household items become weapons of violence?
6. How does Snapper become the criminal that he is?
7. How does the political system ruin Clinton Tyree?
8. In what way is it correct that Jim Tile worries about Skink?
9. Suspense builds throughout Chapter 2. How does the author build that suspense?
10. What surprising news does Bonnie hear from Pete and how does it change the dynamic of her marriage?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the significance of the title of the book to the plot that has nothing to do with the actual hurricane?
Essay Topic 2
What does Bonnie discover about herself after the hurricane and how does she resolve this issue by the end of the novel?
Essay Topic 3
Why doesn't Max attempt to run away from his abductor? What is the Stockholm Syndrome and how does it apply to Max?
This section contains 1,191 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)