|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Surprisingly, what is Keith Higstrom not good at doing?
(b) Using a hunting rifle.
(c) Water skiing.
2. Why couldn't Jim catch the Jeep of Snapper's that he was following?
(a) The roads are flooded.
(b) Because of a slow moving family in a station wagon.
(c) A group of monkeys stop traffic.
(d) His car breaks down.
3. How does Ira respond to Avila when Avila pleads for his life at the end of Chapter 15?
(a) He feeds him to chickens.
(b) Ira says, "You can live after you pay for my mother's death."
(c) He hits him over the head with a hammer.
(d) Ira says, "I want you to die."
4. What does Snapper steal from Brenda?
(a) Her necklace.
(b) Her mother's wedding ring.
(c) Her car.
(d) Her wallet.
5. Who does Levon Stichler want to kill?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Neria wish for Celeste's life?
2. How does Edie open a bank account in Neria's name?
3. Who does Edie mistake Levon for in Chapter 19?
4. Why doesn't Jim take Edie to jail?
5. Why is Edie still afraid to cross Snapper when they are in the truck riding out of Miami?
Short Essay Questions
1. What absurd thoughts does Fred have concerning Edie upon his return to Tony's house in Chapter 24?
2. What emotions do Augustine and Bonnie feel after their night together? Why do they feel the way they do for each emotion?
3. What does Max learn about the legal system in Miami?
4. Why don't Skink and Augustine storm Tony's house now that they have found it?
5. What has happened in New York concerning Max's career that enables the reader to see the strong side of Max?
6. How is Skink's reign of horror finally ended?
7. How does Bonnie react to Max now that he has been found?
8. How do Edie and Max wind up together?
9. How does tension build in the ride in the Jeep on the way to The Keys?
10. What can one imagine is on the piece of paper that Jim leaves with Skink? What does Jim expect that Skink will do with what is on the paper?
This section contains 1,390 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)