|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why couldn't Jim catch the Jeep of Snapper's that he was following?
(a) A group of monkeys stop traffic.
(b) Because of a slow moving family in a station wagon.
(c) His car breaks down.
(d) The roads are flooded.
2. How does Avila find Snapper in Chapter 19?
(a) Through a prostitute.
(b) Avila roams the streets looking for Snapper.
(c) Avila knows about Tony's place.
(d) Avila runs into Edie.
3. Who comes to Augustine's and visits with Max after Max's return from Guadalajara?
(a) Augustine's ex-girlfriend.
(b) An FBI agent.
(c) Jim Tile.
4. What saves Jim's life?
(a) A raccoon.
(b) A misfire in the gun.
(c) Snapper's bad aim.
(d) A bullet-proof vest.
5. How does Bonnie feel about going back to New York with Max?
(a) She does not want to go.
(b) She does not feel well enough to go.
(c) She is excited to leave.
(d) She tells him that she wants to stay in Florida for good.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Skink bring out of the bush for Bonnie and Augustine to eat?
2. What does Avila need to do before he heads to The Keys?
3. What is Fred's news about his company when he gets back to Tony's?
4. How does Ira respond to Avila when Avila pleads for his life at the end of Chapter 15?
5. Why do Neria and the professor take Celeste along with them to Florida?
Short Essay Questions
1. What absurd thoughts does Fred have concerning Edie upon his return to Tony's house in Chapter 24?
2. What has happened in New York concerning Max's career that enables the reader to see the strong side of Max?
3. What can one imagine is on the piece of paper that Jim leaves with Skink? What does Jim expect that Skink will do with what is on the paper?
4. How does Avila's sacrificing backfire?
5. How does Snapper finally get what he deserves?
6. Why don't Skink and Augustine storm Tony's house now that they have found it?
7. What emotions do Augustine and Bonnie feel after their night together? Why do they feel the way they do for each emotion?
8. How does Bonnie react to Max now that he has been found?
9. How does Avila show himself to be the coward that he is, and how does it lead him to his downfall?
10. How might Neria have been a good match for Tony?
This section contains 1,435 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)