|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why doesn't Neria find out that Tony is dead when she calls the police?
(a) There is no record of Tony.
(b) She hangs up before she gets her answer.
(c) The man behind her in line hangs up the phone.
(d) The police don't know that he is dead.
2. What does Bonnie ask Augustine to do at the end of Chapter 31?
(a) Help her find Skink.
(b) Tie her to the bridge.
(c) Marry her.
(d) Send her back to New York.
3. What is Snapper's injury from Edie?
(a) His back is messed up.
(b) His right leg is messed up.
(c) His right arm is messed up.
(d) His jaw is messed up.
4. By what mode of transportation do Max and Skink make their way to the meeting place of Bonnie?
(b) By skiff.
5. How does Edie open a bank account in Neria's name?
(a) She has Neria's identification.
(b) She causes a commotion with the dogs.
(c) She cries that her identification was lost.
(d) She gets Fred to open the account.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Snapper do to Levon when he shows up at Tony's to kill Tony?
2. What information is on the piece of paper that Jim gives to Skink?
3. Who calls Tony's house in Chapter 15?
4. What does Snapper do to Edie and Fred in Chapter 14 after he returns to Tony's?
5. What does Avila admit to Ira about his inspections at the trailer park?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Avila come to believe even more deeply in the Chango?
2. How does tension build in the ride in the Jeep on the way to The Keys?
3. How has Max decided to reclaim his wife?
4. What absurd thoughts does Fred have concerning Edie upon his return to Tony's house in Chapter 24?
5. Why does Skink get in the car with Snapper and take Bonnie along with him?
6. What can one imagine is on the piece of paper that Jim leaves with Skink? What does Jim expect that Skink will do with what is on the paper?
7. How is Dennis Reedy naive?
8. Why don't Skink and Augustine storm Tony's house now that they have found it?
9. Skink is an astute man. What has he figured out about Bonnie's feelings that she may not quite know yet or perhaps not acknowledge yet?
10. How is Skink's reign of horror finally ended?
This section contains 1,482 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)