|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why doesn't Jim take Edie to jail?
(a) He can't prove that she has broken the law.
(b) Skink asks him not to.
(c) Augustine asks him not to.
(d) He wants to find proof at Tony's first.
2. What does Avila take away with him after he releases himself from the tree?
(a) The lion's bones.
(b) A bone from Ira's body.
(c) Duct tape.
(d) A chicken.
3. What does Augustine tell Skink about how he views the way he feels about Bonnie?
(a) Augustine thinks he is better for Bonnie than Max is.
(b) Augustine in proud of himself.
(c) Augustine is upset with himself because Bonnie is a newlywed.
(d) Augustine wants Bonnie to divorce Max.
4. What does Bonnie major in in college?
(d) Liberal arts.
5. Who comes to Augustine's and visits with Max after Max's return from Guadalajara?
(b) Augustine's ex-girlfriend.
(c) An FBI agent.
(d) Jim Tile.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Snapper beat Bonnie with?
2. How does Ira get Avila to take a ride with him?
3. Why is Edie still afraid to cross Snapper when they are in the truck riding out of Miami?
4. What does Avila need to do before he heads to The Keys?
5. How is Avila saved from the crucifixion?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Avila's sacrificing backfire?
2. How is Dennis Reedy naive?
3. How does Avila come to believe even more deeply in the Chango?
4. How do Edie and Max wind up together?
5. How does tension build in the ride in the Jeep on the way to The Keys?
6. How has Max decided to reclaim his wife?
7. How does Snapper finally get what he deserves?
8. What has happened in New York concerning Max's career that enables the reader to see the strong side of Max?
9. What can one imagine is on the piece of paper that Jim leaves with Skink? What does Jim expect that Skink will do with what is on the paper?
10. Skink is an astute man. What has he figured out about Bonnie's feelings that she may not quite know yet or perhaps not acknowledge yet?
This section contains 1,373 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)