|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Snapper beat Bonnie with?
(a) His fists.
(b) The butt of a gun.
(c) The Club.
(d) A torch.
2. How is Avila saved from the crucifixion?
(a) Ira only wants to torture him--not kill him.
(b) A police officer saves him.
(c) Ira leaves him believing Avila is dead, but he is not.
(d) A lion eats Ira.
3. What does Bonnie ask Augustine to do at the end of Chapter 31?
(a) Tie her to the bridge.
(b) Marry her.
(c) Send her back to New York.
(d) Help her find Skink.
4. What does Avila take away with him after he releases himself from the tree?
(a) The lion's bones.
(b) A bone from Ira's body.
(c) Duct tape.
(d) A chicken.
5. Who calls Tony's house in Chapter 15?
(b) Jim Tile.
(d) Neria, Tony's wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Skink finally do with the scorpion?
2. How does Ira respond to Avila when Avila pleads for his life at the end of Chapter 15?
3. How does Edie open a bank account in Neria's name?
4. What happens to Skink after he hands Max over to Augustine?
5. What does Augustine tell Skink about how he views the way he feels about Bonnie?
Short Essay Questions
1. How might Neria have been a good match for Tony?
2. Why does Skink get in the car with Snapper and take Bonnie along with him?
3. How do Edie and Max wind up together?
4. How is Skink's reign of horror finally ended?
5. How does Bonnie react to Max now that he has been found?
6. Why don't Skink and Augustine storm Tony's house now that they have found it?
7. How do Skink, Augustine and Carl Hiaasen view the president's visit to Miami?
8. How is Dennis Reedy naive?
9. What emotions do Augustine and Bonnie feel after their night together? Why do they feel the way they do for each emotion?
10. What can one imagine is on the piece of paper that Jim leaves with Skink? What does Jim expect that Skink will do with what is on the paper?
This section contains 1,422 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)