|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What offer does Skink make to Jim?
(a) He will never hurt anyone again.
(b) He will find the man who beat Brenda.
(c) He will run and hide.
(d) He will apologize to Max and Bonnie.
2. Who does Augustine find when he gets back to Calusa Drive after getting the guns?
(c) No one.
3. What does Augustine tell Skink about how he views the way he feels about Bonnie?
(a) Augustine thinks he is better for Bonnie than Max is.
(b) Augustine wants Bonnie to divorce Max.
(c) Augustine in proud of himself.
(d) Augustine is upset with himself because Bonnie is a newlywed.
4. Besides Augustine, who arrives at the motel Paradise Palms before Snapper?
(a) More prostitutes.
(b) Jim Tile.
(c) The police.
5. What information is on the piece of paper that Jim gives to Skink?
(a) The full name of the guy who beat Brenda.
(b) The license plate number of the vehicle involved in Brenda's beating.
(c) The nickname of the guy who beat Brenda.
(d) The description of the guy who beat Brenda.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jim tell Brenda that he has done when she wakes up in Chapter 21?
2. What does Skink bring Augustine and Bonnie for breakfast?
3. By what mode of transportation do Max and Skink make their way to the meeting place of Bonnie?
4. What is Snapper's injury from Edie?
5. How does Ira respond to Avila when Avila pleads for his life at the end of Chapter 15?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Max learn about the legal system in Miami?
2. Why does Bonnie continue to stay in Florida with Augustine and Skink?
3. What has happened in New York concerning Max's career that enables the reader to see the strong side of Max?
4. How does Avila show himself to be the coward that he is, and how does it lead him to his downfall?
5. How does Avila come to believe even more deeply in the Chango?
6. How is Dennis Reedy naive?
7. How does tension build in the ride in the Jeep on the way to The Keys?
8. How has Max decided to reclaim his wife?
9. How do Edie and Max wind up together?
10. How does Avila's sacrificing backfire?
This section contains 1,362 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)