|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bonnie do that makes Snapper want to kill her?
(a) She refuses to buy him liquor.
(b) She wants to take off her clothes because of the heat.
(c) She refuses to get back in the Jeep.
(d) She jumps out of the Jeep.
2. How is Avila saved from the crucifixion?
(a) Ira only wants to torture him--not kill him.
(b) A lion eats Ira.
(c) Ira leaves him believing Avila is dead, but he is not.
(d) A police officer saves him.
3. How does Keith Higstrom die?
(a) Boating accident.
(b) A bull impales him.
(c) The hurricane kills him.
(d) A tree falls on him.
4. What does Avila take away with him after he releases himself from the tree?
(a) A bone from Ira's body.
(b) A chicken.
(c) Duct tape.
(d) The lion's bones.
5. What does Augustine find out about the vehicle that the stolen plate was on?
(a) The vehicle has been in an accident.
(b) The hoodlums are still driving it around.
(c) It is now being driven by a white man.
(d) The plate is on a different car.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Edie still afraid to cross Snapper when they are in the truck riding out of Miami?
2. Why doesn't Jim take Edie to jail?
3. What does Fred do with the two dachshunds?
4. What does Max want to see happen to Skink?
5. How does Ira respond to Avila when Avila pleads for his life at the end of Chapter 15?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Avila come to believe even more deeply in the Chango?
2. What absurd thoughts does Fred have concerning Edie upon his return to Tony's house in Chapter 24?
3. How does Snapper finally get what he deserves?
4. Why does Bonnie continue to stay in Florida with Augustine and Skink?
5. How do Skink, Augustine and Carl Hiaasen view the president's visit to Miami?
6. How is Skink's reign of horror finally ended?
7. What emotions do Augustine and Bonnie feel after their night together? Why do they feel the way they do for each emotion?
8. How might Neria have been a good match for Tony?
9. What does Max learn about the legal system in Miami?
10. How does tension build in the ride in the Jeep on the way to The Keys?
This section contains 1,524 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)