|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Neria calls Tony's neighbor, Mr. Varga, where does he suggest that Tony may be?
(a) Hiding out because his noisy family had come to stay.
(b) Hiding out because of a threat of investigation of the trailers.
(c) Hiding out because of death threats.
(d) He has run away.
2. What does Jim tell Brenda that he has done when she wakes up in Chapter 21?
(a) He killed the man who hurt her.
(b) About Skink getting revenge.
(c) That he has found the man who hurt her.
(d) He turned the man who hurt her over to the police.
3. Why doesn't Jim take Edie to jail?
(a) He wants to find proof at Tony's first.
(b) He can't prove that she has broken the law.
(c) Skink asks him not to.
(d) Augustine asks him not to.
4. What is the first thing Skink asks Snapper once he is in the Jeep?
(a) What did Snapper do with Brenda's mother's ring?
(b) How many people has Snapper killed?
(c) How long does Snapper want to live?
(d) Where is Snapper taking them?
5. What does Snapper beat Bonnie with?
(a) His fists.
(b) The butt of a gun.
(c) A torch.
(d) The Club.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Avila saved from the crucifixion?
2. What offer does Skink make to Jim?
3. Who steals the license plate from the family's Camaro?
4. What saves Jim's life?
5. What does Fred do with the two dachshunds?
Short Essay Questions
1. Once again, how does Avila seem to be the "saved one" after he goes to Paradise Palms to confront Snapper in Chapter 26?
2. What has happened in New York concerning Max's career that enables the reader to see the strong side of Max?
3. How do Skink, Augustine and Carl Hiaasen view the president's visit to Miami?
4. Why don't Skink and Augustine storm Tony's house now that they have found it?
5. How does Snapper finally get what he deserves?
6. How might Neria have been a good match for Tony?
7. How does Bonnie react to Max now that he has been found?
8. How does tension build in the ride in the Jeep on the way to The Keys?
9. Why does Skink get in the car with Snapper and take Bonnie along with him?
10. How does Avila's sacrificing backfire?
This section contains 1,497 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)