|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Avila come up with the money for Whitmark?
(a) He steals it from his wife.
(b) He kills Snapper for it.
(c) He digs up his brother-in-law's cash.
(d) He finds Snapper and takes it.
2. What has Skink discovered about Bonnie in Chapter 14?
(a) She is in love with Augustine.
(b) She has a desire for Skink.
(c) She wants Skink in jail.
(d) She hates her husband.
3. What does Max want to see happen to Skink?
(a) He wants to kill him.
(b) He wants him to go to jail.
(c) He wants Skink to help find the man who beat Brenda.
(d) He wants to set him free.
4. Which two men have a brawl in the parking lot of the Paradise Palms?
(a) Snapper and Skink.
(b) Jim and Snapper.
(c) Augustine and Snapper.
(d) Avila and Snapper.
5. What does Snapper beat Bonnie with?
(a) The Club.
(b) The butt of a gun.
(c) His fists.
(d) A torch.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who calls Tony's house in Chapter 15?
2. Why does Max run from Clyde's hospital room?
3. What does Neria wish for Celeste's life?
4. What does Augustine find out about the vehicle that the stolen plate was on?
5. What does Snapper steal from Brenda?
Short Essay Questions
1. What can one imagine is on the piece of paper that Jim leaves with Skink? What does Jim expect that Skink will do with what is on the paper?
2. Skink is an astute man. What has he figured out about Bonnie's feelings that she may not quite know yet or perhaps not acknowledge yet?
3. How do Edie and Max wind up together?
4. What emotions do Augustine and Bonnie feel after their night together? Why do they feel the way they do for each emotion?
5. How does Avila show himself to be the coward that he is, and how does it lead him to his downfall?
6. How is Skink's reign of horror finally ended?
7. How does tension build in the ride in the Jeep on the way to The Keys?
8. How does Snapper finally get what he deserves?
9. How might Neria have been a good match for Tony?
10. How does Avila come to believe even more deeply in the Chango?
This section contains 1,399 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)