|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Snapper do to Levon when he shows up at Tony's to kill Tony?
(a) Makes him coffee.
(b) Offers him a deal.
(c) Gives him Bridget.
(d) Punches him into unconsciousness.
2. Why does Max doubt that Bonnie is cheating on him?
(a) She wouldn't want another man.
(b) Because of her religion.
(c) She is afraid of sexual disease.
(d) She hates lunatics and outlaws.
3. What is Snapper's injury from Edie?
(a) His jaw is messed up.
(b) His right leg is messed up.
(c) His right arm is messed up.
(d) His back is messed up.
4. How does Avila find Snapper in Chapter 19?
(a) Avila runs into Edie.
(b) Avila roams the streets looking for Snapper.
(c) Avila knows about Tony's place.
(d) Through a prostitute.
5. What does Snapper do to his partner in crime, Sunny Shea?
(a) He steals from Sunny.
(b) He shoots him but doesn't kill him.
(c) He shoots and kills him.
(d) He turns Sunny over to the police.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Max wind up giving a ride to when he is returns with Jim from The Keys?
2. Who follows Neria to Miami?
3. Where does Avila come up with the money for Whitmark?
4. What does Bonnie do that makes Snapper want to kill her?
5. Who comes to Augustine's and visits with Max after Max's return from Guadalajara?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Skink's reign of horror finally ended?
2. How does Avila's sacrificing backfire?
3. What can one imagine is on the piece of paper that Jim leaves with Skink? What does Jim expect that Skink will do with what is on the paper?
4. Why does Skink get in the car with Snapper and take Bonnie along with him?
5. What absurd thoughts does Fred have concerning Edie upon his return to Tony's house in Chapter 24?
6. How does tension build in the ride in the Jeep on the way to The Keys?
7. How does Snapper finally get what he deserves?
8. Why does Bonnie continue to stay in Florida with Augustine and Skink?
9. How is Dennis Reedy naive?
10. What has happened in New York concerning Max's career that enables the reader to see the strong side of Max?
This section contains 1,365 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)