|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jim tell Brenda that he has done when she wakes up in Chapter 21?
(a) He turned the man who hurt her over to the police.
(b) He killed the man who hurt her.
(c) About Skink getting revenge.
(d) That he has found the man who hurt her.
2. How does Ira respond to Avila when Avila pleads for his life at the end of Chapter 15?
(a) He feeds him to chickens.
(b) Ira says, "I want you to die."
(c) Ira says, "You can live after you pay for my mother's death."
(d) He hits him over the head with a hammer.
3. Besides Augustine, who arrives at the motel Paradise Palms before Snapper?
(b) More prostitutes.
(c) The police.
(d) Jim Tile.
4. How does Edie open a bank account in Neria's name?
(a) She cries that her identification was lost.
(b) She gets Fred to open the account.
(c) She has Neria's identification.
(d) She causes a commotion with the dogs.
5. Why does Max run from Clyde's hospital room?
(a) Clyde threatens to fire Max.
(b) Clyde is screaming at Max.
(c) Clyde tries to burn Max with a cigarette.
(d) Clyde coughs up part of his lung.
Short Answer Questions
1. What saves Jim's life?
2. What does Bonnie ask Augustine to do at the end of Chapter 31?
3. What offer does Skink make to Jim?
4. What does Bonnie do that makes Snapper want to kill her?
5. How does Snapper and Edie get Levon out of the house?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Skink's reign of horror finally ended?
2. How does Snapper finally get what he deserves?
3. What absurd thoughts does Fred have concerning Edie upon his return to Tony's house in Chapter 24?
4. Why don't Skink and Augustine storm Tony's house now that they have found it?
5. Once again, how does Avila seem to be the "saved one" after he goes to Paradise Palms to confront Snapper in Chapter 26?
6. Why does Bonnie continue to stay in Florida with Augustine and Skink?
7. Skink is an astute man. What has he figured out about Bonnie's feelings that she may not quite know yet or perhaps not acknowledge yet?
8. How does Bonnie react to Max now that he has been found?
9. How does Avila come to believe even more deeply in the Chango?
10. What emotions do Augustine and Bonnie feel after their night together? Why do they feel the way they do for each emotion?
This section contains 1,515 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)