|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Avila get hurt in Chapter 18?
(b) His wife beat him.
(c) A goat pierced him.
(d) A lion bit him.
2. What surprise does Fred have for Edie concerning their insurance claim?
(a) Extra money for the contents of the house.
(b) They are getting the check that same day.
(c) They aren't getting any money.
(d) They will not split any of the money with Snapper.
3. Who steals the license plate from the family's Camaro?
4. Why doesn't Jim take Edie to jail?
(a) Augustine asks him not to.
(b) He wants to find proof at Tony's first.
(c) He can't prove that she has broken the law.
(d) Skink asks him not to.
5. What does Bonnie ask Augustine to do at the end of Chapter 31?
(a) Help her find Skink.
(b) Tie her to the bridge.
(c) Marry her.
(d) Send her back to New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Snapper do to Edie and Fred in Chapter 14 after he returns to Tony's?
2. Who does Edie mistake Levon for in Chapter 19?
3. Why couldn't Jim catch the Jeep of Snapper's that he was following?
4. Which two men have a brawl in the parking lot of the Paradise Palms?
5. What offer does Skink make to Jim?
Short Essay Questions
1. How has Max decided to reclaim his wife?
2. How might Neria have been a good match for Tony?
3. What can one imagine is on the piece of paper that Jim leaves with Skink? What does Jim expect that Skink will do with what is on the paper?
4. Why don't Skink and Augustine storm Tony's house now that they have found it?
5. How does Avila show himself to be the coward that he is, and how does it lead him to his downfall?
6. What absurd thoughts does Fred have concerning Edie upon his return to Tony's house in Chapter 24?
7. What emotions do Augustine and Bonnie feel after their night together? Why do they feel the way they do for each emotion?
8. How does Bonnie react to Max now that he has been found?
9. What has happened in New York concerning Max's career that enables the reader to see the strong side of Max?
10. Why does Bonnie continue to stay in Florida with Augustine and Skink?
This section contains 1,452 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)