|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Avila admit to Ira about his inspections at the trailer park?
(a) That he went but never looked at anything.
(b) That the straps were not made to withstand Florida sunshine.
(c) That he knew the augers were rotten but said nothing.
(d) That he never went to the park.
2. Who comes to Augustine's and visits with Max after Max's return from Guadalajara?
(a) An FBI agent.
(b) Jim Tile.
(d) Augustine's ex-girlfriend.
3. What does Augustine find out about the vehicle that the stolen plate was on?
(a) The vehicle has been in an accident.
(b) It is now being driven by a white man.
(c) The plate is on a different car.
(d) The hoodlums are still driving it around.
4. What does Max want to see happen to Skink?
(a) He wants to set him free.
(b) He wants to kill him.
(c) He wants him to go to jail.
(d) He wants Skink to help find the man who beat Brenda.
5. What saves Jim's life?
(a) A misfire in the gun.
(b) A bullet-proof vest.
(c) Snapper's bad aim.
(d) A raccoon.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Skink bring Augustine and Bonnie for breakfast?
2. What does Snapper steal from Brenda?
3. What does Snapper do to Edie and Fred in Chapter 14 after he returns to Tony's?
4. What is the first thing Skink asks Snapper once he is in the Jeep?
5. Where does Augustine wind up at the end of Chapter 24?
Short Essay Questions
1. Once again, how does Avila seem to be the "saved one" after he goes to Paradise Palms to confront Snapper in Chapter 26?
2. What absurd thoughts does Fred have concerning Edie upon his return to Tony's house in Chapter 24?
3. Skink is an astute man. What has he figured out about Bonnie's feelings that she may not quite know yet or perhaps not acknowledge yet?
4. Why does Bonnie continue to stay in Florida with Augustine and Skink?
5. How does Avila come to believe even more deeply in the Chango?
6. Why don't Skink and Augustine storm Tony's house now that they have found it?
7. How might Neria have been a good match for Tony?
8. What can one imagine is on the piece of paper that Jim leaves with Skink? What does Jim expect that Skink will do with what is on the paper?
9. How does Avila show himself to be the coward that he is, and how does it lead him to his downfall?
10. How do Skink, Augustine and Carl Hiaasen view the president's visit to Miami?
This section contains 1,498 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)