|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Ira respond to Avila when Avila pleads for his life at the end of Chapter 15?
(a) He hits him over the head with a hammer.
(b) Ira says, "I want you to die."
(c) Ira says, "You can live after you pay for my mother's death."
(d) He feeds him to chickens.
2. What saves Jim's life?
(a) A bullet-proof vest.
(b) A raccoon.
(c) Snapper's bad aim.
(d) A misfire in the gun.
3. What does Max want to see happen to Skink?
(a) He wants Skink to help find the man who beat Brenda.
(b) He wants him to go to jail.
(c) He wants to set him free.
(d) He wants to kill him.
4. How does Edie open a bank account in Neria's name?
(a) She causes a commotion with the dogs.
(b) She cries that her identification was lost.
(c) She has Neria's identification.
(d) She gets Fred to open the account.
5. How does Keith Higstrom die?
(a) Boating accident.
(b) The hurricane kills him.
(c) A tree falls on him.
(d) A bull impales him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Avila come up with the money for Whitmark?
2. What does Skink pull out of his pockets and line up at his feet when the boat approaches?
3. Why do Neria and the professor take Celeste along with them to Florida?
4. What does Edie request of Bridget when she is preparing for the insurance man to come to Tony's house?
5. What does Avila need to do before he heads to The Keys?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Skink, Augustine and Carl Hiaasen view the president's visit to Miami?
2. What has happened in New York concerning Max's career that enables the reader to see the strong side of Max?
3. How does Snapper finally get what he deserves?
4. Why does Bonnie continue to stay in Florida with Augustine and Skink?
5. How is Skink's reign of horror finally ended?
6. How does Avila's sacrificing backfire?
7. How does Bonnie react to Max now that he has been found?
8. What emotions do Augustine and Bonnie feel after their night together? Why do they feel the way they do for each emotion?
9. Skink is an astute man. What has he figured out about Bonnie's feelings that she may not quite know yet or perhaps not acknowledge yet?
10. What absurd thoughts does Fred have concerning Edie upon his return to Tony's house in Chapter 24?
This section contains 1,483 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)