|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Bonnie feel about going back to New York with Max?
(a) She does not want to go.
(b) She does not feel well enough to go.
(c) She is excited to leave.
(d) She tells him that she wants to stay in Florida for good.
2. Who does Augustine find when he gets back to Calusa Drive after getting the guns?
(a) No one.
3. When Neria calls Tony's neighbor, Mr. Varga, where does he suggest that Tony may be?
(a) He has run away.
(b) Hiding out because of a threat of investigation of the trailers.
(c) Hiding out because of death threats.
(d) Hiding out because his noisy family had come to stay.
4. How does Ira get Avila to take a ride with him?
(a) Ira offers him fifteen thousand dollars plus for a new roof.
(b) Ira tells Avila about a place where sacrificing is done.
(c) Ira has Avila's wife tell him to go.
(d) Ira threatens Avila's family.
5. What is the first thing Skink asks Snapper once he is in the Jeep?
(a) Where is Snapper taking them?
(b) How many people has Snapper killed?
(c) How long does Snapper want to live?
(d) What did Snapper do with Brenda's mother's ring?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who comes to Augustine's and visits with Max after Max's return from Guadalajara?
2. Who does Levon Stichler want to kill?
3. How does Avila get hurt in Chapter 18?
4. Who calls Tony's house in Chapter 15?
5. Surprisingly, what is Keith Higstrom not good at doing?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Skink's reign of horror finally ended?
2. What does Max learn about the legal system in Miami?
3. How does Snapper finally get what he deserves?
4. How does Avila's sacrificing backfire?
5. How does Bonnie react to Max now that he has been found?
6. How do Skink, Augustine and Carl Hiaasen view the president's visit to Miami?
7. Why does Skink get in the car with Snapper and take Bonnie along with him?
8. How does Avila come to believe even more deeply in the Chango?
9. How does tension build in the ride in the Jeep on the way to The Keys?
10. How does Avila show himself to be the coward that he is, and how does it lead him to his downfall?
This section contains 1,411 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)