|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What offer does Skink make to Jim?
(a) He will run and hide.
(b) He will find the man who beat Brenda.
(c) He will never hurt anyone again.
(d) He will apologize to Max and Bonnie.
2. Who does Max wind up giving a ride to when he is returns with Jim from The Keys?
3. Where does Avila come up with the money for Whitmark?
(a) He finds Snapper and takes it.
(b) He kills Snapper for it.
(c) He steals it from his wife.
(d) He digs up his brother-in-law's cash.
4. What surprise does Fred have for Edie concerning their insurance claim?
(a) They are getting the check that same day.
(b) They aren't getting any money.
(c) They will not split any of the money with Snapper.
(d) Extra money for the contents of the house.
5. Besides Augustine, who arrives at the motel Paradise Palms before Snapper?
(a) Jim Tile.
(c) More prostitutes.
(d) The police.
Short Answer Questions
1. Surprisingly, what is Keith Higstrom not good at doing?
2. What does Fred do with the two dachshunds?
3. What does Skink bring out of the bush for Bonnie and Augustine to eat?
4. Who comes to Augustine's and visits with Max after Max's return from Guadalajara?
5. What does Snapper do to Edie and Fred in Chapter 14 after he returns to Tony's?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Max learn about the legal system in Miami?
2. How does Snapper finally get what he deserves?
3. How do Skink, Augustine and Carl Hiaasen view the president's visit to Miami?
4. Why don't Skink and Augustine storm Tony's house now that they have found it?
5. Why does Bonnie continue to stay in Florida with Augustine and Skink?
6. How is Skink's reign of horror finally ended?
7. Skink is an astute man. What has he figured out about Bonnie's feelings that she may not quite know yet or perhaps not acknowledge yet?
8. What has happened in New York concerning Max's career that enables the reader to see the strong side of Max?
9. How might Neria have been a good match for Tony?
10. What can one imagine is on the piece of paper that Jim leaves with Skink? What does Jim expect that Skink will do with what is on the paper?
This section contains 1,429 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)