|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jim tell Brenda that he has done when she wakes up in Chapter 21?
(a) He killed the man who hurt her.
(b) That he has found the man who hurt her.
(c) About Skink getting revenge.
(d) He turned the man who hurt her over to the police.
2. Who comes to Augustine's and visits with Max after Max's return from Guadalajara?
(a) An FBI agent.
(b) Augustine's ex-girlfriend.
(d) Jim Tile.
3. Who calls Tony's house in Chapter 15?
(a) Neria, Tony's wife.
(b) Jim Tile.
4. What does Snapper do with Brenda's mother's ring?
(a) He tosses it out the Jeep window.
(b) He swallows it.
(c) He pawns it.
(d) He gives it to Edie.
5. Why couldn't Jim catch the Jeep of Snapper's that he was following?
(a) The roads are flooded.
(b) Because of a slow moving family in a station wagon.
(c) A group of monkeys stop traffic.
(d) His car breaks down.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which two men have a brawl in the parking lot of the Paradise Palms?
2. How does Bonnie feel about going back to New York with Max?
3. Who follows Neria to Miami?
4. Why doesn't Jim take Edie to jail?
5. What does Augustine find out about the vehicle that the stolen plate was on?
Short Essay Questions
1. How might Neria have been a good match for Tony?
2. What has happened in New York concerning Max's career that enables the reader to see the strong side of Max?
3. How does Bonnie react to Max now that he has been found?
4. How does Avila come to believe even more deeply in the Chango?
5. How does Avila's sacrificing backfire?
6. Why don't Skink and Augustine storm Tony's house now that they have found it?
7. How do Skink, Augustine and Carl Hiaasen view the president's visit to Miami?
8. How has Max decided to reclaim his wife?
9. How does Snapper finally get what he deserves?
10. How does Avila show himself to be the coward that he is, and how does it lead him to his downfall?
This section contains 1,455 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)