|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Jim know that Skink has Max?
(a) Bonnie gets a phone call from Max.
(b) He recognizes his voice on the tape.
(c) Jim sees them together.
(d) He gets a phone call from Skink.
2. What does Gil Peck find attached to the satellite dish?
(a) Two dachshunds.
(b) Tony's body.
(c) A woman with a Cartier watch.
(d) Max's body.
3. Why are Jack and Drake stuck on US 1?
(a) The hurricane has hit the Keys.
(b) The car is broken down.
(c) Some crazy man has stopped them.
(d) Everyone is evacuating the Keys because of the hurricane.
4. Why is Edie annoyed with the insurance man when he returns the next night in Chapter 11?
(a) He is acting as though they have a romance going on.
(b) He drinks all of the wine.
(c) He won't get her a hotel room.
(d) He answers the door when someone knocks.
5. Why does Max chase a monkey?
(a) He wants to kill it.
(b) It runs off with his camera.
(c) It runs off with his wallet.
(d) He wants to help it.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Brenda and Jim meet?
2. How does Skink respond when Max asks him if he is ever letting Max go?
3. Why have Edie and Snapper chosen a house in a neighborhood that the hurricane hit?
4. Why is Gil Peck in Florida?
5. Why does Bonnie's mother dislike Max?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the weather create conflict in Chapter 1?
2. What insight does Augustine have concerning Skink that Max does not?
3. What surprising news does Bonnie hear from Pete and how does it change the dynamic of her marriage?
4. In what way have common household items become weapons of violence?
5. How does Snapper become the criminal that he is?
6. How does the political system ruin Clinton Tyree?
7. How is the relationship between Augustine and Bonnie progressing after Max has been gone for a couple of days?
8. In what way is it correct that Jim Tile worries about Skink?
9. Though shown as a kidnapper and torturer, Skink appears to be an ethical man. How so?
10. What conversation do Bonnie and Augustine share that makes it seem as though the two are becoming close?
This section contains 1,225 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)