|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Max chase a monkey?
(a) It runs off with his wallet.
(b) It runs off with his camera.
(c) He wants to help it.
(d) He wants to kill it.
2. How does Snapper feel when he sees that Tony is gone and the damage the cinder block did?
(a) He is glad to be rid of Tony.
(b) He feels that he is a poor bodyguard.
(c) He is mad at himself for ruining the money scheme.
(d) He is worried that Tony might be dead.
3. What food product is on Skink's list that he wants Bonnie to deliver?
(b) Black olives.
(d) Green olives.
4. Whose body is in the morgue?
5. Where does Max call when Skink gives him the cell phone to call Bonnie?
(a) He calls their apartment in New York.
(b) He calls his parents.
(c) He calls Bonnie's cell phone.
(d) He calls the highway patrol.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who helps Bonnie after she gets hit in the head?
2. What happens to Augustine's uncle?
3. What is the boy doing when Max videotapes him?
4. What does Skink smoke?
5. What does Skink make Max do to support the products he advertises?
Short Essay Questions
1. The plot thickens as the reader discovers the depth that Edie and Snapper will go to in order to make money. What is their plan and how do they execute it?
2. What surprising news does Bonnie hear from Pete and how does it change the dynamic of her marriage?
3. What misconceptions is Max beginning to believe about Skink in Chapter 6?
4. In what way is it correct that Jim Tile worries about Skink?
5. How does Chapter 8 show that what "goes around, comes around" in the case of Gil Peck?
6. How do Bonnie's responses to Augustine show that she has feelings for her husband and an understanding of who he is?
7. Bonnie wonders at the end of the Chapter 11 if Max is different now. How is he different?
8. How does the way in which Tony treats Edie in Chapter 6 make the ending of the chapter more satisfactory to the reader?
9. In what way have common household items become weapons of violence?
10. How does Jim Tile come to bring the news to Bonnie that Skink has abducted Max?
This section contains 1,263 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)