|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Max at the bottom of the list of missing persons?
(a) Wayward tourists are not a priority.
(b) He is not known to be hurt.
(c) Videotapers are not a priority.
(d) He is not a victim of the hurricane.
2. How is the one-eyed man torturing Max?
(a) With the monkey.
(b) With fire.
(c) With a stick.
(d) With a dog shock collar.
3. How does Tony prove Edie is not paralyzed?
(a) He drops a branch on her leg.
(b) He shines a flashlight in her face.
(c) He pushes her arm with the shotgun.
(d) He calls the police.
4. With what does Augustine juggle?
(b) Lit torches.
(c) Human skulls.
5. Who helps Bonnie after she gets hit in the head?
(b) Tony Torres.
(c) The police.
(d) The boy with the bike.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Max's tone in Chapter 7 when he calls and leaves a message for the second time?
2. Why does the patrol officers go to the Card Sound Bridge?
3. What food product is on Skink's list that he wants Bonnie to deliver?
4. What strange items are people using as weapons as Jim discovered?
5. Why does Max chase a monkey?
Short Essay Questions
1. Even though the author introduces new characters, he continues to tie in the ones that the reader has already met. How are the characters intertwining in Chapter 3?
2. How does Jim Tile come to bring the news to Bonnie that Skink has abducted Max?
3. Suspense builds throughout Chapter 2. How does the author build that suspense?
4. Why does Ira Jackson feel so badly about himself?
5. How does Snapper become the criminal that he is?
6. Though shown as a kidnapper and torturer, Skink appears to be an ethical man. How so?
7. Though Ira Jackson has every right to want justice for his mother's death, his sense of justice is twisted. Why is Ira's idea of justice wrong and how is his execution of it immoral?
8. How does the structure of Chapter 1 differ from a standard novel?
9. How is Edie a resourceful woman?
10. Bonnie wonders at the end of the Chapter 11 if Max is different now. How is he different?
This section contains 1,180 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)