|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Skink pop into his mouth while in the U-Haul in Chapter 11?
(a) A lit cigarette.
(c) A scorpion.
(d) A nut.
2. After the storm, why don't Edie and Sapper go to the original house they had found that morning?
(a) They wanted to choose a house that lost its roof.
(b) The neighborhood was so destroyed that they could not find it.
(c) They wanted a bigger house.
(d) The house was destroyed.
3. Why are Max and Bonnie in Orlando?
(a) To set up a scam.
(b) For their honeymoon.
(c) To celebrate their graduation.
(d) To visit friends.
4. Why is the trooper sent to Miami?
(a) To patrol neighborhoods for looters.
(b) To rescue animals.
(c) To help clear traffic for the rescue convoys.
(d) To find hurricane victims.
5. What does Tony make Snapper and Edie explain to him once he brings them in the house?
(a) How they came up with their idea.
(b) Why they chose his house.
(c) How their scam was supposed to work.
(d) Where they came from.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the patrol officers go to the Card Sound Bridge?
2. How does Tony prove Edie is not paralyzed?
3. How does Snapper feel when he sees that Tony is gone and the damage the cinder block did?
4. How is the one-eyed man torturing Max?
5. Why does Max chase a monkey?
Short Essay Questions
1. Bonnie wonders at the end of the Chapter 11 if Max is different now. How is he different?
2. How is Max possibly misreading Skink?
3. How is the relationship between Augustine and Bonnie progressing after Max has been gone for a couple of days?
4. The plot thickens as the reader discovers the depth that Edie and Snapper will go to in order to make money. What is their plan and how do they execute it?
5. Why and how does Bonnie question her choice of a husband?
6. Suspense builds throughout Chapter 2. How does the author build that suspense?
7. Why does Ira Jackson feel so badly about himself?
8. How does the political system ruin Clinton Tyree?
9. In what way have common household items become weapons of violence?
10. How is Edie a resourceful woman?
This section contains 1,278 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)