|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What organization was Snapper's parents involved in when he was young?
(b) The Black Panthers
(c) The Peace Corps.
(d) The Ku Klux Klan.
2. How many corpses does Bonnie have to look at in the morgue?
3. Why does Bonnie wake up screaming?
(a) There is a monkey in the room with her.
(b) She sees the human skull display.
(c) She has found herself in Augustine's bed.
(d) She is worried for Max.
4. What does Bonnie think after Max goes into a family's home to take pictures of the devastation?
(a) She thinks Max is adventurous.
(b) She thinks Max is brave.
(c) She questions her choice of a husband.
(d) She thinks her mother would be proud.
5. What does Bonnie attempt to do after Augustine insults Max?
(a) She tries to smack him.
(b) She attempts to leave.
(c) She agrees with him.
(d) She throws coffee at him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the boy doing when Max videotapes him?
2. Why is Edie annoyed with the insurance man when he returns the next night in Chapter 11?
3. Whose body is in the morgue?
4. Who is the man who shows up at Tony's with the two dachshunds?
5. Why has the one-eyed man kidnapped Max?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the weather create conflict in Chapter 1?
2. What insight does Augustine have concerning Skink that Max does not?
3. In what way is it correct that Jim Tile worries about Skink?
4. How does Avila show himself to be the coward that he is, and how does it lead him to his downfall?
5. Why does Bonnie continue to stay in Florida with Augustine and Skink?
6. How is Dennis Reedy naive?
7. Who gets their just-desserts in the end of the story?
8. What can one imagine is on the piece of paper that Jim leaves with Skink? What does Jim expect that Skink will do with what is on the paper?
9. How does Edie and Snapper's plan surprise the reader now that it is revealed in their conversation with Tony in Chapter 4?
10. How do Edie and Max wind up together?
This section contains 1,126 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)