|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tony make Snapper and Edie explain to him once he brings them in the house?
(a) How they came up with their idea.
(b) Why they chose his house.
(c) How their scam was supposed to work.
(d) Where they came from.
2. What does Tony Torres do for a living?
(a) He is an insurance salesman.
(b) He is a police officer.
(c) He is an insurance claims representative.
(d) He sells manufactured homes.
3. Why have Edie and Snapper chosen a house in a neighborhood that the hurricane hit?
(a) To make a fraudulent insurance claim.
(b) To rescue animals.
(c) To seek out victims.
(d) To steal whatever they can find.
4. Why has the one-eyed man kidnapped Max?
(a) He wants Max's camera.
(b) Max was throwing trash in the water.
(c) Max was mistreating the monkey.
(d) He wants Max's money.
5. What does Snapper do to the female police officer who pulled him over?
(a) He speeds away from her.
(b) He shoots her.
(c) He knocks her out.
(d) He tries to seduce her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the kids want who drive up behind Snapper and follow him for a bit?
2. What does Skink pop into his mouth while in the U-Haul in Chapter 11?
3. Why is the one-eyed man angry with Jack and Webo?
4. How is the one-eyed man torturing Max?
5. Why is Jim Tile glad to be in South Florida?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Jim Tile come to bring the news to Bonnie that Skink has abducted Max?
2. How do the characters introduced in Chapter 1 differ from each other?
3. How is the relationship between Augustine and Bonnie progressing after Max has been gone for a couple of days?
4. What insight does Augustine have concerning Skink that Max does not?
5. How is Edie a resourceful woman?
6. How does the political system ruin Clinton Tyree?
7. What kind of a character is Augustine? Please support your answer with evidence from the book.
8. Even though the author introduces new characters, he continues to tie in the ones that the reader has already met. How are the characters intertwining in Chapter 3?
9. How does Snapper become the criminal that he is?
10. What misconceptions is Max beginning to believe about Skink in Chapter 6?
This section contains 1,244 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)