Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Snapper call Avila?
(a) Snapper wants to see if Avila wants in on the Tony plan.
(b) As a back up plan to the Tony plan.
(c) Snapper wants to be a building inspector.
(d) Snapper wants Avila to take Snapper's place in the Tony plan.
2. To whose attention is Max Lamb's case finally drawn?
(a) News reporters.
(b) Jim Tile.
(c) The FBI.
(d) Max's parents.
3. Why are Max and Bonnie in Orlando?
(a) To celebrate their graduation.
(b) For their honeymoon.
(c) To visit friends.
(d) To set up a scam.
4. What does Tony make Snapper and Edie explain to him once he brings them in the house?
(a) Where they came from.
(b) How they came up with their idea.
(c) How their scam was supposed to work.
(d) Why they chose his house.
5. With what does Augustine juggle?
(a) Lit torches.
(c) Human skulls.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the beginning of Chapter 6, what does Skink allow Max to do that he has not allowed before?
2. What is Max going to do with the videotapes?
3. What does Skink pop into his mouth while in the U-Haul in Chapter 11?
4. Why has the one-eyed man kidnapped Max?
5. What does Gil Peck find attached to the satellite dish?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Snapper finally get what he deserves?
2. What insight does Augustine have concerning Skink that Max does not?
3. How do Bonnie's responses to Augustine show that she has feelings for her husband and an understanding of who he is?
4. In what way is Edie shown as a round character?
5. How do Skink, Augustine and Carl Hiaasen view the president's visit to Miami?
6. How does Edie and Snapper's plan surprise the reader now that it is revealed in their conversation with Tony in Chapter 4?
7. Why does Ira Jackson feel so badly about himself?
8. What can one imagine is on the piece of paper that Jim leaves with Skink? What does Jim expect that Skink will do with what is on the paper?
9. Why does Bonnie continue to stay in Florida with Augustine and Skink?
10. What misconceptions is Max beginning to believe about Skink in Chapter 6?
This section contains 1,218 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)