|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Jim know that Skink has Max?
(a) He recognizes his voice on the tape.
(b) Jim sees them together.
(c) He gets a phone call from Skink.
(d) Bonnie gets a phone call from Max.
2. At the beginning of Chapter 6, what does Skink allow Max to do that he has not allowed before?
(a) Go home.
(b) Ask three questions.
(c) Take off the shock collar.
3. What does Bonnie think after Max goes into a family's home to take pictures of the devastation?
(a) She questions her choice of a husband.
(b) She thinks Max is adventurous.
(c) She thinks Max is brave.
(d) She thinks her mother would be proud.
4. How does Skink respond when Max asks him if he is ever letting Max go?
(a) Skink plans on killing him.
(b) Skink will let him go when he understands a lesson.
(c) Skink wants to meet Bonnie.
(d) Skink won't ever let him go.
5. What does Tony make Snapper and Edie explain to him once he brings them in the house?
(a) How they came up with their idea.
(b) Where they came from.
(c) How their scam was supposed to work.
(d) Why they chose his house.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Bonnie stop looking for Max?
2. What does Tony propose to Edie as a new deal?
3. Where does Edie say she is going to go with her seventy grand?
4. Why does Bonnie's mother dislike Max?
5. Where does Augustine take Bonnie for the night after their search for Max fails?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the structure of Chapter 1 differ from a standard novel?
2. Why does Ira Jackson feel so badly about himself?
3. What kind of a character is Augustine? Please support your answer with evidence from the book.
4. Though Ira Jackson has every right to want justice for his mother's death, his sense of justice is twisted. Why is Ira's idea of justice wrong and how is his execution of it immoral?
5. Though the reader never really meets Avila, much can be said about his character through indirect characterization. What type of character is he?
6. How is Max possibly misreading Skink?
7. What conversation do Bonnie and Augustine share that makes it seem as though the two are becoming close?
8. How is the relationship between Augustine and Bonnie progressing after Max has been gone for a couple of days?
9. How do Bonnie's responses to Augustine show that she has feelings for her husband and an understanding of who he is?
10. What does the reader learn of Augustine's background that leads to him being a more dynamic character?
This section contains 1,384 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)