|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Max's tone in Chapter 7 when he calls and leaves a message for the second time?
(a) He sounds less frightened.
(b) He is worried about Bonnie.
(c) He sounds more frightened.
(d) He is nervous he will lose his job.
2. What do Edie and Snapper bring with them to Tony's house?
(a) A generator.
(b) Food and drink.
(d) A gun.
3. In Chapter 9, what becomes of the dachshunds?
(a) They are gone from their leashes and collars.
(b) Ira Jackson takes them back.
(c) They are eaten by a bear.
(d) They run away.
4. What is the boy doing when Max videotapes him?
(a) He is playing with a monkey?
(b) He is looking through the debris in his house.
(c) He is crying.
(d) He is pulling his bike out of a tree.
5. What happens to Bonnie's purse?
(a) The monkey runs off with it.
(b) Augustine locks it in his truck.
(c) It is stolen from the trunk of the car.
(d) Looters rip it from her hands.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the one-eyed man angry with Jack and Webo?
2. Why does Edie call Tony "a regular Nostrodamus"?
3. Why does Snapper call Avila?
4. What organization was Snapper's parents involved in when he was young?
5. What do the kids want who drive up behind Snapper and follow him for a bit?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the characters introduced in Chapter 1 differ from each other?
2. How is the author being satirical in the characterization of Tony Torres?
3. In what way is it correct that Jim Tile worries about Skink?
4. How does the structure of Chapter 1 differ from a standard novel?
5. How does the way in which Tony treats Edie in Chapter 6 make the ending of the chapter more satisfactory to the reader?
6. What does the reader learn of Augustine's background that leads to him being a more dynamic character?
7. How does the weather create conflict in Chapter 1?
8. Suspense builds throughout Chapter 2. How does the author build that suspense?
9. How does Chapter 8 show that what "goes around, comes around" in the case of Gil Peck?
10. Why does Ira Jackson feel so badly about himself?
This section contains 1,309 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)