|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Augustine make his money?
(a) He sells imported animals.
(b) He works on a boat.
(c) Through an insurance claim.
(d) He owns a zoo.
2. What does Augustine do to the drunk construction worker?
(a) Augustine punches him.
(b) Augustine shoots him with a tranquilizer dart.
(c) Augustine shoots him.
(d) Augustine hits his car.
3. Why does Bonnie wake up screaming?
(a) She sees the human skull display.
(b) She is worried for Max.
(c) There is a monkey in the room with her.
(d) She has found herself in Augustine's bed.
4. What does Skink give as the reason that he abducted Max?
(a) Skink saw Max abuse the little boy with the bike.
(b) Max was physically small.
(c) Skink had no particular reason for choosing Max.
(d) Max made a "splendid target" as a tourist with a video camera.
5. At the end of Chapter 8, what happens to Gil Peck?
(a) He gets shot by a cop.
(b) He flips his truck over on the turnpike.
(c) He confesses to murder.
(d) He drives into a canal after being chased.
Short Answer Questions
1. What strange items are people using as weapons as Jim discovered?
2. Why are Jack and Drake stuck on US 1?
3. What is the boy doing when Max videotapes him?
4. What does Bonnie attempt to do after Augustine insults Max?
5. Why have Edie and Snapper chosen a house in a neighborhood that the hurricane hit?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what way is Edie shown as a round character?
2. What does Jim Tile reveal that adds to the dimension of Skink's character?
3. Though Ira Jackson has every right to want justice for his mother's death, his sense of justice is twisted. Why is Ira's idea of justice wrong and how is his execution of it immoral?
4. How is the character of Avila brought further to light by showing his bad character traits?
5. What conversation do Bonnie and Augustine share that makes it seem as though the two are becoming close?
6. Suspense builds throughout Chapter 2. How does the author build that suspense?
7. How do Bonnie's responses to Augustine show that she has feelings for her husband and an understanding of who he is?
8. The plot thickens as the reader discovers the depth that Edie and Snapper will go to in order to make money. What is their plan and how do they execute it?
9. What does the reader learn of Augustine's background that leads to him being a more dynamic character?
10. How does the way in which Tony treats Edie in Chapter 6 make the ending of the chapter more satisfactory to the reader?
This section contains 1,440 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)