|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the old man in search of at Beatrice Jackson's home?
(a) Beatrice's urn.
(b) His wife's blue urn.
(c) Beatrice's dogs.
(d) Ira Jackson.
2. In Chapter 9, what becomes of the dachshunds?
(a) They run away.
(b) Ira Jackson takes them back.
(c) They are eaten by a bear.
(d) They are gone from their leashes and collars.
3. What is the tie between the three sets of characters met in Chapter 1?
(a) The hurricane.
(b) Disney World.
(d) Peabody Hotel.
4. What does Skink pop into his mouth while in the U-Haul in Chapter 11?
(a) A lit cigarette.
(b) A nut.
(d) A scorpion.
5. How does Jim know that Skink has Max?
(a) He gets a phone call from Skink.
(b) Bonnie gets a phone call from Max.
(c) He recognizes his voice on the tape.
(d) Jim sees them together.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Skink make Max do to support the products he advertises?
2. Where does Edie say she is going to go with her seventy grand?
3. What does the man with the dachshunds tell Edie to do?
4. What does Tony propose as a new deal for Snapper?
5. Why are Jack and Drake stuck on US 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is the relationship between Augustine and Bonnie progressing after Max has been gone for a couple of days?
2. How does the political system ruin Clinton Tyree?
3. What does Jim Tile reveal that adds to the dimension of Skink's character?
4. Though Ira Jackson has every right to want justice for his mother's death, his sense of justice is twisted. Why is Ira's idea of justice wrong and how is his execution of it immoral?
5. Though Ira Jackson has every right to be angry over the death of his mother, he is no saint himself and perhaps should not be judging Tony so harshly. What indicators has the author given the reader to show that Jackson is not an upstanding character?
6. How is the author being satirical in the characterization of Tony Torres?
7. How does Snapper become the criminal that he is?
8. Even though the author introduces new characters, he continues to tie in the ones that the reader has already met. How are the characters intertwining in Chapter 3?
9. How is Max possibly misreading Skink?
10. Why and how does Bonnie question her choice of a husband?
This section contains 1,346 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)