|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Tony sitting when Snapper and Edie arrive back at his house the next day?
(a) On the front porch in a rocking chair.
(b) In the living room.
(c) On the driveway.
(d) In a lounge chair on the front lawn.
2. Why does Bonnie stop looking for Max?
(a) She meets Augustine.
(b) She is too angry to look further.
(c) She becomes lost.
(d) She gets hit in the head with a board.
3. Why has the one-eyed man kidnapped Max?
(a) He wants Max's money.
(b) Max was mistreating the monkey.
(c) He wants Max's camera.
(d) Max was throwing trash in the water.
4. Why is Augustine's father in jail?
(a) He killed someone.
(b) He was a thief.
(c) He was a drug runner.
(d) Domestic violence.
5. What does Skink smoke?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bonnie learn from the little boy with the bike?
2. What is Snapper's part in the roof scam with Avila?
3. What is the old man in search of at Beatrice Jackson's home?
4. What happens to Augustine's uncle?
5. What/Who attacks Max's face?
Short Essay Questions
1. What conversation do Bonnie and Augustine share that makes it seem as though the two are becoming close?
2. In what way is Edie shown as a round character?
3. Why does Ira Jackson feel so badly about himself?
4. How is the relationship between Augustine and Bonnie progressing after Max has been gone for a couple of days?
5. Though the reader never really meets Avila, much can be said about his character through indirect characterization. What type of character is he?
6. Suspense builds throughout Chapter 2. How does the author build that suspense?
7. In what way is it correct that Jim Tile worries about Skink?
8. How do Bonnie's responses to Augustine show that she has feelings for her husband and an understanding of who he is?
9. How do the characters introduced in Chapter 1 differ from each other?
10. In what way have common household items become weapons of violence?
This section contains 1,134 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)