|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are Jack and Drake stuck on US 1?
(a) Some crazy man has stopped them.
(b) The car is broken down.
(c) The hurricane has hit the Keys.
(d) Everyone is evacuating the Keys because of the hurricane.
2. Why is the trooper sent to Miami?
(a) To rescue animals.
(b) To help clear traffic for the rescue convoys.
(c) To find hurricane victims.
(d) To patrol neighborhoods for looters.
3. What does Skink make Max do to support the products he advertises?
(a) He makes Max drink lots of beer.
(b) He makes him eat a carton of eggs.
(c) He makes Max smoke many cigarettes.
(d) He makes Max eat tons of cereal.
4. How does Bonnie view the kidnapper?
(a) As a psychopath.
(b) As a killer.
(c) As someone she must figure out.
(d) As a man who will demand ransom.
5. What does Skink do every time Max asks him if Skink is going to shoot him?
(a) Skink throws water on him.
(b) Skink kicks him.
(c) Skink shocks him with the collar.
(d) Skink raises the gun to Max's head.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the rope on the bridge at the end of Chapter 2?
2. What does Augustine do to the drunk construction worker?
3. Why is Jim Tile glad to be in South Florida?
4. What surprising fact does the reader learn about Skink from Jim?
5. Where does Edie say she is going to go with her seventy grand?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Bonnie's responses to Augustine show that she has feelings for her husband and an understanding of who he is?
2. Why does Ira Jackson feel so badly about himself?
3. Though shown as a kidnapper and torturer, Skink appears to be an ethical man. How so?
4. The plot thickens as the reader discovers the depth that Edie and Snapper will go to in order to make money. What is their plan and how do they execute it?
5. In what way is Edie shown as a round character?
6. Though Ira Jackson has every right to be angry over the death of his mother, he is no saint himself and perhaps should not be judging Tony so harshly. What indicators has the author given the reader to show that Jackson is not an upstanding character?
7. How is Edie a resourceful woman?
8. In what way have common household items become weapons of violence?
9. Why and how does Bonnie question her choice of a husband?
10. What surprising news does Bonnie hear from Pete and how does it change the dynamic of her marriage?
This section contains 1,208 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)