|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What food product is on Skink's list that he wants Bonnie to deliver?
(a) Black olives.
(c) Green olives.
2. How does Ira Jackson get Avila's address from the clerk?
(a) He took it when the clerk left his desk.
(b) He grabbed it from the clerk's hand.
(c) He threatened to hurt the clerk's family.
(d) The clerk gave it to him.
3. To whose attention is Max Lamb's case finally drawn?
(a) Jim Tile.
(b) The FBI.
(c) News reporters.
(d) Max's parents.
4. Towards the end of Chapter 7, Skink gives Max a long shock. What makes him so angry at Max?
(a) Max tries to escape.
(b) Max cries about his lack of clothing.
(c) Max does not know the answers to questions about Florida.
(d) Max tries to hit Skink.
5. At the beginning of Chapter 6, what does Skink allow Max to do that he has not allowed before?
(a) Ask three questions.
(b) Go home.
(c) Take off the shock collar.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Edie annoyed with the insurance man when he returns the next night in Chapter 11?
2. What do Edie and Snapper bring with them to Tony's house?
3. Where does Augustine take Bonnie for the night after their search for Max fails?
4. Why are Jack and Drake stuck on US 1?
5. What does Skink smoke?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is the character of Avila brought further to light by showing his bad character traits?
2. How do Bonnie's responses to Augustine show that she has feelings for her husband and an understanding of who he is?
3. Though Ira Jackson has every right to want justice for his mother's death, his sense of justice is twisted. Why is Ira's idea of justice wrong and how is his execution of it immoral?
4. In what way is Edie shown as a round character?
5. How does the way in which Tony treats Edie in Chapter 6 make the ending of the chapter more satisfactory to the reader?
6. Why and how does Bonnie question her choice of a husband?
7. How is Edie a resourceful woman?
8. How does the political system ruin Clinton Tyree?
9. How does Edie and Snapper's plan surprise the reader now that it is revealed in their conversation with Tony in Chapter 4?
10. Though the reader never really meets Avila, much can be said about his character through indirect characterization. What type of character is he?
This section contains 1,290 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)