|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tony ask Edie and Snapper to do after he discovers their scam?
(a) He asks them to give him a piece of their claim.
(b) He asks them to sue his neighbor instead.
(c) He asks them to leave.
(d) He asks them to come inside his house.
2. What is the boy doing when Max videotapes him?
(a) He is playing with a monkey?
(b) He is pulling his bike out of a tree.
(c) He is crying.
(d) He is looking through the debris in his house.
3. Why does Snapper want to siphon the gas from the car?
(a) To run the refrigerator.
(b) To keep anyone from using the car.
(c) To watch TV.
(d) To turn on the lights.
4. What does Snapper walk away with after meeting Mrs. Whitmark?
(a) $7,000 cash.
(c) A roofing contract.
(d) Dog bites.
5. What does Snapper tell Edie to do with the dachshunds after they meet up again outside of Tony's in Chapter 7?
(a) Give them back to Ira.
(b) Give them to Tony.
(c) Take them home with her.
(d) Let them go.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Augustine do after he hears Max on the answering machine?
2. Where is Tony sitting when Snapper and Edie arrive back at his house the next day?
3. How does Edie get her dress?
4. At the beginning of Chapter 6, what does Skink allow Max to do that he has not allowed before?
5. What do Edie and Snapper bring with them to Tony's house?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Snapper become the criminal that he is?
2. Suspense builds throughout Chapter 2. How does the author build that suspense?
3. How does the weather create conflict in Chapter 1?
4. How does Edie and Snapper's plan surprise the reader now that it is revealed in their conversation with Tony in Chapter 4?
5. How does Jim Tile come to bring the news to Bonnie that Skink has abducted Max?
6. What surprising news does Bonnie hear from Pete and how does it change the dynamic of her marriage?
7. How is the relationship between Augustine and Bonnie progressing after Max has been gone for a couple of days?
8. How has Skink become even more frightening as a character in Chapter 9?
9. How does Chapter 8 show that what "goes around, comes around" in the case of Gil Peck?
10. How is Max possibly misreading Skink?
This section contains 1,382 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)