|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Bonnie view the kidnapper?
(a) As a killer.
(b) As a psychopath.
(c) As someone she must figure out.
(d) As a man who will demand ransom.
2. What does Tony ask Edie and Snapper to do after he discovers their scam?
(a) He asks them to sue his neighbor instead.
(b) He asks them to leave.
(c) He asks them to give him a piece of their claim.
(d) He asks them to come inside his house.
3. After the storm, why don't Edie and Sapper go to the original house they had found that morning?
(a) The house was destroyed.
(b) The neighborhood was so destroyed that they could not find it.
(c) They wanted a bigger house.
(d) They wanted to choose a house that lost its roof.
4. Why does Edie call Tony "a regular Nostrodamus"?
(a) Tony intuitively knows the insurance salesman is on his way.
(b) Tony states that he knew they would come back.
(c) Tony knows his wife won't show up.
(d) Tony predicted the hurricane.
5. How does Max and Bonnie originally meet?
(a) Through their careers.
(b) At Disney.
(c) In Greenwich Village.
(d) On a boat.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the police officer pull Snapper over in Chapter 11?
2. What does Tony propose as a new deal for Snapper?
3. How is the one-eyed man torturing Max?
4. When Augustine visits his father in jail, what does his father want Augustine to do for him?
5. Why is Jim Tile glad to be in South Florida?
Short Essay Questions
1. Though the reader never really meets Avila, much can be said about his character through indirect characterization. What type of character is he?
2. How is Edie a resourceful woman?
3. In what way is Edie shown as a round character?
4. Skink is an astute man. What has he figured out about Bonnie's feelings that she may not quite know yet or perhaps not acknowledge yet?
5. What does Max learn about the legal system in Miami?
6. How has Skink become even more frightening as a character in Chapter 9?
7. How does Edie and Snapper's plan surprise the reader now that it is revealed in their conversation with Tony in Chapter 4?
8. Though shown as a kidnapper and torturer, Skink appears to be an ethical man. How so?
9. The plot thickens as the reader discovers the depth that Edie and Snapper will go to in order to make money. What is their plan and how do they execute it?
10. What insight does Augustine have concerning Skink that Max does not?
This section contains 1,297 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)