|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bonnie learn from the little boy with the bike?
(a) Max walks away with the one-eyed man.
(b) Max is still videotaping.
(c) Max is hurt by a falling board.
(d) Max is chasing a monkey.
2. At the beginning of Chapter 6, what does Skink allow Max to do that he has not allowed before?
(a) Go home.
(b) Take off the shock collar.
(c) Ask three questions.
3. Where does Max call when Skink gives him the cell phone to call Bonnie?
(a) He calls the highway patrol.
(b) He calls his parents.
(c) He calls their apartment in New York.
(d) He calls Bonnie's cell phone.
4. What is the tie between the three sets of characters met in Chapter 1?
(a) The hurricane.
(c) Disney World.
(d) Peabody Hotel.
5. What does Skink do every time Max asks him if Skink is going to shoot him?
(a) Skink raises the gun to Max's head.
(b) Skink shocks him with the collar.
(c) Skink throws water on him.
(d) Skink kicks him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesn't Edie's plan concerning the Kennedys' work?
2. What does Tony propose as a new deal for Snapper?
3. Why is the trooper sent to Miami?
4. What is Max going to do with the videotapes?
5. What surprising information does Bonnie learn from Pete in Chapter 8?
Short Essay Questions
1. What emotions do Augustine and Bonnie feel after their night together? Why do they feel the way they do for each emotion?
2. How does Snapper become the criminal that he is?
3. In what way is it correct that Jim Tile worries about Skink?
4. The plot thickens as the reader discovers the depth that Edie and Snapper will go to in order to make money. What is their plan and how do they execute it?
5. How does Chapter 8 show that what "goes around, comes around" in the case of Gil Peck?
6. Why does Skink get in the car with Snapper and take Bonnie along with him?
7. What conversation do Bonnie and Augustine share that makes it seem as though the two are becoming close?
8. How is the character of Avila brought further to light by showing his bad character traits?
9. Why don't Skink and Augustine storm Tony's house now that they have found it?
10. How do Bonnie's responses to Augustine show that she has feelings for her husband and an understanding of who he is?
This section contains 1,306 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)