|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many corpses does Bonnie have to look at in the morgue?
2. How does Snapper get his nickname?
(a) He snapped a man's neck once.
(b) His jaw was completely broken.
(c) It was the name of his childhood dog.
(d) He kept snapper turtles.
3. How does Ira Jackson get Avila's address from the clerk?
(a) He threatened to hurt the clerk's family.
(b) He grabbed it from the clerk's hand.
(c) He took it when the clerk left his desk.
(d) The clerk gave it to him.
4. What does Snapper tell Edie to do with the dachshunds after they meet up again outside of Tony's in Chapter 7?
(a) Give them to Tony.
(b) Let them go.
(c) Give them back to Ira.
(d) Take them home with her.
5. Why does Bonnie stop looking for Max?
(a) She becomes lost.
(b) She meets Augustine.
(c) She gets hit in the head with a board.
(d) She is too angry to look further.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the one-eyed man angry with Jack and Webo?
2. How much money does Tony offer Edie and Snapper?
3. Why does Edie call Tony "a regular Nostrodamus"?
4. What does Tony make Snapper and Edie explain to him once he brings them in the house?
5. How does Bonnie view the kidnapper?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why and how does Bonnie question her choice of a husband?
2. How does Chapter 8 show that what "goes around, comes around" in the case of Gil Peck?
3. What does Jim Tile reveal that adds to the dimension of Skink's character?
4. What kind of a character is Augustine? Please support your answer with evidence from the book.
5. How is the relationship between Augustine and Bonnie progressing after Max has been gone for a couple of days?
6. Though the reader never really meets Avila, much can be said about his character through indirect characterization. What type of character is he?
7. In what way is it correct that Jim Tile worries about Skink?
8. How does the structure of Chapter 1 differ from a standard novel?
9. Even though the author introduces new characters, he continues to tie in the ones that the reader has already met. How are the characters intertwining in Chapter 3?
10. What surprising news does Bonnie hear from Pete and how does it change the dynamic of her marriage?
This section contains 1,298 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)