|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Brenda and Jim meet?
(a) At a police seminar.
(b) At a trial.
(c) At the bridge after the hurricane.
(d) At an insurance conference.
2. Why is Gil Peck in Florida?
(a) He is an insurance man.
(b) He is a friend of Snapper's.
(c) He wants to scam for money and goods.
(d) He is part of FEMA.
3. How does Tony prove Edie is not paralyzed?
(a) He shines a flashlight in her face.
(b) He calls the police.
(c) He pushes her arm with the shotgun.
(d) He drops a branch on her leg.
4. What strange items are people using as weapons as Jim discovered?
(a) Tree branches.
(c) Chain saws and power tools.
5. Why is Tony sitting with a shotgun on his lap?
(a) He is protecting himself from his customers.
(b) He is protecting himself from Edie and Snapper.
(c) He is protecting himself from Max and Bonnie.
(d) He is protecting himself from looters.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the kids want who drive up behind Snapper and follow him for a bit?
2. What is Edie's second plan?
3. How does Snapper feel when he sees that Tony is gone and the damage the cinder block did?
4. Why does Max chase a monkey?
5. What do Edie and Snapper bring with them to Tony's house?
Short Essay Questions
1. What kind of a character is Augustine? Please support your answer with evidence from the book.
2. What misconceptions is Max beginning to believe about Skink in Chapter 6?
3. How does the way in which Tony treats Edie in Chapter 6 make the ending of the chapter more satisfactory to the reader?
4. How is the relationship between Augustine and Bonnie progressing after Max has been gone for a couple of days?
5. Why and how does Bonnie question her choice of a husband?
6. The plot thickens as the reader discovers the depth that Edie and Snapper will go to in order to make money. What is their plan and how do they execute it?
7. Bonnie wonders at the end of the Chapter 11 if Max is different now. How is he different?
8. How is Max possibly misreading Skink?
9. How does Jim Tile come to bring the news to Bonnie that Skink has abducted Max?
10. Though Ira Jackson has every right to want justice for his mother's death, his sense of justice is twisted. Why is Ira's idea of justice wrong and how is his execution of it immoral?
This section contains 1,323 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)