|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are Jack and Drake stuck on US 1?
(a) The hurricane has hit the Keys.
(b) The car is broken down.
(c) Everyone is evacuating the Keys because of the hurricane.
(d) Some crazy man has stopped them.
2. In Chapter 9, what becomes of the dachshunds?
(a) They run away.
(b) They are eaten by a bear.
(c) They are gone from their leashes and collars.
(d) Ira Jackson takes them back.
3. What does Bonnie learn from the little boy with the bike?
(a) Max is still videotaping.
(b) Max walks away with the one-eyed man.
(c) Max is chasing a monkey.
(d) Max is hurt by a falling board.
4. What does Tony propose to Edie as a new deal?
(a) Edie will compensate Tony for her scam.
(b) Edie should become Tony's maid.
(c) Edie will pose as his wife for the insurance company.
(d) Edie should choose a new victim.
5. Why is Gil Peck in Florida?
(a) He is part of FEMA.
(b) He is a friend of Snapper's.
(c) He is an insurance man.
(d) He wants to scam for money and goods.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Clinton Tyree's nickname?
2. What does Gil Peck find attached to the satellite dish?
3. Where is Tony sitting when Snapper and Edie arrive back at his house the next day?
4. What does Skink make Max do to support the products he advertises?
5. After the morgue, in what state does Bonnie find her car rental?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jim Tile reveal that adds to the dimension of Skink's character?
2. What kind of a character is Augustine? Please support your answer with evidence from the book.
3. How has Skink become even more frightening as a character in Chapter 9?
4. Suspense builds throughout Chapter 2. How does the author build that suspense?
5. How does Jim Tile come to bring the news to Bonnie that Skink has abducted Max?
6. What does the reader learn of Augustine's background that leads to him being a more dynamic character?
7. How is the character of Avila brought further to light by showing his bad character traits?
8. Even though the author introduces new characters, he continues to tie in the ones that the reader has already met. How are the characters intertwining in Chapter 3?
9. How does the political system ruin Clinton Tyree?
10. How does the weather create conflict in Chapter 1?
This section contains 1,441 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)