|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Max asks Skink in Chapter 6 what will happen to him next, what does Skink respond?
(a) They will hunt for monkeys.
(b) The two of them will travel together.
(c) Skink will take Max back to the rental car.
(d) Max will fly back to New York.
2. How does Snapper get his nickname?
(a) He snapped a man's neck once.
(b) His jaw was completely broken.
(c) It was the name of his childhood dog.
(d) He kept snapper turtles.
3. What organization was Snapper's parents involved in when he was young?
(a) The Peace Corps.
(c) The Ku Klux Klan.
(d) The Black Panthers
4. How does Jim know that Skink has Max?
(a) He gets a phone call from Skink.
(b) Bonnie gets a phone call from Max.
(c) Jim sees them together.
(d) He recognizes his voice on the tape.
5. What strange items are people using as weapons as Jim discovered?
(a) Chain saws and power tools.
(c) Tree branches.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Augustine do after he hears Max on the answering machine?
2. What does Tony make Snapper and Edie explain to him once he brings them in the house?
3. What does Snapper walk away with after meeting Mrs. Whitmark?
4. Why does Bonnie's mother dislike Max?
5. After talking to Peter in Chapter 6, where does Bonnie ask Augustine to take her?
Short Essay Questions
1. Bonnie wonders at the end of the Chapter 11 if Max is different now. How is he different?
2. How is Edie a resourceful woman?
3. How do the characters introduced in Chapter 1 differ from each other?
4. What insight does Augustine have concerning Skink that Max does not?
5. Even though the author introduces new characters, he continues to tie in the ones that the reader has already met. How are the characters intertwining in Chapter 3?
6. What does Jim Tile reveal that adds to the dimension of Skink's character?
7. How does Chapter 8 show that what "goes around, comes around" in the case of Gil Peck?
8. How is the character of Avila brought further to light by showing his bad character traits?
9. The plot thickens as the reader discovers the depth that Edie and Snapper will go to in order to make money. What is their plan and how do they execute it?
10. How is the author being satirical in the characterization of Tony Torres?
This section contains 1,307 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)