|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the morgue, in what state does Bonnie find her car rental?
(a) In the same state that they had left it.
(c) The radio had been stolen.
(d) It was on its rims with the hood open.
2. What surprising information does Bonnie learn from Pete in Chapter 8?
(a) Max talked to Pete without mentioning Bonnie.
(b) Max told Pete he quit his job.
(c) Max told Pete there were marital problems--not an abduction.
(d) Max told Pete he was on an adventure.
3. What does Snapper tell Edie to do with the dachshunds after they meet up again outside of Tony's in Chapter 7?
(a) Take them home with her.
(b) Give them back to Ira.
(c) Let them go.
(d) Give them to Tony.
4. What organization was Snapper's parents involved in when he was young?
(b) The Black Panthers
(c) The Peace Corps.
(d) The Ku Klux Klan.
5. Why does Bonnie Lamb call Peter Archibald?
(a) To give Peter an update on Max's disappearance.
(b) To give Peter work-related instructions from Max.
(c) To see if Peter has heard from Max.
(d) To tell Peter that Max is resigning.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the boy doing when Max videotapes him?
2. Why does Edie want to find a Kennedy?
3. Why is Edie annoyed with the insurance man when he returns the next night in Chapter 11?
4. In Chapter 9, what becomes of the dachshunds?
5. Why is Augustine's father in jail?
Short Essay Questions
1. Though shown as a kidnapper and torturer, Skink appears to be an ethical man. How so?
2. How does Chapter 8 show that what "goes around, comes around" in the case of Gil Peck?
3. For whom does the story end well?
4. How has Skink become even more frightening as a character in Chapter 9?
5. What conversation do Bonnie and Augustine share that makes it seem as though the two are becoming close?
6. What has happened in New York concerning Max's career that enables the reader to see the strong side of Max?
7. How does Bonnie react to Max now that he has been found?
8. Though Ira Jackson has every right to be angry over the death of his mother, he is no saint himself and perhaps should not be judging Tony so harshly. What indicators has the author given the reader to show that Jackson is not an upstanding character?
9. What kind of a character is Augustine? Please support your answer with evidence from the book.
10. How might Neria have been a good match for Tony?
This section contains 1,404 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)