|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 8 what does Augustine tell Bonnie that the surgical intern he dated had tried to do to him?
(a) MInimize a scar.
(b) Sew up a wound.
(c) Take his blood.
(d) Cut out his kidney.
2. How does Edie's scam get noticed by the insurance man?
(a) She tries to seduce him.
(b) He finds a wedding picture of Tony and Neria.
(c) Edie answers a question wrong about the house.
(d) He can tell she is lying.
3. What is Snapper's part in the roof scam with Avila?
(a) To watch for government officials.
(b) To get the contract.
(c) To hand up the tiles to the other men.
(d) To lay the tar.
4. What food product is on Skink's list that he wants Bonnie to deliver?
(a) Black olives.
(b) Green olives.
5. Who is the man who shows up at Tony's with the two dachshunds?
(a) Ira Jackson.
(b) A gang member.
(c) The insurance man.
(d) A policeman.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the man with the dachshunds tell Edie to do?
2. What does Tony ask Edie and Snapper to do after he discovers their scam?
3. How does Jim know that Skink has Max?
4. What does Skink pop into his mouth while in the U-Haul in Chapter 11?
5. What does Tony propose as a new deal for Snapper?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the characters introduced in Chapter 1 differ from each other?
2. What misconceptions is Max beginning to believe about Skink in Chapter 6?
3. How does Jim Tile come to bring the news to Bonnie that Skink has abducted Max?
4. How do Bonnie's responses to Augustine show that she has feelings for her husband and an understanding of who he is?
5. How does Snapper become the criminal that he is?
6. Even though the author introduces new characters, he continues to tie in the ones that the reader has already met. How are the characters intertwining in Chapter 3?
7. How is the author being satirical in the characterization of Tony Torres?
8. How is Max possibly misreading Skink?
9. In what way is it correct that Jim Tile worries about Skink?
10. Though the reader never really meets Avila, much can be said about his character through indirect characterization. What type of character is he?
This section contains 1,161 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)