|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the beginning of Chapter 6, what does Skink allow Max to do that he has not allowed before?
(b) Ask three questions.
(c) Take off the shock collar.
(d) Go home.
2. What is the tie between the three sets of characters met in Chapter 1?
(a) The hurricane.
(b) Disney World.
(d) Peabody Hotel.
3. How does Augustine make his money?
(a) He owns a zoo.
(b) He sells imported animals.
(c) Through an insurance claim.
(d) He works on a boat.
4. How does Edie's scam get noticed by the insurance man?
(a) He can tell she is lying.
(b) She tries to seduce him.
(c) Edie answers a question wrong about the house.
(d) He finds a wedding picture of Tony and Neria.
5. How does Tony prove Edie is not paralyzed?
(a) He shines a flashlight in her face.
(b) He calls the police.
(c) He pushes her arm with the shotgun.
(d) He drops a branch on her leg.
Short Answer Questions
1. With what does Augustine juggle?
2. What does Snapper do to Edie in the driveway?
3. What strange items are people using as weapons as Jim discovered?
4. Where do Edie and Snapper wait out the storm?
5. How does Bonnie view the kidnapper?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Chapter 8 show that what "goes around, comes around" in the case of Gil Peck?
2. Though Ira Jackson has every right to want justice for his mother's death, his sense of justice is twisted. Why is Ira's idea of justice wrong and how is his execution of it immoral?
3. In what way have common household items become weapons of violence?
4. How is the character of Avila brought further to light by showing his bad character traits?
5. What does the reader learn of Augustine's background that leads to him being a more dynamic character?
6. How does Jim Tile come to bring the news to Bonnie that Skink has abducted Max?
7. How does the weather create conflict in Chapter 1?
8. How do the characters introduced in Chapter 1 differ from each other?
9. How is Max possibly misreading Skink?
10. What kind of a character is Augustine? Please support your answer with evidence from the book.
This section contains 1,371 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)