|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the man who shows up at Tony's with the two dachshunds?
(a) The insurance man.
(b) A policeman.
(c) Ira Jackson.
(d) A gang member.
2. Where do Edie and Snapper wait out the storm?
(a) In the car.
(b) In a Best Western.
(c) In the house they found that morning.
(d) In Orlando.
3. What does Skink make Max do to support the products he advertises?
(a) He makes Max drink lots of beer.
(b) He makes Max smoke many cigarettes.
(c) He makes him eat a carton of eggs.
(d) He makes Max eat tons of cereal.
4. What is Snapper's part in the roof scam with Avila?
(a) To lay the tar.
(b) To hand up the tiles to the other men.
(c) To watch for government officials.
(d) To get the contract.
5. Why have Edie and Snapper chosen a house in a neighborhood that the hurricane hit?
(a) To seek out victims.
(b) To rescue animals.
(c) To steal whatever they can find.
(d) To make a fraudulent insurance claim.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Tony prove Edie is not paralyzed?
2. Why does Bonnie's mother dislike Max?
3. Why does Ira blame himself for his mother's death?
4. When Max asks Skink in Chapter 6 what will happen to him next, what does Skink respond?
5. What is the boy doing when Max videotapes him?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what way is Edie shown as a round character?
2. How is Max possibly misreading Skink?
3. What misconceptions is Max beginning to believe about Skink in Chapter 6?
4. What surprising news does Bonnie hear from Pete and how does it change the dynamic of her marriage?
5. What does the reader learn of Augustine's background that leads to him being a more dynamic character?
6. How does the way in which Tony treats Edie in Chapter 6 make the ending of the chapter more satisfactory to the reader?
7. How is Edie a resourceful woman?
8. How is the relationship between Augustine and Bonnie progressing after Max has been gone for a couple of days?
9. How does Jim Tile come to bring the news to Bonnie that Skink has abducted Max?
10. What conversation do Bonnie and Augustine share that makes it seem as though the two are becoming close?
This section contains 1,353 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)