|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After talking to Peter in Chapter 6, where does Bonnie ask Augustine to take her?
(a) To the FBI headquarters.
(b) Back to Orlando.
(c) Back to the rental car.
(d) To the morgue.
2. Who is the man who shows up at Tony's with the two dachshunds?
(a) A gang member.
(b) A policeman.
(c) The insurance man.
(d) Ira Jackson.
3. Why does Max chase a monkey?
(a) It runs off with his wallet.
(b) It runs off with his camera.
(c) He wants to kill it.
(d) He wants to help it.
4. Why does Bonnie stop looking for Max?
(a) She meets Augustine.
(b) She gets hit in the head with a board.
(c) She is too angry to look further.
(d) She becomes lost.
5. What does the man with the two dachshunds throw at Tony?
(a) A dachshund.
(b) A cinder block.
(c) A Remington.
(d) A piece of a trailer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Edie's second plan?
2. Why is Augustine's father in jail?
3. Why does Snapper call Avila?
4. In Chapter 8 what does Augustine tell Bonnie that the surgical intern he dated had tried to do to him?
5. Why is the one-eyed man angry with Jack and Webo?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the way in which Tony treats Edie in Chapter 6 make the ending of the chapter more satisfactory to the reader?
2. How does the weather create conflict in Chapter 1?
3. How is the character of Avila brought further to light by showing his bad character traits?
4. What insight does Augustine have concerning Skink that Max does not?
5. The plot thickens as the reader discovers the depth that Edie and Snapper will go to in order to make money. What is their plan and how do they execute it?
6. What does the reader learn of Augustine's background that leads to him being a more dynamic character?
7. In what way is it correct that Jim Tile worries about Skink?
8. How is the relationship between Augustine and Bonnie progressing after Max has been gone for a couple of days?
9. What surprising news does Bonnie hear from Pete and how does it change the dynamic of her marriage?
10. What kind of a character is Augustine? Please support your answer with evidence from the book.
This section contains 1,398 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)