|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Bonnie stop looking for Max?
(a) She meets Augustine.
(b) She gets hit in the head with a board.
(c) She is too angry to look further.
(d) She becomes lost.
2. In Chapter 8 what does Augustine tell Bonnie that the surgical intern he dated had tried to do to him?
(a) Take his blood.
(b) MInimize a scar.
(c) Sew up a wound.
(d) Cut out his kidney.
3. Where is Tony sitting when Snapper and Edie arrive back at his house the next day?
(a) In the living room.
(b) On the driveway.
(c) In a lounge chair on the front lawn.
(d) On the front porch in a rocking chair.
4. What does Skink pop into his mouth while in the U-Haul in Chapter 11?
(a) A lit cigarette.
(c) A scorpion.
(d) A nut.
5. What does Snapper walk away with after meeting Mrs. Whitmark?
(b) Dog bites.
(c) $7,000 cash.
(d) A roofing contract.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Snapper call Avila?
2. What does Bonnie think after Max goes into a family's home to take pictures of the devastation?
3. What does Skink smoke?
4. What do Edie and Snapper bring with them to Tony's house?
5. Why does the patrol officers go to the Card Sound Bridge?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is the character of Avila brought further to light by showing his bad character traits?
2. Though the reader never really meets Avila, much can be said about his character through indirect characterization. What type of character is he?
3. How does Snapper become the criminal that he is?
4. What kind of a character is Augustine? Please support your answer with evidence from the book.
5. What conversation do Bonnie and Augustine share that makes it seem as though the two are becoming close?
6. How does the weather create conflict in Chapter 1?
7. Though Ira Jackson has every right to be angry over the death of his mother, he is no saint himself and perhaps should not be judging Tony so harshly. What indicators has the author given the reader to show that Jackson is not an upstanding character?
8. How does the way in which Tony treats Edie in Chapter 6 make the ending of the chapter more satisfactory to the reader?
9. What misconceptions is Max beginning to believe about Skink in Chapter 6?
10. In what way is Edie shown as a round character?
This section contains 1,147 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)