|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Snapper beat Bonnie with?
(a) The butt of a gun.
(b) His fists.
(c) The Club.
(d) A torch.
2. What does Max want to see happen to Skink?
(a) He wants Skink to help find the man who beat Brenda.
(b) He wants him to go to jail.
(c) He wants to set him free.
(d) He wants to kill him.
3. What does Augustine tell Skink about how he views the way he feels about Bonnie?
(a) Augustine wants Bonnie to divorce Max.
(b) Augustine thinks he is better for Bonnie than Max is.
(c) Augustine in proud of himself.
(d) Augustine is upset with himself because Bonnie is a newlywed.
4. Why do Neria and the professor take Celeste along with them to Florida?
(a) Celeste owns a car; they do not.
(b) Celeste helps Neria with her fear of flying.
(c) Celeste has money; they do not.
(d) Celeste has family in Florida.
5. How does Bonnie feel about going back to New York with Max?
(a) She is excited to leave.
(b) She does not want to go.
(c) She tells him that she wants to stay in Florida for good.
(d) She does not feel well enough to go.
6. Why couldn't Jim catch the Jeep of Snapper's that he was following?
(a) A group of monkeys stop traffic.
(b) Because of a slow moving family in a station wagon.
(c) The roads are flooded.
(d) His car breaks down.
7. Why is Edie still afraid to cross Snapper when they are in the truck riding out of Miami?
(a) He still has three bullets.
(b) He still has the crowbar.
(c) He will kill the dogs.
(d) He will kill Dennis, the insurance man.
8. How does Edie open a bank account in Neria's name?
(a) She gets Fred to open the account.
(b) She has Neria's identification.
(c) She cries that her identification was lost.
(d) She causes a commotion with the dogs.
9. Who does Edie mistake Levon for in Chapter 19?
(a) A lawyer.
(b) A thug.
(c) A cop.
(d) The insurance man.
10. What does Skink do with the money before he leaves Snapper for good?
(a) He throws it in the lake.
(b) He gives it to Bonnie.
(c) He burns it.
(d) He pees on it.
11. What saves Jim's life?
(a) A bullet-proof vest.
(b) Snapper's bad aim.
(c) A misfire in the gun.
(d) A raccoon.
12. What has Skink discovered about Bonnie in Chapter 14?
(a) She wants Skink in jail.
(b) She hates her husband.
(c) She has a desire for Skink.
(d) She is in love with Augustine.
13. How does Snapper and Edie get Levon out of the house?
(a) They carry his dead body.
(b) With a gun in his side.
(c) Quietly out the back door.
(d) Rolled up in drapes.
14. Where does Avila come up with the money for Whitmark?
(a) He steals it from his wife.
(b) He kills Snapper for it.
(c) He digs up his brother-in-law's cash.
(d) He finds Snapper and takes it.
15. Which two men have a brawl in the parking lot of the Paradise Palms?
(a) Augustine and Snapper.
(b) Avila and Snapper.
(c) Snapper and Skink.
(d) Jim and Snapper.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Neria calls Tony's neighbor, Mr. Varga, where does he suggest that Tony may be?
2. What does Skink bring Augustine and Bonnie for breakfast?
3. How is Avila saved from the crucifixion?
4. What offer does Skink make to Jim?
5. What does Snapper do to Levon when he shows up at Tony's to kill Tony?
This section contains 636 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)