|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Neria calls Tony's neighbor, Mr. Varga, where does he suggest that Tony may be?
(a) Hiding out because of a threat of investigation of the trailers.
(b) He has run away.
(c) Hiding out because his noisy family had come to stay.
(d) Hiding out because of death threats.
2. What does Avila take away with him after he releases himself from the tree?
(a) Duct tape.
(b) A bone from Ira's body.
(c) A chicken.
(d) The lion's bones.
3. Who comes to Augustine's and visits with Max after Max's return from Guadalajara?
(a) Augustine's ex-girlfriend.
(c) An FBI agent.
(d) Jim Tile.
4. What does Snapper steal from Brenda?
(a) Her wallet.
(b) Her mother's wedding ring.
(c) Her car.
(d) Her necklace.
5. How does Avila get hurt in Chapter 18?
(a) His wife beat him.
(c) A goat pierced him.
(d) A lion bit him.
6. What does Edie request of Bridget when she is preparing for the insurance man to come to Tony's house?
(a) To take Snapper away with her.
(b) To leave early the next morning.
(c) To walk the dogs.
(d) To buy vodka.
7. Why does Max run from Clyde's hospital room?
(a) Clyde coughs up part of his lung.
(b) Clyde tries to burn Max with a cigarette.
(c) Clyde is screaming at Max.
(d) Clyde threatens to fire Max.
8. What does Skink pull out of his pockets and line up at his feet when the boat approaches?
9. Why do Neria and the professor take Celeste along with them to Florida?
(a) Celeste owns a car; they do not.
(b) Celeste has money; they do not.
(c) Celeste helps Neria with her fear of flying.
(d) Celeste has family in Florida.
10. What has Skink discovered about Bonnie in Chapter 14?
(a) She is in love with Augustine.
(b) She hates her husband.
(c) She wants Skink in jail.
(d) She has a desire for Skink.
11. Why doesn't Jim take Edie to jail?
(a) He can't prove that she has broken the law.
(b) Augustine asks him not to.
(c) Skink asks him not to.
(d) He wants to find proof at Tony's first.
12. What does Avila need to do before he heads to The Keys?
(a) Find Tony's house.
(b) Talk to his wife.
(c) Fix his car.
(d) Sacrifice to the Chango.
13. What does Skink bring Augustine and Bonnie for breakfast?
(d) Squirrel and rabbit.
14. By what mode of transportation do Max and Skink make their way to the meeting place of Bonnie?
(c) By skiff.
15. How does Ira get Avila to take a ride with him?
(a) Ira threatens Avila's family.
(b) Ira tells Avila about a place where sacrificing is done.
(c) Ira offers him fifteen thousand dollars plus for a new roof.
(d) Ira has Avila's wife tell him to go.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Ira respond to Avila when Avila pleads for his life at the end of Chapter 15?
2. What does Skink do with the money before he leaves Snapper for good?
3. What does Skink bring out of the bush for Bonnie and Augustine to eat?
4. Where does Avila come up with the money for Whitmark?
5. What surprise does Fred have for Edie concerning their insurance claim?
This section contains 608 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)