|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Augustine tell Skink about how he views the way he feels about Bonnie?
(a) Augustine thinks he is better for Bonnie than Max is.
(b) Augustine wants Bonnie to divorce Max.
(c) Augustine in proud of himself.
(d) Augustine is upset with himself because Bonnie is a newlywed.
2. What does Bonnie ask Augustine to do at the end of Chapter 31?
(a) Send her back to New York.
(b) Marry her.
(c) Help her find Skink.
(d) Tie her to the bridge.
3. Why do Neria and the professor take Celeste along with them to Florida?
(a) Celeste has family in Florida.
(b) Celeste has money; they do not.
(c) Celeste owns a car; they do not.
(d) Celeste helps Neria with her fear of flying.
4. Who steals the license plate from the family's Camaro?
5. What is Fred's news about his company when he gets back to Tony's?
(a) They won't pay the claim.
(b) The company has shut its doors.
(c) His boss is coming to check on the claim.
(d) They already cut the check.
6. Who calls Tony's house in Chapter 15?
(b) Neria, Tony's wife.
(d) Jim Tile.
7. Who does Max wind up giving a ride to when he is returns with Jim from The Keys?
8. How does Ira get Avila to take a ride with him?
(a) Ira threatens Avila's family.
(b) Ira has Avila's wife tell him to go.
(c) Ira tells Avila about a place where sacrificing is done.
(d) Ira offers him fifteen thousand dollars plus for a new roof.
9. How does Bonnie feel about going back to New York with Max?
(a) She is excited to leave.
(b) She does not feel well enough to go.
(c) She does not want to go.
(d) She tells him that she wants to stay in Florida for good.
10. Why does Max doubt that Bonnie is cheating on him?
(a) She wouldn't want another man.
(b) Because of her religion.
(c) She hates lunatics and outlaws.
(d) She is afraid of sexual disease.
11. Where does Avila come up with the money for Whitmark?
(a) He digs up his brother-in-law's cash.
(b) He kills Snapper for it.
(c) He finds Snapper and takes it.
(d) He steals it from his wife.
12. What offer does Skink make to Jim?
(a) He will run and hide.
(b) He will apologize to Max and Bonnie.
(c) He will never hurt anyone again.
(d) He will find the man who beat Brenda.
13. How does Avila find Snapper in Chapter 19?
(a) Avila roams the streets looking for Snapper.
(b) Avila knows about Tony's place.
(c) Through a prostitute.
(d) Avila runs into Edie.
14. Why couldn't Jim catch the Jeep of Snapper's that he was following?
(a) Because of a slow moving family in a station wagon.
(b) His car breaks down.
(c) The roads are flooded.
(d) A group of monkeys stop traffic.
15. Why doesn't Jim take Edie to jail?
(a) He can't prove that she has broken the law.
(b) Augustine asks him not to.
(c) Skink asks him not to.
(d) He wants to find proof at Tony's first.
Short Answer Questions
1. What saves Jim's life?
2. What does Skink bring out of the bush for Bonnie and Augustine to eat?
3. How does Edie open a bank account in Neria's name?
4. What does Neria wish for Celeste's life?
5. What does Snapper do to Levon when he shows up at Tony's to kill Tony?
This section contains 596 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)