|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why couldn't Jim catch the Jeep of Snapper's that he was following?
(a) His car breaks down.
(b) The roads are flooded.
(c) A group of monkeys stop traffic.
(d) Because of a slow moving family in a station wagon.
2. What does Augustine encourage Bonnie to do when they are out in the open fields?
(a) Go on an adventure with Skink.
(b) Go away somewhere alone to think.
(c) Stay with him.
(d) Go home to Max.
3. How does Edie open a bank account in Neria's name?
(a) She gets Fred to open the account.
(b) She cries that her identification was lost.
(c) She causes a commotion with the dogs.
(d) She has Neria's identification.
4. Why does Max doubt that Bonnie is cheating on him?
(a) She is afraid of sexual disease.
(b) She wouldn't want another man.
(c) She hates lunatics and outlaws.
(d) Because of her religion.
5. How does Avila get hurt in Chapter 18?
(a) A lion bit him.
(b) A goat pierced him.
(c) His wife beat him.
6. Why is Edie still afraid to cross Snapper when they are in the truck riding out of Miami?
(a) He still has three bullets.
(b) He will kill the dogs.
(c) He will kill Dennis, the insurance man.
(d) He still has the crowbar.
7. What does Snapper do to his partner in crime, Sunny Shea?
(a) He shoots him but doesn't kill him.
(b) He shoots and kills him.
(c) He steals from Sunny.
(d) He turns Sunny over to the police.
8. How does Keith Higstrom die?
(a) A tree falls on him.
(b) Boating accident.
(c) A bull impales him.
(d) The hurricane kills him.
9. What does Jim tell Brenda that he has done when she wakes up in Chapter 21?
(a) He killed the man who hurt her.
(b) About Skink getting revenge.
(c) He turned the man who hurt her over to the police.
(d) That he has found the man who hurt her.
10. How does Snapper and Edie get Levon out of the house?
(a) They carry his dead body.
(b) Quietly out the back door.
(c) Rolled up in drapes.
(d) With a gun in his side.
11. Surprisingly, what is Keith Higstrom not good at doing?
(c) Using a hunting rifle.
(d) Water skiing.
12. What does Fred do with the two dachshunds?
(a) He leaves them in Tony's house.
(b) He takes them back to his motel.
(c) He takes them for a walk and rechains them.
(d) He sets them free.
13. What does Skink pull out of his pockets and line up at his feet when the boat approaches?
14. What does Skink bring Augustine and Bonnie for breakfast?
(a) Squirrel and rabbit.
15. What offer does Skink make to Jim?
(a) He will never hurt anyone again.
(b) He will find the man who beat Brenda.
(c) He will apologize to Max and Bonnie.
(d) He will run and hide.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who calls Tony's house in Chapter 15?
2. Why does Max run from Clyde's hospital room?
3. What saves Jim's life?
4. Who steals the license plate from the family's Camaro?
5. What is Fred's news about his company when he gets back to Tony's?
This section contains 561 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)