|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Avila find Snapper in Chapter 19?
(a) Avila runs into Edie.
(b) Avila knows about Tony's place.
(c) Avila roams the streets looking for Snapper.
(d) Through a prostitute.
2. How does Snapper and Edie get Levon out of the house?
(a) Rolled up in drapes.
(b) With a gun in his side.
(c) They carry his dead body.
(d) Quietly out the back door.
3. Besides Augustine, who arrives at the motel Paradise Palms before Snapper?
(a) Jim Tile.
(c) More prostitutes.
(d) The police.
4. What does Max want to see happen to Skink?
(a) He wants Skink to help find the man who beat Brenda.
(b) He wants to set him free.
(c) He wants to kill him.
(d) He wants him to go to jail.
5. Who does Edie mistake Levon for in Chapter 19?
(a) The insurance man.
(b) A lawyer.
(c) A cop.
(d) A thug.
6. Who does Augustine find when he gets back to Calusa Drive after getting the guns?
(d) No one.
7. Where does Augustine wind up at the end of Chapter 24?
(a) In the Jeep with Snapper.
(c) At Tony's house.
(d) Paradise Palms in The Keys.
8. How does Ira get Avila to take a ride with him?
(a) Ira has Avila's wife tell him to go.
(b) Ira threatens Avila's family.
(c) Ira offers him fifteen thousand dollars plus for a new roof.
(d) Ira tells Avila about a place where sacrificing is done.
9. What does Augustine tell Skink about how he views the way he feels about Bonnie?
(a) Augustine thinks he is better for Bonnie than Max is.
(b) Augustine is upset with himself because Bonnie is a newlywed.
(c) Augustine in proud of himself.
(d) Augustine wants Bonnie to divorce Max.
10. What does Skink pull out of his pockets and line up at his feet when the boat approaches?
11. What does Snapper do to Levon when he shows up at Tony's to kill Tony?
(a) Gives him Bridget.
(b) Offers him a deal.
(c) Punches him into unconsciousness.
(d) Makes him coffee.
12. What does Skink finally do with the scorpion?
(a) Places it in the 18th hole cup on the mayor's favorite golf course.
(b) He sets it free in the woods.
(c) He eats it.
(d) He makes Max eat it.
13. What is Snapper's injury from Edie?
(a) His right arm is messed up.
(b) His back is messed up.
(c) His jaw is messed up.
(d) His right leg is messed up.
14. How does Keith Higstrom die?
(a) Boating accident.
(b) The hurricane kills him.
(c) A tree falls on him.
(d) A bull impales him.
15. Why does Max run from Clyde's hospital room?
(a) Clyde threatens to fire Max.
(b) Clyde coughs up part of his lung.
(c) Clyde tries to burn Max with a cigarette.
(d) Clyde is screaming at Max.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Fred's news about his company when he gets back to Tony's?
2. What offer does Skink make to Jim?
3. What does Skink do with the money before he leaves Snapper for good?
4. How does Bonnie feel about going back to New York with Max?
5. How is Avila saved from the crucifixion?
This section contains 612 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)