|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Edie and Snapper bring with them to Tony's house?
(a) A generator.
(c) Food and drink.
(d) A gun.
2. After the storm, why don't Edie and Sapper go to the original house they had found that morning?
(a) The house was destroyed.
(b) The neighborhood was so destroyed that they could not find it.
(c) They wanted a bigger house.
(d) They wanted to choose a house that lost its roof.
3. Why is Max at the bottom of the list of missing persons?
(a) Wayward tourists are not a priority.
(b) He is not known to be hurt.
(c) He is not a victim of the hurricane.
(d) Videotapers are not a priority.
4. What does Augustine do to the drunk construction worker?
(a) Augustine shoots him.
(b) Augustine hits his car.
(c) Augustine punches him.
(d) Augustine shoots him with a tranquilizer dart.
5. What does the old man neighbor of Mrs. Jackson want to do to Tony?
(a) Show Tony his ruined trailer.
(b) Take him out to dinner.
(c) Thank him.
(d) Kill him.
6. How does Tony prove Edie is not paralyzed?
(a) He drops a branch on her leg.
(b) He calls the police.
(c) He shines a flashlight in her face.
(d) He pushes her arm with the shotgun.
7. Why is the one-eyed man angry with Jack and Webo?
(a) They have thrown cans into the water.
(b) They ran over a squirrel.
(c) They have stopped their car on the highway.
(d) They threw beer cans out the window of the car.
8. Why is Augustine's father in jail?
(a) He killed someone.
(b) Domestic violence.
(c) He was a thief.
(d) He was a drug runner.
9. Whose body is in the morgue?
10. What is Edie's second plan?
(a) To go to Disney with Snapper.
(b) To rob the Peabody Hotel.
(c) To scam Bonnie and Max.
(d) To break into a house that will be hit by the hurricane.
11. Why does Bonnie wake up screaming?
(a) There is a monkey in the room with her.
(b) She has found herself in Augustine's bed.
(c) She is worried for Max.
(d) She sees the human skull display.
12. Why does Bonnie Lamb call Peter Archibald?
(a) To give Peter an update on Max's disappearance.
(b) To tell Peter that Max is resigning.
(c) To see if Peter has heard from Max.
(d) To give Peter work-related instructions from Max.
13. What does Bonnie think after Max goes into a family's home to take pictures of the devastation?
(a) She questions her choice of a husband.
(b) She thinks Max is adventurous.
(c) She thinks Max is brave.
(d) She thinks her mother would be proud.
14. Why does Snapper want to siphon the gas from the car?
(a) To watch TV.
(b) To run the refrigerator.
(c) To keep anyone from using the car.
(d) To turn on the lights.
15. What does Tony ask Edie and Snapper to do after he discovers their scam?
(a) He asks them to come inside his house.
(b) He asks them to leave.
(c) He asks them to sue his neighbor instead.
(d) He asks them to give him a piece of their claim.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tony propose to Edie as a new deal?
2. What does Gil Peck find attached to the satellite dish?
3. What happens on Edie's date with Kennedy?
4. What surprising information does Bonnie learn from Pete in Chapter 8?
5. Why is Gil Peck in Florida?
This section contains 637 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)