|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What strange items are people using as weapons as Jim discovered?
(c) Chain saws and power tools.
(d) Tree branches.
2. How does Skink respond when Max asks him if he is ever letting Max go?
(a) Skink wants to meet Bonnie.
(b) Skink won't ever let him go.
(c) Skink will let him go when he understands a lesson.
(d) Skink plans on killing him.
3. What does Gil Peck find attached to the satellite dish?
(a) A woman with a Cartier watch.
(b) Tony's body.
(c) Two dachshunds.
(d) Max's body.
4. Where does Augustine take Bonnie for the night after their search for Max fails?
(a) His home.
(b) A shelter.
(c) The police station.
(d) A motel.
5. What does Skink smoke?
6. What does Skink give as the reason that he abducted Max?
(a) Skink had no particular reason for choosing Max.
(b) Skink saw Max abuse the little boy with the bike.
(c) Max made a "splendid target" as a tourist with a video camera.
(d) Max was physically small.
7. Why is the one-eyed man angry with Jack and Webo?
(a) They have stopped their car on the highway.
(b) They have thrown cans into the water.
(c) They ran over a squirrel.
(d) They threw beer cans out the window of the car.
8. Who helps Bonnie after she gets hit in the head?
(a) The boy with the bike.
(b) Tony Torres.
(d) The police.
9. Why are Max and Bonnie in Orlando?
(a) To set up a scam.
(b) To celebrate their graduation.
(c) For their honeymoon.
(d) To visit friends.
10. Why is Edie annoyed with the insurance man when he returns the next night in Chapter 11?
(a) He drinks all of the wine.
(b) He won't get her a hotel room.
(c) He is acting as though they have a romance going on.
(d) He answers the door when someone knocks.
11. What does Tony ask Edie and Snapper to do after he discovers their scam?
(a) He asks them to come inside his house.
(b) He asks them to leave.
(c) He asks them to sue his neighbor instead.
(d) He asks them to give him a piece of their claim.
12. After talking to Peter in Chapter 6, where does Bonnie ask Augustine to take her?
(a) To the FBI headquarters.
(b) To the morgue.
(c) Back to the rental car.
(d) Back to Orlando.
13. Why is Jim Tile glad to be in South Florida?
(a) He wants to find his friend, Skink.
(b) He is curious about hurricanes.
(c) It makes him feel warm-hearted to help others.
(d) He wants to be able to see Brenda, his girlfriend.
14. Who do Bonnie and Augustine meet at the morgue in Chapter 10?
(c) Jim Tile.
15. What surprising information does Bonnie learn from Pete in Chapter 8?
(a) Max told Pete there were marital problems--not an abduction.
(b) Max told Pete he quit his job.
(c) Max talked to Pete without mentioning Bonnie.
(d) Max told Pete he was on an adventure.
Short Answer Questions
1. What organization was Snapper's parents involved in when he was young?
2. What is Snapper's part in the roof scam with Avila?
3. How many corpses does Bonnie have to look at in the morgue?
4. What is the old man in search of at Beatrice Jackson's home?
5. What does Tony propose to Edie as a new deal?
This section contains 590 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)