|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tony propose as a new deal for Snapper?
(a) Snapper will shoot Edie.
(b) Tony will shoot Snapper.
(c) Snapper will be Tony's bodyguard.
(d) Snapper will kill Tony's wife.
2. Why does the patrol officers go to the Card Sound Bridge?
(a) Five people have called in a jumper.
(b) A rope is hanging from it.
(c) Cars are stuck on it.
(d) The bridge has collapsed.
3. How does Augustine make his money?
(a) He works on a boat.
(b) He owns a zoo.
(c) Through an insurance claim.
(d) He sells imported animals.
4. What is Snapper's part in the roof scam with Avila?
(a) To watch for government officials.
(b) To lay the tar.
(c) To get the contract.
(d) To hand up the tiles to the other men.
5. What does Skink do every time Max asks him if Skink is going to shoot him?
(a) Skink raises the gun to Max's head.
(b) Skink shocks him with the collar.
(c) Skink kicks him.
(d) Skink throws water on him.
6. Where is Tony sitting when Snapper and Edie arrive back at his house the next day?
(a) On the driveway.
(b) In the living room.
(c) On the front porch in a rocking chair.
(d) In a lounge chair on the front lawn.
7. Why has the one-eyed man kidnapped Max?
(a) He wants Max's money.
(b) He wants Max's camera.
(c) Max was mistreating the monkey.
(d) Max was throwing trash in the water.
8. What does Bonnie attempt to do after Augustine insults Max?
(a) She attempts to leave.
(b) She throws coffee at him.
(c) She agrees with him.
(d) She tries to smack him.
9. Why is Max at the bottom of the list of missing persons?
(a) Wayward tourists are not a priority.
(b) He is not known to be hurt.
(c) He is not a victim of the hurricane.
(d) Videotapers are not a priority.
10. How does Snapper get his nickname?
(a) It was the name of his childhood dog.
(b) He snapped a man's neck once.
(c) His jaw was completely broken.
(d) He kept snapper turtles.
11. How does Bonnie view the kidnapper?
(a) As a man who will demand ransom.
(b) As a psychopath.
(c) As a killer.
(d) As someone she must figure out.
12. To whose attention is Max Lamb's case finally drawn?
(a) Jim Tile.
(b) News reporters.
(c) The FBI.
(d) Max's parents.
13. Who do Bonnie and Augustine meet at the morgue in Chapter 10?
(c) Jim Tile.
14. What do the kids want who drive up behind Snapper and follow him for a bit?
(a) They want to see if he has a gun.
(b) They want to beat him.
(c) They want to rob him.
(d) They want directions.
15. Why does Bonnie stop looking for Max?
(a) She becomes lost.
(b) She meets Augustine.
(c) She gets hit in the head with a board.
(d) She is too angry to look further.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is the one-eyed man torturing Max?
2. Who is Snapper?
3. What does Skink pop into his mouth while in the U-Haul in Chapter 11?
4. What/Who attacks Max's face?
5. Why is Edie annoyed with the insurance man when he returns the next night in Chapter 11?
This section contains 572 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)