|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gil Peck find attached to the satellite dish?
(a) Two dachshunds.
(b) Max's body.
(c) Tony's body.
(d) A woman with a Cartier watch.
2. Where do Edie and Snapper wait out the storm?
(a) In the house they found that morning.
(b) In Orlando.
(c) In the car.
(d) In a Best Western.
3. What does Skink give as the reason that he abducted Max?
(a) Max made a "splendid target" as a tourist with a video camera.
(b) Skink had no particular reason for choosing Max.
(c) Skink saw Max abuse the little boy with the bike.
(d) Max was physically small.
4. Why doesn't Edie's plan concerning the Kennedys' work?
(a) She never meets a Kennedy.
(b) She gets arrested.
(c) They know she is a scam artist.
(d) They leave Palm Beach for the summer.
5. What is the tie between the three sets of characters met in Chapter 1?
(a) Disney World.
(b) Peabody Hotel.
(c) The hurricane.
6. Why does Bonnie's mother dislike Max?
(a) He does not work hard enough.
(b) He treats Bonnie badly.
(c) He is too goal driven.
(d) He is crazy.
7. What food product is on Skink's list that he wants Bonnie to deliver?
(c) Green olives.
(d) Black olives.
8. What does Snapper tell Edie to do with the dachshunds after they meet up again outside of Tony's in Chapter 7?
(a) Take them home with her.
(b) Give them to Tony.
(c) Let them go.
(d) Give them back to Ira.
9. What does Tony ask Edie and Snapper to do after he discovers their scam?
(a) He asks them to leave.
(b) He asks them to sue his neighbor instead.
(c) He asks them to give him a piece of their claim.
(d) He asks them to come inside his house.
10. What does Snapper do to Edie in the driveway?
(a) He covers her with roof trusses.
(b) He runs her over with the car.
(c) He cuts her arm with a nail.
(d) He kisses her.
11. Why have Edie and Snapper chosen a house in a neighborhood that the hurricane hit?
(a) To seek out victims.
(b) To steal whatever they can find.
(c) To rescue animals.
(d) To make a fraudulent insurance claim.
12. What happens on Edie's date with Kennedy?
(a) They fall in love.
(b) They have a fight.
(c) They have sex.
(d) He does not want her physically.
13. How does Augustine make his money?
(a) He owns a zoo.
(b) Through an insurance claim.
(c) He works on a boat.
(d) He sells imported animals.
14. What does Augustine do after he hears Max on the answering machine?
(a) He calls the FBI.
(b) He tells Bonnie to forget Max.
(c) He tells Bonnie that Max has made the whole thing up.
(d) He calls the police.
15. What happens to Bonnie's purse?
(a) Looters rip it from her hands.
(b) It is stolen from the trunk of the car.
(c) The monkey runs off with it.
(d) Augustine locks it in his truck.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who do Bonnie and Augustine meet at the morgue in Chapter 10?
2. Why is the one-eyed man angry with Jack and Webo?
3. How does Ira Jackson get Avila's address from the clerk?
4. Why is Edie annoyed with the insurance man when he returns the next night in Chapter 11?
5. What does the old man neighbor of Mrs. Jackson want to do to Tony?
This section contains 620 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)