|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tony make Snapper and Edie explain to him once he brings them in the house?
(a) How their scam was supposed to work.
(b) How they came up with their idea.
(c) Where they came from.
(d) Why they chose his house.
2. Where do Edie and Snapper wait out the storm?
(a) In Orlando.
(b) In the house they found that morning.
(c) In a Best Western.
(d) In the car.
3. What does Tony propose as a new deal for Snapper?
(a) Snapper will be Tony's bodyguard.
(b) Snapper will shoot Edie.
(c) Snapper will kill Tony's wife.
(d) Tony will shoot Snapper.
4. Why is the one-eyed man angry with Jack and Webo?
(a) They have thrown cans into the water.
(b) They ran over a squirrel.
(c) They have stopped their car on the highway.
(d) They threw beer cans out the window of the car.
5. What does Snapper do to Edie in the driveway?
(a) He kisses her.
(b) He cuts her arm with a nail.
(c) He runs her over with the car.
(d) He covers her with roof trusses.
6. What is Snapper's part in the roof scam with Avila?
(a) To lay the tar.
(b) To get the contract.
(c) To hand up the tiles to the other men.
(d) To watch for government officials.
7. Who is Snapper?
(a) The one-eyed man on the bridge.
(b) A criminal who hooks up with Bonnie and Max.
(c) A friend of Jack and Webo's.
(d) A criminal who hooks up with Edie.
8. In Chapter 9, what becomes of the dachshunds?
(a) They are gone from their leashes and collars.
(b) They are eaten by a bear.
(c) Ira Jackson takes them back.
(d) They run away.
9. What does Skink pop into his mouth while in the U-Haul in Chapter 11?
(b) A nut.
(c) A lit cigarette.
(d) A scorpion.
10. What happens to Bonnie's purse?
(a) It is stolen from the trunk of the car.
(b) Augustine locks it in his truck.
(c) Looters rip it from her hands.
(d) The monkey runs off with it.
11. How does Tony prove Edie is not paralyzed?
(a) He calls the police.
(b) He shines a flashlight in her face.
(c) He drops a branch on her leg.
(d) He pushes her arm with the shotgun.
12. Where does Max call when Skink gives him the cell phone to call Bonnie?
(a) He calls the highway patrol.
(b) He calls Bonnie's cell phone.
(c) He calls their apartment in New York.
(d) He calls his parents.
13. Why has the one-eyed man kidnapped Max?
(a) Max was throwing trash in the water.
(b) He wants Max's money.
(c) Max was mistreating the monkey.
(d) He wants Max's camera.
14. What is Max's tone in Chapter 7 when he calls and leaves a message for the second time?
(a) He sounds less frightened.
(b) He is worried about Bonnie.
(c) He sounds more frightened.
(d) He is nervous he will lose his job.
15. How does Augustine make his money?
(a) He works on a boat.
(b) He sells imported animals.
(c) Through an insurance claim.
(d) He owns a zoo.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the man who shows up at Tony's with the two dachshunds?
2. At the beginning of Chapter 6, what does Skink allow Max to do that he has not allowed before?
3. What surprising fact does the reader learn about Skink from Jim?
4. What does Skink make Max do to support the products he advertises?
5. Where does Max want to visit on the second day of their trip to Orlando?
This section contains 615 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)