|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What organization was Snapper's parents involved in when he was young?
(a) The Black Panthers
(c) The Peace Corps.
(d) The Ku Klux Klan.
2. What do the kids want who drive up behind Snapper and follow him for a bit?
(a) They want to rob him.
(b) They want directions.
(c) They want to see if he has a gun.
(d) They want to beat him.
3. What does Tony propose as a new deal for Snapper?
(a) Snapper will be Tony's bodyguard.
(b) Snapper will shoot Edie.
(c) Snapper will kill Tony's wife.
(d) Tony will shoot Snapper.
4. What does Snapper do to Edie in the driveway?
(a) He cuts her arm with a nail.
(b) He runs her over with the car.
(c) He kisses her.
(d) He covers her with roof trusses.
5. What does Snapper do to the female police officer who pulled him over?
(a) He shoots her.
(b) He tries to seduce her.
(c) He knocks her out.
(d) He speeds away from her.
6. Why are Jack and Drake stuck on US 1?
(a) Everyone is evacuating the Keys because of the hurricane.
(b) Some crazy man has stopped them.
(c) The hurricane has hit the Keys.
(d) The car is broken down.
7. What does Augustine do after he hears Max on the answering machine?
(a) He tells Bonnie that Max has made the whole thing up.
(b) He calls the police.
(c) He calls the FBI.
(d) He tells Bonnie to forget Max.
8. What is Max going to do with the videotapes?
(a) Make a movie.
(b) Make a scrapbook.
(c) Sell them to the highest bidder.
(d) Sell them to C-Span.
9. How does Skink respond when Max asks him if he is ever letting Max go?
(a) Skink plans on killing him.
(b) Skink won't ever let him go.
(c) Skink will let him go when he understands a lesson.
(d) Skink wants to meet Bonnie.
10. Why have Edie and Snapper chosen a house in a neighborhood that the hurricane hit?
(a) To steal whatever they can find.
(b) To seek out victims.
(c) To make a fraudulent insurance claim.
(d) To rescue animals.
11. How does Jim know that Skink has Max?
(a) Bonnie gets a phone call from Max.
(b) He recognizes his voice on the tape.
(c) Jim sees them together.
(d) He gets a phone call from Skink.
12. Why does the police officer pull Snapper over in Chapter 11?
(a) He is speeding.
(b) He runs a red light.
(c) She knows the car is stolen.
(d) His back light is out.
13. Why does Edie want to find a Kennedy?
(a) She is hoping to marry a Kennedy.
(b) She is a big fan.
(c) To scam them out of money.
(d) She wants to meet someone famous.
14. Where do Edie and Snapper wait out the storm?
(a) In the car.
(b) In the house they found that morning.
(c) In Orlando.
(d) In a Best Western.
15. What surprising information does Bonnie learn from Pete in Chapter 8?
(a) Max talked to Pete without mentioning Bonnie.
(b) Max told Pete there were marital problems--not an abduction.
(c) Max told Pete he was on an adventure.
(d) Max told Pete he quit his job.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Snapper call Avila?
2. Where does Max want to visit on the second day of their trip to Orlando?
3. What does Skink smoke?
4. What does Skink give as the reason that he abducted Max?
5. What does Bonnie think after Max goes into a family's home to take pictures of the devastation?
This section contains 639 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)