|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Augustine's father in jail?
(a) He was a drug runner.
(b) He was a thief.
(c) Domestic violence.
(d) He killed someone.
2. Why does the police officer pull Snapper over in Chapter 11?
(a) His back light is out.
(b) He is speeding.
(c) She knows the car is stolen.
(d) He runs a red light.
3. What does Snapper walk away with after meeting Mrs. Whitmark?
(a) $7,000 cash.
(c) A roofing contract.
(d) Dog bites.
4. Why is Gil Peck in Florida?
(a) He is an insurance man.
(b) He is part of FEMA.
(c) He wants to scam for money and goods.
(d) He is a friend of Snapper's.
5. What is the tie between the three sets of characters met in Chapter 1?
(a) Peabody Hotel.
(c) The hurricane.
(d) Disney World.
6. What does Augustine do after he hears Max on the answering machine?
(a) He tells Bonnie that Max has made the whole thing up.
(b) He tells Bonnie to forget Max.
(c) He calls the police.
(d) He calls the FBI.
7. How does Tony prove Edie is not paralyzed?
(a) He shines a flashlight in her face.
(b) He calls the police.
(c) He pushes her arm with the shotgun.
(d) He drops a branch on her leg.
8. What is Max's tone in Chapter 7 when he calls and leaves a message for the second time?
(a) He is worried about Bonnie.
(b) He sounds less frightened.
(c) He is nervous he will lose his job.
(d) He sounds more frightened.
9. Why does Edie call Tony "a regular Nostrodamus"?
(a) Tony intuitively knows the insurance salesman is on his way.
(b) Tony predicted the hurricane.
(c) Tony states that he knew they would come back.
(d) Tony knows his wife won't show up.
10. What is Edie's second plan?
(a) To scam Bonnie and Max.
(b) To go to Disney with Snapper.
(c) To rob the Peabody Hotel.
(d) To break into a house that will be hit by the hurricane.
11. What do Edie and Snapper bring with them to Tony's house?
(a) Food and drink.
(c) A generator.
(d) A gun.
12. Where does Max call when Skink gives him the cell phone to call Bonnie?
(a) He calls their apartment in New York.
(b) He calls the highway patrol.
(c) He calls his parents.
(d) He calls Bonnie's cell phone.
13. Why does Bonnie stop looking for Max?
(a) She becomes lost.
(b) She meets Augustine.
(c) She gets hit in the head with a board.
(d) She is too angry to look further.
14. What is the setting of the first chapter?
(d) South Carolina.
15. Why does Snapper want to siphon the gas from the car?
(a) To keep anyone from using the car.
(b) To run the refrigerator.
(c) To watch TV.
(d) To turn on the lights.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Snapper get his nickname?
2. What does Bonnie attempt to do after Augustine insults Max?
3. What does Snapper do to the female police officer who pulled him over?
4. What organization was Snapper's parents involved in when he was young?
5. What does the man with the two dachshunds throw at Tony?
This section contains 553 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)