|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Edie annoyed with the insurance man when he returns the next night in Chapter 11?
(a) He won't get her a hotel room.
(b) He drinks all of the wine.
(c) He is acting as though they have a romance going on.
(d) He answers the door when someone knocks.
2. How does Edie's scam get noticed by the insurance man?
(a) Edie answers a question wrong about the house.
(b) She tries to seduce him.
(c) He finds a wedding picture of Tony and Neria.
(d) He can tell she is lying.
3. Who is the man who shows up at Tony's with the two dachshunds?
(a) Ira Jackson.
(b) A gang member.
(c) The insurance man.
(d) A policeman.
4. After the storm, why don't Edie and Sapper go to the original house they had found that morning?
(a) The neighborhood was so destroyed that they could not find it.
(b) They wanted to choose a house that lost its roof.
(c) They wanted a bigger house.
(d) The house was destroyed.
5. How does Snapper get his nickname?
(a) He kept snapper turtles.
(b) He snapped a man's neck once.
(c) It was the name of his childhood dog.
(d) His jaw was completely broken.
6. How does Snapper feel when he sees that Tony is gone and the damage the cinder block did?
(a) He is glad to be rid of Tony.
(b) He is mad at himself for ruining the money scheme.
(c) He is worried that Tony might be dead.
(d) He feels that he is a poor bodyguard.
7. Where does Max want to visit on the second day of their trip to Orlando?
(c) The Keys.
8. Why does Edie call Tony "a regular Nostrodamus"?
(a) Tony states that he knew they would come back.
(b) Tony predicted the hurricane.
(c) Tony intuitively knows the insurance salesman is on his way.
(d) Tony knows his wife won't show up.
9. How does Ira Jackson get Avila's address from the clerk?
(a) He took it when the clerk left his desk.
(b) The clerk gave it to him.
(c) He grabbed it from the clerk's hand.
(d) He threatened to hurt the clerk's family.
10. What does Tony propose as a new deal for Snapper?
(a) Snapper will shoot Edie.
(b) Snapper will kill Tony's wife.
(c) Tony will shoot Snapper.
(d) Snapper will be Tony's bodyguard.
11. Why does Bonnie's mother dislike Max?
(a) He does not work hard enough.
(b) He is crazy.
(c) He is too goal driven.
(d) He treats Bonnie badly.
12. How does Bonnie view the kidnapper?
(a) As a killer.
(b) As a psychopath.
(c) As someone she must figure out.
(d) As a man who will demand ransom.
13. How does Skink respond when Max asks him if he is ever letting Max go?
(a) Skink will let him go when he understands a lesson.
(b) Skink wants to meet Bonnie.
(c) Skink won't ever let him go.
(d) Skink plans on killing him.
14. Why are Jack and Drake stuck on US 1?
(a) Some crazy man has stopped them.
(b) The hurricane has hit the Keys.
(c) The car is broken down.
(d) Everyone is evacuating the Keys because of the hurricane.
15. What happens to the rope on the bridge at the end of Chapter 2?
(a) It has been cut.
(b) It has snapped in the storm.
(c) It still holds the one-eyed man.
(d) It has fallen into the water.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Tony sitting when Snapper and Edie arrive back at his house the next day?
2. Why does the patrol officers go to the Card Sound Bridge?
3. What does Skink make Max do to support the products he advertises?
4. How does Augustine come into all of his money?
5. What does Skink smoke?
This section contains 671 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)