|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Snapper?
(a) A friend of Jack and Webo's.
(b) A criminal who hooks up with Bonnie and Max.
(c) The one-eyed man on the bridge.
(d) A criminal who hooks up with Edie.
2. What does Augustine do to the drunk construction worker?
(a) Augustine shoots him.
(b) Augustine shoots him with a tranquilizer dart.
(c) Augustine punches him.
(d) Augustine hits his car.
3. What does Gil Peck find attached to the satellite dish?
(a) Two dachshunds.
(b) Tony's body.
(c) Max's body.
(d) A woman with a Cartier watch.
4. To whose attention is Max Lamb's case finally drawn?
(a) News reporters.
(b) Max's parents.
(c) Jim Tile.
(d) The FBI.
5. How does Edie's scam get noticed by the insurance man?
(a) She tries to seduce him.
(b) He can tell she is lying.
(c) He finds a wedding picture of Tony and Neria.
(d) Edie answers a question wrong about the house.
6. Why is the one-eyed man angry with Jack and Webo?
(a) They ran over a squirrel.
(b) They threw beer cans out the window of the car.
(c) They have thrown cans into the water.
(d) They have stopped their car on the highway.
7. What strange items are people using as weapons as Jim discovered?
(b) Chain saws and power tools.
(c) Tree branches.
8. What happens to Augustine's uncle?
(a) He dies of a fight with a bear.
(b) He dies of a snake bite.
(c) He leaves his home before the storm.
(d) He dies in the hurricane.
9. What does the old man neighbor of Mrs. Jackson want to do to Tony?
(a) Take him out to dinner.
(b) Kill him.
(c) Show Tony his ruined trailer.
(d) Thank him.
10. What do Edie and Snapper bring with them to Tony's house?
(a) A gun.
(b) A generator.
(c) Food and drink.
11. Why is Tony sitting with a shotgun on his lap?
(a) He is protecting himself from his customers.
(b) He is protecting himself from looters.
(c) He is protecting himself from Edie and Snapper.
(d) He is protecting himself from Max and Bonnie.
12. Why does Ira blame himself for his mother's death?
(a) He did not rescue her from the storm.
(b) He coaxed her to move to Florida.
(c) He didn't blame himself--only Tony.
(d) He believed Tony when he said the trailer would hold up under a hurricane.
13. Why is Edie annoyed with the insurance man when he returns the next night in Chapter 11?
(a) He is acting as though they have a romance going on.
(b) He answers the door when someone knocks.
(c) He drinks all of the wine.
(d) He won't get her a hotel room.
14. Where does Max want to visit on the second day of their trip to Orlando?
(a) The Keys.
15. What is the old man in search of at Beatrice Jackson's home?
(a) Beatrice's urn.
(b) Ira Jackson.
(c) Beatrice's dogs.
(d) His wife's blue urn.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the patrol officers go to the Card Sound Bridge?
2. What does the man with the two dachshunds throw at Tony?
3. Where does Max call when Skink gives him the cell phone to call Bonnie?
4. What is Edie's second plan?
5. What does Snapper do to the female police officer who pulled him over?
This section contains 597 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)