|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Skink give as the reason that he abducted Max?
(a) Skink saw Max abuse the little boy with the bike.
(b) Skink had no particular reason for choosing Max.
(c) Max made a "splendid target" as a tourist with a video camera.
(d) Max was physically small.
2. What surprising fact does the reader learn about Skink from Jim?
(a) He used to be the governor.
(b) He used to own an alligator business.
(c) He used to be a mercenary.
(d) He used to be a professional wrestler.
3. What does Skink pop into his mouth while in the U-Haul in Chapter 11?
(b) A lit cigarette.
(c) A scorpion.
(d) A nut.
4. What is the boy doing when Max videotapes him?
(a) He is looking through the debris in his house.
(b) He is crying.
(c) He is playing with a monkey?
(d) He is pulling his bike out of a tree.
5. Why does Edie want to find a Kennedy?
(a) She is a big fan.
(b) She wants to meet someone famous.
(c) She is hoping to marry a Kennedy.
(d) To scam them out of money.
6. After talking to Peter in Chapter 6, where does Bonnie ask Augustine to take her?
(a) To the morgue.
(b) To the FBI headquarters.
(c) Back to the rental car.
(d) Back to Orlando.
7. Why is the one-eyed man angry with Jack and Webo?
(a) They ran over a squirrel.
(b) They have stopped their car on the highway.
(c) They have thrown cans into the water.
(d) They threw beer cans out the window of the car.
8. How does Snapper feel when he sees that Tony is gone and the damage the cinder block did?
(a) He is mad at himself for ruining the money scheme.
(b) He is worried that Tony might be dead.
(c) He is glad to be rid of Tony.
(d) He feels that he is a poor bodyguard.
9. Why is Tony sitting with a shotgun on his lap?
(a) He is protecting himself from his customers.
(b) He is protecting himself from Max and Bonnie.
(c) He is protecting himself from looters.
(d) He is protecting himself from Edie and Snapper.
10. Why does Bonnie's mother dislike Max?
(a) He is crazy.
(b) He is too goal driven.
(c) He treats Bonnie badly.
(d) He does not work hard enough.
11. What is Max going to do with the videotapes?
(a) Make a movie.
(b) Sell them to the highest bidder.
(c) Make a scrapbook.
(d) Sell them to C-Span.
12. What food product is on Skink's list that he wants Bonnie to deliver?
(a) Green olives.
(b) Black olives.
13. Where is Tony sitting when Snapper and Edie arrive back at his house the next day?
(a) In a lounge chair on the front lawn.
(b) In the living room.
(c) On the front porch in a rocking chair.
(d) On the driveway.
14. What organization was Snapper's parents involved in when he was young?
(a) The Peace Corps.
(b) The Ku Klux Klan.
(c) The Black Panthers
15. What does Tony propose as a new deal for Snapper?
(a) Tony will shoot Snapper.
(b) Snapper will be Tony's bodyguard.
(c) Snapper will kill Tony's wife.
(d) Snapper will shoot Edie.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Bonnie wake up screaming?
2. At the end of Chapter 8, what happens to Gil Peck?
3. In Chapter 9, what becomes of the dachshunds?
4. What does Snapper do to Edie in the driveway?
5. What does Tony Torres do for a living?
This section contains 646 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)