|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Skink do every time Max asks him if Skink is going to shoot him?
(a) Skink shocks him with the collar.
(b) Skink kicks him.
(c) Skink throws water on him.
(d) Skink raises the gun to Max's head.
2. Who do Bonnie and Augustine meet at the morgue in Chapter 10?
(a) Jim Tile.
3. How does Edie's scam get noticed by the insurance man?
(a) She tries to seduce him.
(b) He can tell she is lying.
(c) He finds a wedding picture of Tony and Neria.
(d) Edie answers a question wrong about the house.
4. When Augustine visits his father in jail, what does his father want Augustine to do for him?
(a) Take a message to Augustine's mother.
(b) Find him a good lawyer.
(c) Help him escape.
(d) Finish a drug deal for him.
5. What happens to Augustine's uncle?
(a) He dies in the hurricane.
(b) He dies of a fight with a bear.
(c) He dies of a snake bite.
(d) He leaves his home before the storm.
6. What does Skink pop into his mouth while in the U-Haul in Chapter 11?
(a) A scorpion.
(b) A lit cigarette.
(c) A nut.
7. Why is Edie annoyed with the insurance man when he returns the next night in Chapter 11?
(a) He answers the door when someone knocks.
(b) He is acting as though they have a romance going on.
(c) He drinks all of the wine.
(d) He won't get her a hotel room.
8. Who is Snapper?
(a) A criminal who hooks up with Bonnie and Max.
(b) A friend of Jack and Webo's.
(c) A criminal who hooks up with Edie.
(d) The one-eyed man on the bridge.
9. With what does Augustine juggle?
(b) Lit torches.
(c) Human skulls.
10. What happens on Edie's date with Kennedy?
(a) They have a fight.
(b) They fall in love.
(c) He does not want her physically.
(d) They have sex.
11. Where does Max call when Skink gives him the cell phone to call Bonnie?
(a) He calls the highway patrol.
(b) He calls their apartment in New York.
(c) He calls his parents.
(d) He calls Bonnie's cell phone.
12. What does Tony ask Edie and Snapper to do after he discovers their scam?
(a) He asks them to leave.
(b) He asks them to come inside his house.
(c) He asks them to give him a piece of their claim.
(d) He asks them to sue his neighbor instead.
13. What strange items are people using as weapons as Jim discovered?
(b) Chain saws and power tools.
(c) Tree branches.
14. What is the setting of the first chapter?
(b) South Carolina.
15. What is Max's tone in Chapter 7 when he calls and leaves a message for the second time?
(a) He is nervous he will lose his job.
(b) He sounds less frightened.
(c) He is worried about Bonnie.
(d) He sounds more frightened.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Brenda and Jim meet?
2. Why does the police officer pull Snapper over in Chapter 11?
3. What do the kids want who drive up behind Snapper and follow him for a bit?
4. What does the man with the dachshunds tell Edie to do?
5. What does Tony Torres do for a living?
This section contains 587 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)