|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Snapper?
(a) A criminal who hooks up with Edie.
(b) A criminal who hooks up with Bonnie and Max.
(c) The one-eyed man on the bridge.
(d) A friend of Jack and Webo's.
2. Why is Edie annoyed with the insurance man when he returns the next night in Chapter 11?
(a) He answers the door when someone knocks.
(b) He drinks all of the wine.
(c) He won't get her a hotel room.
(d) He is acting as though they have a romance going on.
3. Why does Ira blame himself for his mother's death?
(a) He did not rescue her from the storm.
(b) He didn't blame himself--only Tony.
(c) He coaxed her to move to Florida.
(d) He believed Tony when he said the trailer would hold up under a hurricane.
4. What does Tony Torres do for a living?
(a) He sells manufactured homes.
(b) He is a police officer.
(c) He is an insurance salesman.
(d) He is an insurance claims representative.
5. Why have Edie and Snapper chosen a house in a neighborhood that the hurricane hit?
(a) To rescue animals.
(b) To seek out victims.
(c) To make a fraudulent insurance claim.
(d) To steal whatever they can find.
6. What does Skink pop into his mouth while in the U-Haul in Chapter 11?
(a) A lit cigarette.
(b) A nut.
(c) A scorpion.
7. What surprising information does Bonnie learn from Pete in Chapter 8?
(a) Max told Pete he quit his job.
(b) Max told Pete he was on an adventure.
(c) Max talked to Pete without mentioning Bonnie.
(d) Max told Pete there were marital problems--not an abduction.
8. Why is Max at the bottom of the list of missing persons?
(a) Wayward tourists are not a priority.
(b) He is not a victim of the hurricane.
(c) Videotapers are not a priority.
(d) He is not known to be hurt.
9. Why are Jack and Drake stuck on US 1?
(a) The hurricane has hit the Keys.
(b) The car is broken down.
(c) Some crazy man has stopped them.
(d) Everyone is evacuating the Keys because of the hurricane.
10. Why does Edie want to find a Kennedy?
(a) She is hoping to marry a Kennedy.
(b) She is a big fan.
(c) To scam them out of money.
(d) She wants to meet someone famous.
11. Why does Snapper call Avila?
(a) Snapper wants to be a building inspector.
(b) As a back up plan to the Tony plan.
(c) Snapper wants Avila to take Snapper's place in the Tony plan.
(d) Snapper wants to see if Avila wants in on the Tony plan.
12. What is the tie between the three sets of characters met in Chapter 1?
(a) The hurricane.
(b) Peabody Hotel.
(d) Disney World.
13. How much money does Tony offer Edie and Snapper?
(a) $5,000 each.
(b) $1,000 each.
(c) $10,000 each.
14. Towards the end of Chapter 7, Skink gives Max a long shock. What makes him so angry at Max?
(a) Max does not know the answers to questions about Florida.
(b) Max tries to escape.
(c) Max tries to hit Skink.
(d) Max cries about his lack of clothing.
15. Why does Bonnie's mother dislike Max?
(a) He does not work hard enough.
(b) He is crazy.
(c) He is too goal driven.
(d) He treats Bonnie badly.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Bonnie view the kidnapper?
2. What does Snapper walk away with after meeting Mrs. Whitmark?
3. Why is the trooper sent to Miami?
4. What does Tony propose as a new deal for Snapper?
5. Where do Edie and Snapper wait out the storm?
This section contains 616 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)