|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Snapper walk away with after meeting Mrs. Whitmark?
(a) Dog bites.
(c) A roofing contract.
(d) $7,000 cash.
2. What does Snapper do to the female police officer who pulled him over?
(a) He shoots her.
(b) He speeds away from her.
(c) He tries to seduce her.
(d) He knocks her out.
3. When Augustine visits his father in jail, what does his father want Augustine to do for him?
(a) Help him escape.
(b) Find him a good lawyer.
(c) Take a message to Augustine's mother.
(d) Finish a drug deal for him.
4. What/Who attacks Max's face?
(a) A monkey.
(b) A fallling tree limb.
(d) A boy.
5. What does Gil Peck find attached to the satellite dish?
(a) A woman with a Cartier watch.
(b) Tony's body.
(c) Two dachshunds.
(d) Max's body.
6. Why is the trooper sent to Miami?
(a) To rescue animals.
(b) To help clear traffic for the rescue convoys.
(c) To find hurricane victims.
(d) To patrol neighborhoods for looters.
7. What does Skink smoke?
8. Why does Edie call Tony "a regular Nostrodamus"?
(a) Tony intuitively knows the insurance salesman is on his way.
(b) Tony states that he knew they would come back.
(c) Tony knows his wife won't show up.
(d) Tony predicted the hurricane.
9. How does Edie's scam get noticed by the insurance man?
(a) She tries to seduce him.
(b) He can tell she is lying.
(c) He finds a wedding picture of Tony and Neria.
(d) Edie answers a question wrong about the house.
10. Why does Bonnie Lamb call Peter Archibald?
(a) To give Peter an update on Max's disappearance.
(b) To see if Peter has heard from Max.
(c) To give Peter work-related instructions from Max.
(d) To tell Peter that Max is resigning.
11. Why does the police officer pull Snapper over in Chapter 11?
(a) He runs a red light.
(b) His back light is out.
(c) She knows the car is stolen.
(d) He is speeding.
12. Why doesn't Edie's plan concerning the Kennedys' work?
(a) They know she is a scam artist.
(b) She gets arrested.
(c) She never meets a Kennedy.
(d) They leave Palm Beach for the summer.
13. Towards the end of Chapter 7, Skink gives Max a long shock. What makes him so angry at Max?
(a) Max tries to hit Skink.
(b) Max does not know the answers to questions about Florida.
(c) Max cries about his lack of clothing.
(d) Max tries to escape.
14. What does Augustine do to the drunk construction worker?
(a) Augustine punches him.
(b) Augustine hits his car.
(c) Augustine shoots him with a tranquilizer dart.
(d) Augustine shoots him.
15. Why is the one-eyed man angry with Jack and Webo?
(a) They threw beer cans out the window of the car.
(b) They have thrown cans into the water.
(c) They ran over a squirrel.
(d) They have stopped their car on the highway.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money does Tony offer Edie and Snapper?
2. What strange items are people using as weapons as Jim discovered?
3. After the morgue, in what state does Bonnie find her car rental?
4. Why does Ira blame himself for his mother's death?
5. Why have Edie and Snapper chosen a house in a neighborhood that the hurricane hit?
This section contains 583 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)