|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Tony prove Edie is not paralyzed?
(a) He drops a branch on her leg.
(b) He calls the police.
(c) He shines a flashlight in her face.
(d) He pushes her arm with the shotgun.
2. Why is Edie annoyed with the insurance man when he returns the next night in Chapter 11?
(a) He won't get her a hotel room.
(b) He drinks all of the wine.
(c) He is acting as though they have a romance going on.
(d) He answers the door when someone knocks.
3. Why does Ira blame himself for his mother's death?
(a) He didn't blame himself--only Tony.
(b) He believed Tony when he said the trailer would hold up under a hurricane.
(c) He coaxed her to move to Florida.
(d) He did not rescue her from the storm.
4. What does Snapper walk away with after meeting Mrs. Whitmark?
(a) A roofing contract.
(b) Dog bites.
(c) $7,000 cash.
5. Towards the end of Chapter 7, Skink gives Max a long shock. What makes him so angry at Max?
(a) Max tries to escape.
(b) Max does not know the answers to questions about Florida.
(c) Max cries about his lack of clothing.
(d) Max tries to hit Skink.
6. What does Snapper do to the female police officer who pulled him over?
(a) He tries to seduce her.
(b) He shoots her.
(c) He knocks her out.
(d) He speeds away from her.
7. What is the tie between the three sets of characters met in Chapter 1?
(a) Disney World.
(c) The hurricane.
(d) Peabody Hotel.
8. What does Snapper tell Edie to do with the dachshunds after they meet up again outside of Tony's in Chapter 7?
(a) Give them back to Ira.
(b) Let them go.
(c) Give them to Tony.
(d) Take them home with her.
9. Why does Bonnie stop looking for Max?
(a) She gets hit in the head with a board.
(b) She becomes lost.
(c) She is too angry to look further.
(d) She meets Augustine.
10. What/Who attacks Max's face?
(a) A fallling tree limb.
(b) A boy.
(c) A monkey.
11. How many corpses does Bonnie have to look at in the morgue?
12. Where is Tony sitting when Snapper and Edie arrive back at his house the next day?
(a) In the living room.
(b) On the driveway.
(c) On the front porch in a rocking chair.
(d) In a lounge chair on the front lawn.
13. What do the kids want who drive up behind Snapper and follow him for a bit?
(a) They want to see if he has a gun.
(b) They want to rob him.
(c) They want directions.
(d) They want to beat him.
14. In Chapter 9, what becomes of the dachshunds?
(a) Ira Jackson takes them back.
(b) They run away.
(c) They are gone from their leashes and collars.
(d) They are eaten by a bear.
15. What does Bonnie think after Max goes into a family's home to take pictures of the devastation?
(a) She thinks her mother would be proud.
(b) She thinks Max is brave.
(c) She thinks Max is adventurous.
(d) She questions her choice of a husband.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Skink give as the reason that he abducted Max?
2. What does the man with the two dachshunds throw at Tony?
3. Why does Snapper want to siphon the gas from the car?
4. What is Max's tone in Chapter 7 when he calls and leaves a message for the second time?
5. Why have Edie and Snapper chosen a house in a neighborhood that the hurricane hit?
This section contains 647 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)