|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bonnie think after Max goes into a family's home to take pictures of the devastation?
(a) She thinks Max is brave.
(b) She thinks her mother would be proud.
(c) She thinks Max is adventurous.
(d) She questions her choice of a husband.
2. In Chapter 8 what does Augustine tell Bonnie that the surgical intern he dated had tried to do to him?
(a) Cut out his kidney.
(b) Sew up a wound.
(c) MInimize a scar.
(d) Take his blood.
3. What happens to the rope on the bridge at the end of Chapter 2?
(a) It has snapped in the storm.
(b) It still holds the one-eyed man.
(c) It has fallen into the water.
(d) It has been cut.
4. Where does Edie say she is going to go with her seventy grand?
(b) Washington D.C.
(d) Hyannis Port.
5. With what does Augustine juggle?
(a) Lit torches.
(b) Human skulls.
6. What is Snapper's part in the roof scam with Avila?
(a) To hand up the tiles to the other men.
(b) To lay the tar.
(c) To get the contract.
(d) To watch for government officials.
7. Why doesn't Edie's plan concerning the Kennedys' work?
(a) They leave Palm Beach for the summer.
(b) They know she is a scam artist.
(c) She gets arrested.
(d) She never meets a Kennedy.
8. How does Tony prove Edie is not paralyzed?
(a) He calls the police.
(b) He drops a branch on her leg.
(c) He shines a flashlight in her face.
(d) He pushes her arm with the shotgun.
9. What does the man with the two dachshunds throw at Tony?
(a) A cinder block.
(b) A Remington.
(c) A piece of a trailer.
(d) A dachshund.
10. Why is Jim Tile glad to be in South Florida?
(a) He wants to find his friend, Skink.
(b) He is curious about hurricanes.
(c) It makes him feel warm-hearted to help others.
(d) He wants to be able to see Brenda, his girlfriend.
11. What does Tony make Snapper and Edie explain to him once he brings them in the house?
(a) How they came up with their idea.
(b) Where they came from.
(c) How their scam was supposed to work.
(d) Why they chose his house.
12. What does Snapper walk away with after meeting Mrs. Whitmark?
(a) Dog bites.
(b) $7,000 cash.
(c) A roofing contract.
13. What does Skink smoke?
14. What does Snapper tell Edie to do with the dachshunds after they meet up again outside of Tony's in Chapter 7?
(a) Take them home with her.
(b) Let them go.
(c) Give them to Tony.
(d) Give them back to Ira.
15. What does Skink give as the reason that he abducted Max?
(a) Max made a "splendid target" as a tourist with a video camera.
(b) Max was physically small.
(c) Skink saw Max abuse the little boy with the bike.
(d) Skink had no particular reason for choosing Max.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose body is in the morgue?
2. What does Bonnie attempt to do after Augustine insults Max?
3. What does Skink pop into his mouth while in the U-Haul in Chapter 11?
4. What strange items are people using as weapons as Jim discovered?
5. At the beginning of Chapter 6, what does Skink allow Max to do that he has not allowed before?
This section contains 553 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)