|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Max chase a monkey?
(a) He wants to kill it.
(b) It runs off with his wallet.
(c) It runs off with his camera.
(d) He wants to help it.
2. Why is Gil Peck in Florida?
(a) He is a friend of Snapper's.
(b) He wants to scam for money and goods.
(c) He is an insurance man.
(d) He is part of FEMA.
3. What does Tony ask Edie and Snapper to do after he discovers their scam?
(a) He asks them to come inside his house.
(b) He asks them to sue his neighbor instead.
(c) He asks them to leave.
(d) He asks them to give him a piece of their claim.
4. Why is Jim Tile glad to be in South Florida?
(a) He wants to find his friend, Skink.
(b) He wants to be able to see Brenda, his girlfriend.
(c) He is curious about hurricanes.
(d) It makes him feel warm-hearted to help others.
5. What happens on Edie's date with Kennedy?
(a) They have a fight.
(b) They fall in love.
(c) They have sex.
(d) He does not want her physically.
6. What does Skink give as the reason that he abducted Max?
(a) Max made a "splendid target" as a tourist with a video camera.
(b) Skink saw Max abuse the little boy with the bike.
(c) Max was physically small.
(d) Skink had no particular reason for choosing Max.
7. Why does Bonnie stop looking for Max?
(a) She is too angry to look further.
(b) She becomes lost.
(c) She meets Augustine.
(d) She gets hit in the head with a board.
8. What does Augustine do after he hears Max on the answering machine?
(a) He tells Bonnie to forget Max.
(b) He tells Bonnie that Max has made the whole thing up.
(c) He calls the FBI.
(d) He calls the police.
9. Where does Max call when Skink gives him the cell phone to call Bonnie?
(a) He calls the highway patrol.
(b) He calls his parents.
(c) He calls Bonnie's cell phone.
(d) He calls their apartment in New York.
10. How do Brenda and Jim meet?
(a) At a police seminar.
(b) At the bridge after the hurricane.
(c) At an insurance conference.
(d) At a trial.
11. What do Edie and Snapper bring with them to Tony's house?
(a) Food and drink.
(b) A gun.
(d) A generator.
12. Why is the trooper sent to Miami?
(a) To rescue animals.
(b) To help clear traffic for the rescue convoys.
(c) To patrol neighborhoods for looters.
(d) To find hurricane victims.
13. Who helps Bonnie after she gets hit in the head?
(b) The police.
(c) The boy with the bike.
(d) Tony Torres.
14. How much money does Tony offer Edie and Snapper?
(b) $1,000 each.
(c) $5,000 each.
(d) $10,000 each.
15. Why are Jack and Drake stuck on US 1?
(a) The hurricane has hit the Keys.
(b) Everyone is evacuating the Keys because of the hurricane.
(c) The car is broken down.
(d) Some crazy man has stopped them.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Snapper feel when he sees that Tony is gone and the damage the cinder block did?
2. Where is Tony sitting when Snapper and Edie arrive back at his house the next day?
3. How does Edie's scam get noticed by the insurance man?
4. What organization was Snapper's parents involved in when he was young?
5. What strange items are people using as weapons as Jim discovered?
This section contains 621 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)