|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Bonnie view the kidnapper?
(a) As a man who will demand ransom.
(b) As a psychopath.
(c) As someone she must figure out.
(d) As a killer.
2. Why doesn't Edie's plan concerning the Kennedys' work?
(a) She never meets a Kennedy.
(b) They know she is a scam artist.
(c) She gets arrested.
(d) They leave Palm Beach for the summer.
3. Why does Ira blame himself for his mother's death?
(a) He coaxed her to move to Florida.
(b) He didn't blame himself--only Tony.
(c) He did not rescue her from the storm.
(d) He believed Tony when he said the trailer would hold up under a hurricane.
4. What does Gil Peck find attached to the satellite dish?
(a) Max's body.
(b) Tony's body.
(c) Two dachshunds.
(d) A woman with a Cartier watch.
5. Why are Max and Bonnie in Orlando?
(a) To celebrate their graduation.
(b) To visit friends.
(c) For their honeymoon.
(d) To set up a scam.
6. What happens to the rope on the bridge at the end of Chapter 2?
(a) It has been cut.
(b) It has fallen into the water.
(c) It still holds the one-eyed man.
(d) It has snapped in the storm.
7. Why is the one-eyed man angry with Jack and Webo?
(a) They have stopped their car on the highway.
(b) They have thrown cans into the water.
(c) They threw beer cans out the window of the car.
(d) They ran over a squirrel.
8. How does Max and Bonnie originally meet?
(a) On a boat.
(b) Through their careers.
(c) In Greenwich Village.
(d) At Disney.
9. What does Snapper walk away with after meeting Mrs. Whitmark?
(a) A roofing contract.
(b) $7,000 cash.
(c) Dog bites.
10. What is Max's tone in Chapter 7 when he calls and leaves a message for the second time?
(a) He sounds less frightened.
(b) He is nervous he will lose his job.
(c) He sounds more frightened.
(d) He is worried about Bonnie.
11. Who helps Bonnie after she gets hit in the head?
(a) The boy with the bike.
(b) Tony Torres.
(c) The police.
12. At the end of Chapter 8, what happens to Gil Peck?
(a) He drives into a canal after being chased.
(b) He gets shot by a cop.
(c) He flips his truck over on the turnpike.
(d) He confesses to murder.
13. In Chapter 8 what does Augustine tell Bonnie that the surgical intern he dated had tried to do to him?
(a) Take his blood.
(b) Sew up a wound.
(c) Cut out his kidney.
(d) MInimize a scar.
14. Who is the man who shows up at Tony's with the two dachshunds?
(a) Ira Jackson.
(b) A gang member.
(c) The insurance man.
(d) A policeman.
15. After the morgue, in what state does Bonnie find her car rental?
(a) The radio had been stolen.
(b) It was on its rims with the hood open.
(d) In the same state that they had left it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Towards the end of Chapter 7, Skink gives Max a long shock. What makes him so angry at Max?
2. Why does Bonnie stop looking for Max?
3. What is the tie between the three sets of characters met in Chapter 1?
4. What does Augustine do to the drunk construction worker?
5. What do Edie and Snapper bring with them to Tony's house?
This section contains 576 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)