|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Bonnie view the kidnapper?
(a) As a man who will demand ransom.
(b) As a psychopath.
(c) As someone she must figure out.
(d) As a killer.
2. Why does Edie call Tony "a regular Nostrodamus"?
(a) Tony predicted the hurricane.
(b) Tony intuitively knows the insurance salesman is on his way.
(c) Tony states that he knew they would come back.
(d) Tony knows his wife won't show up.
3. What is Clinton Tyree's nickname?
4. What do the kids want who drive up behind Snapper and follow him for a bit?
(a) They want to see if he has a gun.
(b) They want to beat him.
(c) They want directions.
(d) They want to rob him.
5. What surprising information does Bonnie learn from Pete in Chapter 8?
(a) Max told Pete he quit his job.
(b) Max told Pete there were marital problems--not an abduction.
(c) Max told Pete he was on an adventure.
(d) Max talked to Pete without mentioning Bonnie.
6. To whose attention is Max Lamb's case finally drawn?
(a) Max's parents.
(b) News reporters.
(c) The FBI.
(d) Jim Tile.
7. What organization was Snapper's parents involved in when he was young?
(b) The Ku Klux Klan.
(c) The Black Panthers
(d) The Peace Corps.
8. What does Tony propose to Edie as a new deal?
(a) Edie should choose a new victim.
(b) Edie should become Tony's maid.
(c) Edie will compensate Tony for her scam.
(d) Edie will pose as his wife for the insurance company.
9. Why is Jim Tile glad to be in South Florida?
(a) He is curious about hurricanes.
(b) It makes him feel warm-hearted to help others.
(c) He wants to find his friend, Skink.
(d) He wants to be able to see Brenda, his girlfriend.
10. Who is Snapper?
(a) The one-eyed man on the bridge.
(b) A friend of Jack and Webo's.
(c) A criminal who hooks up with Edie.
(d) A criminal who hooks up with Bonnie and Max.
11. What is Edie's second plan?
(a) To rob the Peabody Hotel.
(b) To break into a house that will be hit by the hurricane.
(c) To scam Bonnie and Max.
(d) To go to Disney with Snapper.
12. Where does Max call when Skink gives him the cell phone to call Bonnie?
(a) He calls the highway patrol.
(b) He calls his parents.
(c) He calls their apartment in New York.
(d) He calls Bonnie's cell phone.
13. What does Tony make Snapper and Edie explain to him once he brings them in the house?
(a) Why they chose his house.
(b) How their scam was supposed to work.
(c) Where they came from.
(d) How they came up with their idea.
14. How does Augustine come into all of his money?
(a) From his father's drug deals.
(b) A lawsuit from a boating accident.
(c) A lawsuit from a plane accident.
(d) He robbed a bank.
15. How does Jim know that Skink has Max?
(a) Jim sees them together.
(b) Bonnie gets a phone call from Max.
(c) He recognizes his voice on the tape.
(d) He gets a phone call from Skink.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the man with the dachshunds tell Edie to do?
2. Why is Max at the bottom of the list of missing persons?
3. When Augustine visits his father in jail, what does his father want Augustine to do for him?
4. How does Ira Jackson get Avila's address from the clerk?
5. What does Skink pop into his mouth while in the U-Haul in Chapter 11?
This section contains 630 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)