|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Skink respond when Max asks him if he is ever letting Max go?
(a) Skink wants to meet Bonnie.
(b) Skink plans on killing him.
(c) Skink will let him go when he understands a lesson.
(d) Skink won't ever let him go.
2. What does Bonnie learn from the little boy with the bike?
(a) Max is hurt by a falling board.
(b) Max walks away with the one-eyed man.
(c) Max is chasing a monkey.
(d) Max is still videotaping.
3. How does Tony prove Edie is not paralyzed?
(a) He pushes her arm with the shotgun.
(b) He drops a branch on her leg.
(c) He shines a flashlight in her face.
(d) He calls the police.
4. What surprising fact does the reader learn about Skink from Jim?
(a) He used to be a professional wrestler.
(b) He used to own an alligator business.
(c) He used to be the governor.
(d) He used to be a mercenary.
5. At the beginning of Chapter 6, what does Skink allow Max to do that he has not allowed before?
(a) Take off the shock collar.
(b) Ask three questions.
(d) Go home.
6. When Max asks Skink in Chapter 6 what will happen to him next, what does Skink respond?
(a) Max will fly back to New York.
(b) Skink will take Max back to the rental car.
(c) The two of them will travel together.
(d) They will hunt for monkeys.
7. Why does Bonnie stop looking for Max?
(a) She is too angry to look further.
(b) She gets hit in the head with a board.
(c) She meets Augustine.
(d) She becomes lost.
8. What food product is on Skink's list that he wants Bonnie to deliver?
(b) Black olives.
(d) Green olives.
9. Where does Augustine take Bonnie for the night after their search for Max fails?
(a) His home.
(b) A shelter.
(c) A motel.
(d) The police station.
10. What is Snapper's part in the roof scam with Avila?
(a) To hand up the tiles to the other men.
(b) To get the contract.
(c) To lay the tar.
(d) To watch for government officials.
11. Why are Jack and Drake stuck on US 1?
(a) Everyone is evacuating the Keys because of the hurricane.
(b) The car is broken down.
(c) Some crazy man has stopped them.
(d) The hurricane has hit the Keys.
12. What does Bonnie attempt to do after Augustine insults Max?
(a) She attempts to leave.
(b) She tries to smack him.
(c) She agrees with him.
(d) She throws coffee at him.
13. Why does Max chase a monkey?
(a) It runs off with his wallet.
(b) He wants to help it.
(c) It runs off with his camera.
(d) He wants to kill it.
14. What do the kids want who drive up behind Snapper and follow him for a bit?
(a) They want to rob him.
(b) They want directions.
(c) They want to see if he has a gun.
(d) They want to beat him.
15. In Chapter 8 what does Augustine tell Bonnie that the surgical intern he dated had tried to do to him?
(a) Cut out his kidney.
(b) MInimize a scar.
(c) Sew up a wound.
(d) Take his blood.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Edie say she is going to go with her seventy grand?
2. Why does Bonnie's mother dislike Max?
3. How does Augustine make his money?
4. What does the old man neighbor of Mrs. Jackson want to do to Tony?
5. After talking to Peter in Chapter 6, where does Bonnie ask Augustine to take her?
This section contains 606 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)