|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Skink do every time Max asks him if Skink is going to shoot him?
(a) Skink kicks him.
(b) Skink shocks him with the collar.
(c) Skink throws water on him.
(d) Skink raises the gun to Max's head.
2. Who helps Bonnie after she gets hit in the head?
(b) The police.
(c) The boy with the bike.
(d) Tony Torres.
3. How does Snapper get his nickname?
(a) He kept snapper turtles.
(b) It was the name of his childhood dog.
(c) He snapped a man's neck once.
(d) His jaw was completely broken.
4. Why are Max and Bonnie in Orlando?
(a) To celebrate their graduation.
(b) To set up a scam.
(c) To visit friends.
(d) For their honeymoon.
5. Why does Max chase a monkey?
(a) It runs off with his camera.
(b) It runs off with his wallet.
(c) He wants to help it.
(d) He wants to kill it.
6. How does Skink respond when Max asks him if he is ever letting Max go?
(a) Skink plans on killing him.
(b) Skink won't ever let him go.
(c) Skink wants to meet Bonnie.
(d) Skink will let him go when he understands a lesson.
7. What do Edie and Snapper bring with them to Tony's house?
(a) A gun.
(c) Food and drink.
(d) A generator.
8. Where does Max want to visit on the second day of their trip to Orlando?
(c) The Keys.
9. What is the old man in search of at Beatrice Jackson's home?
(a) Beatrice's dogs.
(b) Ira Jackson.
(c) Beatrice's urn.
(d) His wife's blue urn.
10. What is the boy doing when Max videotapes him?
(a) He is playing with a monkey?
(b) He is looking through the debris in his house.
(c) He is crying.
(d) He is pulling his bike out of a tree.
11. Towards the end of Chapter 7, Skink gives Max a long shock. What makes him so angry at Max?
(a) Max tries to escape.
(b) Max cries about his lack of clothing.
(c) Max tries to hit Skink.
(d) Max does not know the answers to questions about Florida.
12. What happens to the rope on the bridge at the end of Chapter 2?
(a) It has been cut.
(b) It still holds the one-eyed man.
(c) It has snapped in the storm.
(d) It has fallen into the water.
13. Why does Bonnie wake up screaming?
(a) She has found herself in Augustine's bed.
(b) She is worried for Max.
(c) There is a monkey in the room with her.
(d) She sees the human skull display.
14. What does Bonnie attempt to do after Augustine insults Max?
(a) She tries to smack him.
(b) She throws coffee at him.
(c) She agrees with him.
(d) She attempts to leave.
15. What surprising fact does the reader learn about Skink from Jim?
(a) He used to be the governor.
(b) He used to own an alligator business.
(c) He used to be a mercenary.
(d) He used to be a professional wrestler.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Augustine do to the drunk construction worker?
2. What is Snapper's part in the roof scam with Avila?
3. When Augustine visits his father in jail, what does his father want Augustine to do for him?
4. How does Edie's scam get noticed by the insurance man?
5. At the beginning of Chapter 6, what does Skink allow Max to do that he has not allowed before?
This section contains 613 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)