|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What surprising fact does the reader learn about Skink from Jim?
(a) He used to own an alligator business.
(b) He used to be the governor.
(c) He used to be a professional wrestler.
(d) He used to be a mercenary.
2. How does Max and Bonnie originally meet?
(a) On a boat.
(b) In Greenwich Village.
(c) Through their careers.
(d) At Disney.
3. What does Gil Peck find attached to the satellite dish?
(a) Tony's body.
(b) A woman with a Cartier watch.
(c) Max's body.
(d) Two dachshunds.
4. How does Tony prove Edie is not paralyzed?
(a) He shines a flashlight in her face.
(b) He pushes her arm with the shotgun.
(c) He calls the police.
(d) He drops a branch on her leg.
5. What happens to Bonnie's purse?
(a) Augustine locks it in his truck.
(b) The monkey runs off with it.
(c) It is stolen from the trunk of the car.
(d) Looters rip it from her hands.
6. How does Ira Jackson get Avila's address from the clerk?
(a) The clerk gave it to him.
(b) He took it when the clerk left his desk.
(c) He grabbed it from the clerk's hand.
(d) He threatened to hurt the clerk's family.
7. What does Augustine do to the drunk construction worker?
(a) Augustine hits his car.
(b) Augustine shoots him with a tranquilizer dart.
(c) Augustine punches him.
(d) Augustine shoots him.
8. What is the tie between the three sets of characters met in Chapter 1?
(b) Peabody Hotel.
(c) Disney World.
(d) The hurricane.
9. How does Skink respond when Max asks him if he is ever letting Max go?
(a) Skink plans on killing him.
(b) Skink won't ever let him go.
(c) Skink wants to meet Bonnie.
(d) Skink will let him go when he understands a lesson.
10. Why doesn't Edie's plan concerning the Kennedys' work?
(a) She gets arrested.
(b) They know she is a scam artist.
(c) They leave Palm Beach for the summer.
(d) She never meets a Kennedy.
11. What does Skink smoke?
12. At the end of Chapter 8, what happens to Gil Peck?
(a) He drives into a canal after being chased.
(b) He gets shot by a cop.
(c) He flips his truck over on the turnpike.
(d) He confesses to murder.
13. Why is Edie annoyed with the insurance man when he returns the next night in Chapter 11?
(a) He answers the door when someone knocks.
(b) He drinks all of the wine.
(c) He is acting as though they have a romance going on.
(d) He won't get her a hotel room.
14. To whose attention is Max Lamb's case finally drawn?
(a) Jim Tile.
(b) News reporters.
(c) Max's parents.
(d) The FBI.
15. Where does Max want to visit on the second day of their trip to Orlando?
(b) The Keys.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 9, what becomes of the dachshunds?
2. What/Who attacks Max's face?
3. What do the kids want who drive up behind Snapper and follow him for a bit?
4. What is the setting of the first chapter?
5. What is Edie's second plan?
This section contains 553 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)