|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Snapper's part in the roof scam with Avila?
(a) To hand up the tiles to the other men.
(b) To get the contract.
(c) To watch for government officials.
(d) To lay the tar.
2. Why does Bonnie's mother dislike Max?
(a) He does not work hard enough.
(b) He treats Bonnie badly.
(c) He is too goal driven.
(d) He is crazy.
3. Why does Ira blame himself for his mother's death?
(a) He did not rescue her from the storm.
(b) He believed Tony when he said the trailer would hold up under a hurricane.
(c) He didn't blame himself--only Tony.
(d) He coaxed her to move to Florida.
4. Why does Bonnie wake up screaming?
(a) She sees the human skull display.
(b) She has found herself in Augustine's bed.
(c) There is a monkey in the room with her.
(d) She is worried for Max.
5. What does Tony ask Edie and Snapper to do after he discovers their scam?
(a) He asks them to give him a piece of their claim.
(b) He asks them to come inside his house.
(c) He asks them to leave.
(d) He asks them to sue his neighbor instead.
6. What happens to Augustine's uncle?
(a) He dies of a fight with a bear.
(b) He leaves his home before the storm.
(c) He dies of a snake bite.
(d) He dies in the hurricane.
7. What happens on Edie's date with Kennedy?
(a) They have a fight.
(b) They have sex.
(c) They fall in love.
(d) He does not want her physically.
8. Why does Snapper want to siphon the gas from the car?
(a) To turn on the lights.
(b) To run the refrigerator.
(c) To watch TV.
(d) To keep anyone from using the car.
9. How does Max and Bonnie originally meet?
(a) At Disney.
(b) Through their careers.
(c) On a boat.
(d) In Greenwich Village.
10. Where does Max call when Skink gives him the cell phone to call Bonnie?
(a) He calls the highway patrol.
(b) He calls Bonnie's cell phone.
(c) He calls his parents.
(d) He calls their apartment in New York.
11. What does Snapper tell Edie to do with the dachshunds after they meet up again outside of Tony's in Chapter 7?
(a) Let them go.
(b) Take them home with her.
(c) Give them to Tony.
(d) Give them back to Ira.
12. What does Tony propose as a new deal for Snapper?
(a) Snapper will kill Tony's wife.
(b) Snapper will be Tony's bodyguard.
(c) Tony will shoot Snapper.
(d) Snapper will shoot Edie.
13. What does Snapper walk away with after meeting Mrs. Whitmark?
(a) A roofing contract.
(b) Dog bites.
(c) $7,000 cash.
14. After the storm, why don't Edie and Sapper go to the original house they had found that morning?
(a) They wanted to choose a house that lost its roof.
(b) They wanted a bigger house.
(c) The neighborhood was so destroyed that they could not find it.
(d) The house was destroyed.
15. Why doesn't Edie's plan concerning the Kennedys' work?
(a) She never meets a Kennedy.
(b) They know she is a scam artist.
(c) She gets arrested.
(d) They leave Palm Beach for the summer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are Max and Bonnie in Orlando?
2. What does Skink smoke?
3. How does Skink respond when Max asks him if he is ever letting Max go?
4. What does the man with the dachshunds tell Edie to do?
5. Why does the patrol officers go to the Card Sound Bridge?
This section contains 604 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)