|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Carrie do to earn money?
(b) Cleaning rich women's homes.
2. What does Rondal say about Albion when he has lunch with Carrie?
(a) That Albion is barking up the wrong tree.
(b) That Albion is in danger of being murdered.
(c) The Albion and Rondal could work together.
(d) That Albioin is not being up front.
3. What does Carrie do at breakfast the morning of the march?
(a) Pass out.
(d) Change her mind about accompanying them.
4. What has the U.S. President ordered the Army to do?
(a) Arrest anyone carrying a weapon.
(b) Crush the miners.
(c) Help the miners.
(d) Protect all sides from violence.
5. What is on the train that Carrie rides to Davidson?
(b) Injuried men.
(d) Breathing masks.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Carrie agree to do?
2. Why does Carrie go to the schoolhouse?
3. With what are Carrie and Rondal occupied in Charleston?
4. What does Carrie decide to do?
5. With what is Carrie coping?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Rondal change his methods and why does he change them?
2. What is Carrie doing in the hotel and what does she learn about the attacks on the miners? What does Rondal do?
3. What does Carrie do after Albion is killed?
4. What do Rondal and Carrie do when they reach Charleston and what does Talcott do about the union movement at that point?
5. Why does Rondal visit Homeplace and what is Carrie's response?
6. What does Rosa say about her children and what does Mario do after the explosion in the mine?
7. What does Carrie do when Rondal brings her breakfast and what does she tell him?
8. What happens after three days of fighting and to what does Talcott compare the fighting?
9. What happens to Rosa in Chapter 17?
10. Where does Carrie go when the fighting begins and what does she tell Dr. Booker? What is his response?
This section contains 836 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)