|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do the miners expect trouble?
(a) They do not expect trouble since they have preached pacifism.
(b) In Sheriff Don Chafin's county.
(c) They expect it all along the way.
(d) They expect it in Justice county.
2. Where does Rondal go after the accident?
(a) Hazard County.
(d) Justice County.
3. What is on the train that Carrie rides to Davidson?
(a) Injuried men.
(c) Breathing masks.
4. What does Carrie do to earn money?
(b) Cleaning rich women's homes.
5. How does C.J. want to keep the workers from feeling united?
(a) Forming a football team.
(b) Forming a baseball team.
(c) Rotating supervisors constantly.
(d) Rotating workers constantly.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Rondal, Carrie, and Dr. Booker learn when they arrive at Blair Mountain?
2. Who is arrested for murder?
3. What is declared in the tent city?
4. Why does Rondal say he comes to the Homeplace?
5. What does Carrie not tell Rondal?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Rondal and the others arrive at Blair Mountain?
2. What do the mining companies do when their team is going to play Annadel and what is Annadel's response?
3. What does Carrie do after talking to Rondal, what does Albion tell her and what does she decide?
4. Why does Rondal visit Homeplace and what is Carrie's response?
5. How does Rondal change his methods and why does he change them?
6. What happens when Isom tries to arrest the gun thugs in May of 1920?
7. What happens to Rosa in Chapter 17?
8. What happens after three days of fighting and to what does Talcott compare the fighting?
9. Why do Rondal, Carrie and Booker leave Charleston and where will they have to pass through to get where they are going?
10. What does Rondal talk to Carrie about and what his her response?
This section contains 900 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)