|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is an infectious disease unique to humans, caused by either of two virus variants, Variola major and Variola minor?
2. When Sayle hits a foul, how many points is it to Alex in Chapter 9, "Night Visitors"?
3. How many people are staring up in shock at Alex when he crashes into the Science Museum in Chapter 16, "Twelve O'Clock"?
4. Who is flying the plane that Alex hijacks in Chapter 15, "Eleven O'Clock"?
5. How much does Alex win in his bet with Sayle in Chapter 9, "Night Visitors"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is problematic about Mr. Sayle's revenge motivation in Chapter 13, "The School Bully"?
2. How does the book found by Alex relate to his uncle's diagram, as discovered in Chapter 11, "Dozmary Mine"?
3. Where does Alex go to search for information in Chapter 11, "Dozmary Mine"? What does he discovery about his uncle's inquiries?
4. What does Alex surmise about the contents of the metal boxes in Chapter 9, "Night Visitors"?
5. How does Alex escape entrapment and certain death in Chapter 14, "Deep Water"?
6. How does Alex escape the Sayle estate in Chapter 15, "Eleven O'Clock"? What weapon does he gain?
7. How does Alex attempt to enter the mine in Chapter 11, "Dozmary Mine"?
8. What motivation does Mr. Sayle have for his plans in Chapter 13, "The School Bully"? Who does he seek revenge upon?
9. What reward does Alex receive in Chapter 17, "Yassen"? How does he encounter Sayle in the end of the novel?
10. Who assists in saving Alex's life in the end of "Stormbreaker"? Why?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe and discuss the character of Mr. Grin in "Stormbreaker". When and why does Mr. Sayle say Mr. Grin changed his name?
Essay Topic 2
Describe and discuss the character of Nadia Vole in the narrative. How is Ms. Vole described by the narrator? How does Alex feel about her?
Essay Topic 3
Describe and analyze the protagonist of the novel. How old is Alex? What is remarkable about his role in the plot and the mission of MI6?
This section contains 897 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)