|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the book Alex reads in the library in Chapter 11, "Dozmary Mine," in the nineteenth century there had been how many mines in Cornwall?
2. What does Alex initially attempt to break the aquarium glass with in Chapter 14, "Deep Water"?
3. Where does Alex order the plane flown in Chapter 15, "Eleven O'Clock"?
4. What does Alex refer to as a "Victorian pile" below him in Chapter 16, "Twelve O'Clock"?
5. What happens to the guard who drops one of the metal boxes in Chapter 9, "Night Visitors"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What foreshadowing is revealed in Chapter 10, "Death in the Long Grass"? How does this chapter build suspense in the narrative?
2. What reward does Alex receive in Chapter 17, "Yassen"? How does he encounter Sayle in the end of the novel?
3. What game does Alex play against Herod Sayle in Chapter 9, "Night Visitors"? How much money is won?
4. What drives Alex to think quickly in his escape in Chapter 14, "Deep Water"? How much time does Alex have to complete his mission at the end of this chapter?
5. What book does Alex discover which leads to more clues in Chapter 11, "Dozmary Mine"?
6. What does Alex discover outside the store room in Chapter 12, "Behind the Door"?
7. How does the book found by Alex relate to his uncle's diagram, as discovered in Chapter 11, "Dozmary Mine"?
8. What danger does Alex face at the end of Chapter 12, "Behind the Door"? How have Alex's actions led him into this danger?
9. What does Alex surmise about the contents of the metal boxes in Chapter 9, "Night Visitors"?
10. How does Alex effectively board the plane in Chapter 15, "Eleven O'Clock"? Who does he find piloting it?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the biography and career of Anthony Horowitz, and discuss the public reception and popularity of the Alex Rider series. When was "Stormbreaker" adapted to film?
Essay Topic 2
Describe and analyze the characters of Alex's training unit. Who among the trainees holds the most resentment for Alex and why?
Essay Topic 3
Describe and discuss the character of Nadia Vole in the narrative. How is Ms. Vole described by the narrator? How does Alex feel about her?
This section contains 908 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)