|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sayle say his butler will be serving for lunch tomorrow in Chapter 9, "Night Visitors"?
2. What vehicle almost runs down Alex when he becomes lost on his path in Chapter 10, "Death in the Long Grass"?
3. How many hours does Alex spend toying with the Stormbreaker in Chapter 10, "Death in the Long Grass"?
4. The boxes which are loaded in the back of the truck are about the size of what in Alex's estimation in Chapter 9, "Night Visitors"?
5. Who had supposedly murdered Ian Rider, as believed by Alex in Chapter 9, "Night Visitors"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who suggests Alex go for a walk on his last day at Sayle Enterprises in Chapter 10, "Death in the Long Grass"? Where does he go?
2. What foreshadowing is revealed in Chapter 10, "Death in the Long Grass"? How does this chapter build suspense in the narrative?
3. What does Alex discover outside the store room in Chapter 12, "Behind the Door"?
4. How does Alex enter the store room in Chapter 12, "Behind the Door"?
5. How does the book found by Alex relate to his uncle's diagram, as discovered in Chapter 11, "Dozmary Mine"?
6. Where does Alex go to search for information in Chapter 11, "Dozmary Mine"? What does he discovery about his uncle's inquiries?
7. What reward does Alex receive in Chapter 17, "Yassen"? How does he encounter Sayle in the end of the novel?
8. Who approaches and attempts to harm Alex in Chapter 10, "Death in the Long Grass"?
9. What danger does Alex face at the end of Chapter 12, "Behind the Door"? How have Alex's actions led him into this danger?
10. How does Alex escape Mr. Grim in Chapter 16, "Twelve O'Clock"? Where does he attempt to land?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe and analyze the character of Mrs. Jones in the narrative and discuss the history of MI6. How is the CIA affiliated with MI6?
Essay Topic 2
Identify and analyze imagery and the events and actions in Chapter 2, "Heaven for Cars." What is the significance of Alex's discovery at the salvage yard?
Essay Topic 3
Identify and discuss foreshadowing in Chapter 1, "Funeral Voices." What central conflict does Alex face in the beginning of the narrative?
This section contains 897 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)