|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Alex have a gash as he travels in Chapter 5, "Double O Nothing"?
2. How many siblings does Felix Lester have?
3. What is the title of the second file Alex opens from Ian Rider's desk in Chapter 3, "Royal and General"?
4. How much does the bergen backpack weigh that Alex is forced to wear in Chapter 5, "Double O Nothing"?
5. How many beds and lockers were each hut equipped with at the training camp Alex went to in Chapter 5, "Double O Nothing"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where is Alex picked up in the beginning of Chapter 7, "Physalia Physalia"? What is his journey like?
2. What "slip" does Alex make while speaking with Herod Sayle in Chapter 7, "Physalia Physalia"? How does he cover this mistake?
3. When was "Stormbreaker" published? Of what popular series is the novel a part? When was the novel adapted to film?
4. What is in Alex's future at the end of Chapter 4, "So What Do You Say?"
5. What secretive location does Alex discover in Chapter 8, "Looking for Trouble"? What device allows him to spy through walls?
6. How is Herod Sayle's private residence described in Chapter 7, "Physalia Physalia"? What strange "pet" does Sayle keep?
7. Who is accompanied by Mr. Blunt in Chapter 4, "So What Do You Say?" What information does Alex learn about his uncle in this chapter?
8. What do Alex and Jack discover at their home after the funeral in Chapter 1, "Funeral Voices"?
9. Who plans the funeral for Ian Rider in Chapter 1, "Funeral Voices"? What does Alex remark as odd about the service?
10. How are Alex's attributes illustrated in Chapter 2, "Heaven for Cars"? How is his intelligence regarded?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the characters of Mr. Blunt and Mr. Crawley in the narrative. How does Alex feel about each of these characters and why?
Essay Topic 2
Identify and discuss foreshadowing in Chapter 1, "Funeral Voices." What central conflict does Alex face in the beginning of the narrative?
Essay Topic 3
Describe and discuss the character of Nadia Vole in the narrative. How is Ms. Vole described by the narrator? How does Alex feel about her?
This section contains 930 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)