|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many men are in the unit Alex joins in Chapter 5, "Double O Nothing"?
2. In what profession does Alex believe his uncle worked in the beginning of the novel?
3. What is the room number of Mr. Crawley's office in Chapter 3, "Royal and General"?
4. What musician does Felix Lester like, according to Alex's files?
5. How do the police say Alex's uncle died in Chapter 1, "Funeral Voices"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is in Alex's future at the end of Chapter 4, "So What Do You Say?"
2. What secretive location does Alex discover in Chapter 8, "Looking for Trouble"? What device allows him to spy through walls?
3. Who does Mrs. Jones bring to meet with Alex after his training is complete in Chapter 6, "Toys Aren't Us"? What devices are given to Alex?
4. When was "Stormbreaker" published? Of what popular series is the novel a part? When was the novel adapted to film?
5. Where is Alex when he awakens in Chapter 4, "So What Do You Say?" Where is he taken for lunch?
6. Who is accompanied by Mr. Blunt in Chapter 4, "So What Do You Say?" What information does Alex learn about his uncle in this chapter?
7. How does Alex prove his loyalty amongst his training mates in Chapter 5, "Double O Nothing"?
8. What does Alex go in search of after returning to school in Chapter 2, "Heaven for Cars"?
9. How are Alex's attributes illustrated in Chapter 2, "Heaven for Cars"? How is his intelligence regarded?
10. What mission is proposed to Alex in Chapter 4, "So What Do You Say?" What is Alex's response?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Yassen Gregorovich and his associations with Herod Sayle and Ian Rider. Why is Yassen suspected of Ian's murder?
Essay Topic 2
Describe and discuss the character of Mr. Grin in "Stormbreaker". When and why does Mr. Sayle say Mr. Grin changed his name?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the setting of Royal and General and analyze the character of Mr. Crawley in the narrative. Where is Mr. Crawley's office located?
This section contains 903 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)