|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Alex arrives at his room at the Sayle estate, what cartridge does he put into the Color Game Boy?
2. What nickname do the members of Alex's unit give him?
3. What is the occupation of Felix Lester's mother?
4. How long was Alex's training to take place in Chapter 5, "Double O Nothing"?
5. What color hair does Jack Starbright have?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who does Mrs. Jones bring to meet with Alex after his training is complete in Chapter 6, "Toys Aren't Us"? What devices are given to Alex?
2. What is in Alex's future at the end of Chapter 4, "So What Do You Say?"
3. What elements of foreshadowing are illustrated in Chapter 6, "Toys Aren't Us"? What do they imply about Alex's future?
4. What proposition is posed to Alex in Chapter 4, "So What Do You Say?" Why?
5. Where is Alex when he awakens in Chapter 4, "So What Do You Say?" Where is he taken for lunch?
6. What secretive location does Alex discover in Chapter 8, "Looking for Trouble"? What device allows him to spy through walls?
7. Who is accompanied by Mr. Blunt in Chapter 4, "So What Do You Say?" What information does Alex learn about his uncle in this chapter?
8. How is Herod Sayle described to Alex in Chapter 4, "So What Do You Say?"
9. What encounter does Alex have with Wolf during parachute training in Chapter 6, "Toys Aren't Us"?
10. How does Alex prove his loyalty amongst his training mates in Chapter 5, "Double O Nothing"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe and analyze the character of Mrs. Jones in the narrative and discuss the history of MI6. How is the CIA affiliated with MI6?
Essay Topic 2
Identify and analyze the actions and objectives of each of the characters in Chapter 4. How does Mr. Blunt go about coercing Alex to join the mission?
Essay Topic 3
Describe and discuss the character of Mr. Grin in "Stormbreaker". When and why does Mr. Sayle say Mr. Grin changed his name?
This section contains 923 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)