|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Alex tell Herod Sayle is his favorite soccer team in Chapter 7, "Physalia Physalia"?
2. What is the weather like in the beginning of Chapter 5, "Double O Nothing"?
3. Alex's Condor Junior Roadracer was custom built for him for what birthday?
4. What does Alex discover on his uncle's car when he visits the salvage yard in Chapter 2, "Heaven for Cars"?
5. The whole complex of Sayle Enterprises is about how many miles square, by Alex's estimation in Chapter 7, "Physalia Physalia"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What "slip" does Alex make while speaking with Herod Sayle in Chapter 7, "Physalia Physalia"? How does he cover this mistake?
2. How is Mr. Grin described in Chapter 7, "Physalia Physalia"? What was Mr. Grin's prior profession?
3. What do Alex and Jack discover at their home after the funeral in Chapter 1, "Funeral Voices"?
4. How is Herod Sayle described to Alex in Chapter 4, "So What Do You Say?"
5. What does Mrs. Jones reveal to Alex regarding Yassen Gregorovich in Chapter 6, "Toys Aren't Us"?
6. Who does Mrs. Jones bring to meet with Alex after his training is complete in Chapter 6, "Toys Aren't Us"? What devices are given to Alex?
7. How is the protagonist introduced in Chapter 1, "Funeral Voices"? What central conflict is introduced in the beginning of the first chapter?
8. What encounter does Alex have with Wolf during parachute training in Chapter 6, "Toys Aren't Us"?
9. How does Alex attempt to sneak into Ian Rider's office in Chapter 3, "Royal and General"? What happens when he is discovered?
10. What is in Alex's future at the end of Chapter 4, "So What Do You Say?"
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Identify and analyze the transition from exposition to rising action in "Stormbreaker". Where does this shift take place? Whose actions drive the plot?
Essay Topic 2
Analyze and discuss the characteristics and attributes proven by Alex during training for MI6. How does Alex stand out for a trainee his age?
Essay Topic 3
Describe Alex's past and childhood. How does Alex feel about his uncle? How long has he lived with him? How is this information revealed as "exposition" in the narrative?
This section contains 933 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)