|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the date at the beginning of Chapter 10, "Death in the Long Grass"?
(a) March 31.
(b) June 4.
(c) April 17.
(d) September 9.
2. How many people are staring up in shock at Alex when he crashes into the Science Museum in Chapter 16, "Twelve O'Clock"?
3. What is the title of the book Alex discovers in the library as a clue in Chapter 11, "Dozmary Mine"?
(a) Cornwall: The History of Local Mines.
(b) Dozmary: The Oldest British Mine.
(c) Dozmary: The Story of Cornwall's Oldest Mine.
(d) Cornwall: The Land of Lost Yesterdays.
4. What is the first question Herod Sayle presents to Alex in Chapter 13, "The School Bully"?
(a) "How do I know you?"
(b) "Who sent you here?"
(c) "Who are you?"
(d) "How much do you know?"
5. What does Alex tell Sayle his father's occupation is in Chapter 9, "Night Visitors"?
(b) Appliance repairman.
(c) Race car driver.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Alex looks down from the observation platform, he sees how many laboratory workers in Chapter 12, "Behind the Door"?
2. How many shots does Alex fire while hanging from the parachute in the Science Museum in Chapter 16, "Twelve O'Clock"?
3. Who enters and unlocks Alex's handcuffs in Chapter 14, "Deep Water"?
4. When Sayle asks if Alex has any criticisms of the Stormbreaker game in Chapter 9, "Night Visitors," Alex says he is surprised the game does not have what?
5. What is an infectious disease unique to humans, caused by either of two virus variants, Variola major and Variola minor?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Alex escape his assailants in Chapter 10, "Death in the Long Grass"?
2. How does Alex escape Mr. Grim in Chapter 16, "Twelve O'Clock"? Where does he attempt to land?
3. What danger does Alex face at the end of Chapter 12, "Behind the Door"? How have Alex's actions led him into this danger?
4. How does Alex enter the store room in Chapter 12, "Behind the Door"?
5. Who assists in saving Alex's life in the end of "Stormbreaker"? Why?
6. What drives Alex to think quickly in his escape in Chapter 14, "Deep Water"? How much time does Alex have to complete his mission at the end of this chapter?
7. How does the book found by Alex relate to his uncle's diagram, as discovered in Chapter 11, "Dozmary Mine"?
8. What motivation does Mr. Sayle have for his plans in Chapter 13, "The School Bully"? Who does he seek revenge upon?
9. How does Alex escape the Sayle estate in Chapter 15, "Eleven O'Clock"? What weapon does he gain?
10. How does Alex effectively board the plane in Chapter 15, "Eleven O'Clock"? Who does he find piloting it?
This section contains 1,022 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)