|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Mr. Blunt tell Alex his uncle had been working on his last mission in Chapter 4, "So What Do You Say?"
(a) Cornwall, England.
(b) Leeds, England.
(c) Liverpool, England.
(d) Birmingham, England.
2. In the beginning of Chapter 7, "Physalia Physalia," what car is described as cruising down the freeway?
(a) A black Bentley Continental.
(b) A blue Lotus Exige.
(c) A silver gray Mercedes S600.
(d) A orange Bugatti Veyron.
3. The author writes that when the doorbell rings at what time, it is never a good sign in Chapter 1, "Funeral Voices"?
(a) 8 a.m.
(b) 4 p.m.
(c) 12 p.m.
(d) 3 a.m.
4. How much does the bergen backpack weigh that Alex is forced to wear in Chapter 5, "Double O Nothing"?
(a) 45 pounds.
(b) 54 pounds.
(c) 22 pounds.
(d) 33 pounds.
5. Where does Alex find a piece of paper in his room in Chapter 8, "Looking for Trouble"?
(a) The bed canopy.
(b) In a desk drawer.
(c) In a lamp shade.
(d) Under the mattress.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Alex arrives at his room at the Sayle estate, what cartridge does he put into the Color Game Boy?
2. It is almost what time in the beginning of Chapter 5, "Double O Nothing"?
3. What is the title of the second file Alex opens from Ian Rider's desk in Chapter 3, "Royal and General"?
4. What is the occupation of Felix Lester's father?
5. Where does Felix Lester go to school?
Short Essay Questions
1. What proposition is posed to Alex in Chapter 4, "So What Do You Say?" Why?
2. What "slip" does Alex make while speaking with Herod Sayle in Chapter 7, "Physalia Physalia"? How does he cover this mistake?
3. What does Alex go in search of after returning to school in Chapter 2, "Heaven for Cars"?
4. How does Alex attempt to sneak into Ian Rider's office in Chapter 3, "Royal and General"? What happens when he is discovered?
5. How is Mr. Grin described in Chapter 7, "Physalia Physalia"? What was Mr. Grin's prior profession?
6. How is Herod Sayle's private residence described in Chapter 7, "Physalia Physalia"? What strange "pet" does Sayle keep?
7. How does Alex prove his loyalty amongst his training mates in Chapter 5, "Double O Nothing"?
8. How does Alex prove himself capable amongst his peers in training in Chapter 5, "Double O Nothing"?
9. What does Mrs. Jones reveal to Alex regarding Yassen Gregorovich in Chapter 6, "Toys Aren't Us"?
10. What does Alex overhear while snooping about the Sayle estate in Chapter 8, "Looking for Trouble"? Who catches Alex?
This section contains 963 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)