|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Mr. Blunt's colleague he introduces to Alex in Chapter 4, "So What Do You Say?"
(a) Mrs. Thomas.
(b) Mrs. Smith.
(c) Mrs. Jones.
(d) Mrs. Berry.
2. Where does Alex have a gash as he travels in Chapter 5, "Double O Nothing"?
(a) His foot.
(b) His shoulder.
(c) His back.
(d) His neck.
3. How many novels have been published in the Alex Rider series?
4. What is the name of Herod Sayle's butler?
(a) Mr. Crowley.
(b) Mr. Grin.
(c) Mr. Blunt.
(d) Jack Starbright.
5. What painting dominates the hall in the home at Sayle Enterprises in Chapter 7, "Physalia Physalia"?
(a) Judgment Day.
(b) Mona Lisa.
(c) Portrait of Dr. Gachet.
(d) Vase with Fifteen Sunflowers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Herod Sayle's father was a failed what?
2. What was the name of Alex Rider's uncle?
3. What is the occupation of Felix Lester's mother?
4. Where does Mr. Blunt tell Alex his uncle had been working on his last mission in Chapter 4, "So What Do You Say?"
5. What was Mr. Sayle's butler's occupation, before he became a butler?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Alex prove himself capable amongst his peers in training in Chapter 5, "Double O Nothing"?
2. How are Alex's attributes illustrated in Chapter 2, "Heaven for Cars"? How is his intelligence regarded?
3. How does Alex attempt to sneak into Ian Rider's office in Chapter 3, "Royal and General"? What happens when he is discovered?
4. What does Alex notice about the bank when he visits in Chapter 3, "Royal and General"?
5. Where is Alex picked up in the beginning of Chapter 7, "Physalia Physalia"? What is his journey like?
6. What causes Alex concern after the death of his uncle in Chapter 1, "Funeral Voices"? What led Alex to live with his uncle?
7. How is Herod Sayle described to Alex in Chapter 4, "So What Do You Say?"
8. What does Alex discover at the salvage yard in Chapter 2, "Heaven for Cars"? What immediate danger does he face while there?
9. What do Alex and Jack discover at their home after the funeral in Chapter 1, "Funeral Voices"?
10. How does Alex prove his loyalty amongst his training mates in Chapter 5, "Double O Nothing"?
This section contains 916 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)