|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who plans the funeral for Ian Rider?
(a) Mr. Blunt.
(b) Mr. Crawley.
(c) Herod Sayle.
(d) Mr. Grin.
2. In how many minutes did Wolf master the obstacle course in Chapter 5, "Double O Nothing"?
3. Alex had been collected that morning from a converted church where in Chapter 7, "Physalia Physalia"?
(a) Hampstead, North London.
(b) Redbridge, North London.
(c) Port Tallon, Cornwall.
(d) Davidstow, Cornwall.
4. What kind of pet does Felix Lester have?
(a) Great Dane.
(b) German Shepherd.
5. What time does Alex's watch say when he first looks at it upon waking in Chapter 4, "So What Do You Say?"
(a) Three o'clock.
(b) Twelve o'clock.
(c) Eight o'clock.
(d) Four o'clock.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the house where Alex grew up?
2. What was the name of Alex Rider's uncle?
3. What is the name of the salvage yard where Alex saw his uncle's car after his uncle died?
4. What does "SAS" stand for in the novel?
5. The stun grenade on the obstacle course in Chapter 5, "Double O Nothing" is a small device filled with a mixture of magnesium powder and what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Alex notice about the bank when he visits in Chapter 3, "Royal and General"?
2. What is in Alex's future at the end of Chapter 4, "So What Do You Say?"
3. What elements of foreshadowing are illustrated in Chapter 6, "Toys Aren't Us"? What do they imply about Alex's future?
4. What does Alex go in search of after returning to school in Chapter 2, "Heaven for Cars"?
5. Who does Mrs. Jones bring to meet with Alex after his training is complete in Chapter 6, "Toys Aren't Us"? What devices are given to Alex?
6. Who plans the funeral for Ian Rider in Chapter 1, "Funeral Voices"? What does Alex remark as odd about the service?
7. Who is accompanied by Mr. Blunt in Chapter 4, "So What Do You Say?" What information does Alex learn about his uncle in this chapter?
8. Where is Alex picked up in the beginning of Chapter 7, "Physalia Physalia"? What is his journey like?
9. How does Alex prove himself capable amongst his peers in training in Chapter 5, "Double O Nothing"?
10. What proposition is posed to Alex in Chapter 4, "So What Do You Say?" Why?
This section contains 965 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)