|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. There are caffeine and what kind of tablets in Alex's survival pack in Chapter 5, "Double O Nothing"?
(b) Water purification.
2. What was the name of Alex Rider's uncle?
(a) Alex Rider.
(b) Herod Sayle.
(c) Jack Starbright.
(d) Ian Rider.
3. In Ian Rider's office, there is a photograph of Alex where in Chapter 3, "Royal and General"?
(a) Panama City.
(b) Mexico City.
4. Where does Alex have a gash as he travels in Chapter 5, "Double O Nothing"?
(a) His back.
(b) His foot.
(c) His neck.
(d) His shoulder.
5. How do the police say Alex's uncle died in Chapter 1, "Funeral Voices"?
(a) A knife wound.
(b) A gunshot wound.
(c) Car accident.
(d) A heart attack.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does "SAS" stand for in the novel?
2. What was Mr. Sayle's butler's occupation, before he became a butler?
3. What does Mr. Blunt offer Alex for lunch in Chapter 4, "So What Do You Say?"
4. Mr. Blunt tells Alex that he is the chief executive of the Special Operations Division of what organization in Chapter 4, "So What Do You Say?"
5. Herod Sayle's father was a failed what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Alex go in search of after returning to school in Chapter 2, "Heaven for Cars"?
2. Who plans the funeral for Ian Rider in Chapter 1, "Funeral Voices"? What does Alex remark as odd about the service?
3. What do Alex and Jack discover at their home after the funeral in Chapter 1, "Funeral Voices"?
4. How does Alex attempt to sneak into Ian Rider's office in Chapter 3, "Royal and General"? What happens when he is discovered?
5. How is the protagonist introduced in Chapter 1, "Funeral Voices"? What central conflict is introduced in the beginning of the first chapter?
6. What is in Alex's future at the end of Chapter 4, "So What Do You Say?"
7. What two examples of foreshadowing predominate Chapter 8, "Looking for Trouble"?
8. How is Herod Sayle described to Alex in Chapter 4, "So What Do You Say?"
9. What "slip" does Alex make while speaking with Herod Sayle in Chapter 7, "Physalia Physalia"? How does he cover this mistake?
10. Where is Alex when he awakens in Chapter 4, "So What Do You Say?" Where is he taken for lunch?
This section contains 963 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)