|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The author writes that when the doorbell rings at what time, it is never a good sign in Chapter 1, "Funeral Voices"?
(a) 4 p.m.
(b) 8 a.m.
(c) 12 p.m.
(d) 3 a.m.
2. How old was Alex when his parents died?
(a) A few weeks old.
(b) 4 years old.
(c) 12 years old.
(d) 18 months old.
3. Who is Alex Rider's housekeeper?
(a) Jack Starbright.
(b) Mrs. Jones.
(c) Mr. Blunt.
(d) Herod Sayle.
4. Where does Felix Lester go to school?
(a) St. Peter's.
(b) St. Anthony's.
(c) St. Paul's.
(d) St. Mark's.
5. How many siblings does Felix Lester have?
Short Answer Questions
1. What color are Alex Rider's eyes?
2. What does Mr. Blunt offer Alex for lunch in Chapter 4, "So What Do You Say?"
3. In what profession does Alex believe his uncle worked in the beginning of the novel?
4. In what voice is "Stormbreaker" written?
5. What is the title of the last file from Ian Rider's desk that Alex opens in Chapter 3, "Royal and General"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Alex notice about the bank when he visits in Chapter 3, "Royal and General"?
2. What do Alex and Jack discover at their home after the funeral in Chapter 1, "Funeral Voices"?
3. How is the protagonist introduced in Chapter 1, "Funeral Voices"? What central conflict is introduced in the beginning of the first chapter?
4. What does Alex discover at the salvage yard in Chapter 2, "Heaven for Cars"? What immediate danger does he face while there?
5. How does Alex prove his loyalty amongst his training mates in Chapter 5, "Double O Nothing"?
6. Where is Alex picked up in the beginning of Chapter 7, "Physalia Physalia"? What is his journey like?
7. In how much time does Alex complete his survival course training in Chapter 5, "Double O Nothing"?
8. What secretive location does Alex discover in Chapter 8, "Looking for Trouble"? What device allows him to spy through walls?
9. How is Mr. Grin described in Chapter 7, "Physalia Physalia"? What was Mr. Grin's prior profession?
10. How does Alex attempt to sneak into Ian Rider's office in Chapter 3, "Royal and General"? What happens when he is discovered?
This section contains 945 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)