|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the elderly, round-faced woman sit reading in the library when Alex enters in Chapter 11, "Dozmary Mine"?
(a) The Bible.
(b) The Odyssey.
(c) Crime and Punishment.
(d) Romeo and Juliet.
2. Where does Alex order the plane flown in Chapter 15, "Eleven O'Clock"?
(a) The Supreme Court.
(b) The Hospital.
(c) The Science Museum.
(d) The Parliament Building.
3. What happens to the guard who drops one of the metal boxes in Chapter 9, "Night Visitors"?
(a) He is fired.
(b) He is slapped.
(c) He is shot.
(d) He is yelled at.
4. What does Alex use to escape the aquarium in Chapter 14, "Deep Water"?
(a) Suction cups.
(b) An ice pick.
(c) A rope.
(d) Zit cream.
5. What vehicle almost runs down Alex when he becomes lost on his path in Chapter 10, "Death in the Long Grass"?
(a) A Range Rover.
(b) A Ferrari F40.
(c) A Volkswagon Jetta.
(d) A Kawasaki four by four.
6. What is the title of the book Alex discovers in the library as a clue in Chapter 11, "Dozmary Mine"?
(a) Cornwall: The History of Local Mines.
(b) Cornwall: The Land of Lost Yesterdays.
(c) Dozmary: The Oldest British Mine.
(d) Dozmary: The Story of Cornwall's Oldest Mine.
7. What kind of stew does Alex have at Sayle's house in Chapter 9, "Night Visitors"?
8. The Dozmary Mine had been owned by the Dozmary family for how many generations?
9. As Alex watches from the observation deck, Agent Gregorovich is called where by a speaker in Chapter 12, "Behind the Door"?
(a) The communications area.
(b) The biocontainment zone.
(c) The director's office.
(d) The command center.
10. Alex estimates his walk to Port Tallon to be how far from Sayle Enterprises in Chapter 10, "Death in the Long Grass"?
(a) 9 miles.
(b) 3.8 miles.
(c) 6.2 miles.
(d) 2 miles.
11. Who does Herod Sayle instruct to kill Alex in Chapter 13, "The School Bully"?
(a) Mr. Blunt.
(b) Mr. Crowley.
(c) Mrs. Jones.
(d) Mr. Grin.
12. What is the second question Herod Sayle presents to Alex in Chapter 13, "The School Bully"?
(a) "How much do you know?"
(b) "Who sent you here?"
(c) "How do I know you?"
(d) "Who are you?"
13. Alex watches as two guards are sprayed with white steam and wonders if they are being what in Chapter 12, "Behind the Door"?
14. Who does Sayle say found Alex snooping in Chapter 9, "Night Visitors"?
(a) Mr. Blunt.
(b) Mr. Crowley.
(c) Fraulein Vole.
(d) Jack Starbright.
15. What weapon does Alex bring with him from the house in Chapter 15, "Eleven O'Clock"?
(a) A harpoon gun.
(b) A slingshot.
(c) A stun gun.
(d) A grenade launcher.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Natural History Museum is located on what street in London?
2. Who enters and unlocks Alex's handcuffs in Chapter 14, "Deep Water"?
3. Alex gets tricked into falling into the aquarium with the jellyfish by whom in Chapter 14, "Deep Water"?
4. What does Alex tell Sayle his father's occupation is in Chapter 9, "Night Visitors"?
5. Where was Anthony Horowitz born?
This section contains 486 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)