|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the date at the beginning of Chapter 10, "Death in the Long Grass"?
(a) March 31.
(b) June 4.
(c) September 9.
(d) April 17.
2. How much does Alex win in his bet with Sayle in Chapter 9, "Night Visitors"?
(a) 550 pounds.
(b) 1,000 pounds.
(c) 2,500 pounds.
(d) 4,000 pounds.
3. How many hours does Alex spend toying with the Stormbreaker in Chapter 10, "Death in the Long Grass"?
4. Where is Yassen Gregorovich from?
5. According to the book Alex reads in the library in Chapter 11, "Dozmary Mine," by the 1990s there were how many mines in Cornwall?
6. Which of the grills is Alex able to open when he finds the back way into the laboratory in Chapter 12, "Behind the Door"?
(a) The first.
(b) The fifth.
(c) The third.
(d) The second.
7. Alex estimates his walk to Port Tallon to be how far from Sayle Enterprises in Chapter 10, "Death in the Long Grass"?
(a) 9 miles.
(b) 2 miles.
(c) 3.8 miles.
(d) 6.2 miles.
8. Alex is told that the longest survivor in the jellyfish tank lasted how long in Chapter 14, "Deep Water"?
(a) 21 minutes.
(b) 5 and 1/2 hours.
(c) 2 hours.
(d) 53 minutes.
9. What is Ms. Vole's first name in the narrative?
10. What name does the author give for the place Alex wanders to when becoming lost on his path in Chapter 10, "Death in the Long Grass"?
(a) The prarie of horror.
(b) The grassland of death.
(c) The killing field.
(d) The blood lawn.
11. Who enters and unlocks Alex's handcuffs in Chapter 14, "Deep Water"?
(a) Mrs. Jones.
(b) Ms. Vole.
(c) Jack Starbright.
(d) Mr. Crowley.
12. Who is driving the taxi that Alex hails at the end of the novel?
(a) Jack Starbright.
(b) Mr. Blunt.
(c) Yassen Gregorovich.
(d) Herod Sayle.
13. Alex tells Sayle that his father worked on an art gallery where in Chapter 9, "Night Visitors"?
14. Alex watches as two guards are sprayed with white steam and wonders if they are being what in Chapter 12, "Behind the Door"?
15. What does Alex find by the water when the tunnel goes underwater in Chapter 11, "Dozmary Mine"?
(a) A diver's suit.
(b) A clump of hair.
(c) A blood stain.
(d) A pair of glasses.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the book Alex reads in the library in Chapter 11, "Dozmary Mine," in the nineteenth century there had been how many mines in Cornwall?
2. The Natural History Museum is located on what street in London?
3. What device does Alex use to attach himself to the plane in Chapter 15, "Eleven O'Clock"?
4. What tavern does Alex pass on his way to the library in Chapter 11, "Dozmary Mine"?
5. To what entrance of the mine is Alex heading in Chapter 11, "Dozmary Mine"?
This section contains 448 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)