|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The virus in the computers is described as "Worse even than the stuff ____ was brewing up in the Gulf War."
(c) Saudi Arabia.
2. According to the book Alex reads in the library in Chapter 11, "Dozmary Mine," by the 1990s there were how many mines in Cornwall?
3. To what entrance of the mine is Alex heading in Chapter 11, "Dozmary Mine"?
(a) Kerneweck Shaft.
(b) Newcastle Shaft.
(c) Dozmary Tunnel.
(d) Liverpool Tunnel.
4. What does Alex refer to as a "Victorian pile" below him in Chapter 16, "Twelve O'Clock"?
(a) Albert Hall.
(b) The Science Museum.
(c) Imperial College.
(d) Oxford University.
5. When Sayle hits a foul, how many points is it to Alex in Chapter 9, "Night Visitors"?
6. When was Anthony Horowitz born?
7. Alex gets tricked into falling into the aquarium with the jellyfish by whom in Chapter 14, "Deep Water"?
(a) Mrs. Jones.
(b) Jack Starbright.
(c) Ms. Vole.
(d) Yassen Gregorovich.
8. What kind of car did Ian Rider drive?
(c) Mercedes Benz.
9. What is Ms. Vole's first name in the narrative?
10. Who does Sayle say found Alex snooping in Chapter 9, "Night Visitors"?
(a) Mr. Crowley.
(b) Mr. Blunt.
(c) Fraulein Vole.
(d) Jack Starbright.
11. At what time of day will the Prime Minister press the start button for the Stormbreaker computers?
(a) 1 a.m.
(b) 12 p.m.
(c) 7 p.m.
(d) 7 a.m.
12. Who is driving the taxi that Alex hails at the end of the novel?
(a) Mr. Blunt.
(b) Jack Starbright.
(c) Yassen Gregorovich.
(d) Herod Sayle.
13. According to the book Alex reads in the library in Chapter 11, "Dozmary Mine," in the nineteenth century there had been how many mines in Cornwall?
14. Who does Herod Sayle instruct to kill Alex in Chapter 13, "The School Bully"?
(a) Mr. Grin.
(b) Mr. Crowley.
(c) Mr. Blunt.
(d) Mrs. Jones.
15. What kind of stew does Alex have at Sayle's house in Chapter 9, "Night Visitors"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is an infectious disease unique to humans, caused by either of two virus variants, Variola major and Variola minor?
2. How many years ago does Herod Sayle say he came to this country in Chapter 13, "The School Bully"?
3. How much does Alex win in his bet with Sayle in Chapter 9, "Night Visitors"?
4. What does Alex see being inserted into the computer screens in Chapter 12, "Behind the Door"?
5. Where was Anthony Horowitz born?
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)