|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of gun does the guard have who stops Alex in Chapter 12, "Behind the Door"?
(a) A Mossberg 12 gauge shotgun.
(b) An AR-15 assault rifle.
(c) A Walther PPK.
(d) A Browning automatic pistol.
2. What happens to the guard who drops one of the metal boxes in Chapter 9, "Night Visitors"?
(a) He is yelled at.
(b) He is slapped.
(c) He is fired.
(d) He is shot.
3. Who awakens Alex in the beginning of Chapter 10, "Death in the Long Grass"?
(a) Mr. Blunt.
(b) Ms. Vole.
(c) Mr. Grin.
(d) Yassen Gregorovich.
4. The virus Sayle has infected the Stormbreaker computers with is a variation of what?
5. What does Alex find by the water when the tunnel goes underwater in Chapter 11, "Dozmary Mine"?
(a) A diver's suit.
(b) A pair of glasses.
(c) A blood stain.
(d) A clump of hair.
6. Who enters and unlocks Alex's handcuffs in Chapter 14, "Deep Water"?
(a) Mrs. Jones.
(b) Mr. Crowley.
(c) Ms. Vole.
(d) Jack Starbright.
7. How many years ago does Herod Sayle say he came to this country in Chapter 13, "The School Bully"?
8. What cartridge does Alex intend to use to contact M16 in Chapter 12, "Behind the Door"?
(b) Super Mario Brothers.
(c) Speed Wars.
9. When Sayle asks if Alex has any criticisms of the Stormbreaker game in Chapter 9, "Night Visitors," Alex says he is surprised the game does not have what?
(a) Color graphics.
(b) More than ten levels.
(c) 3-D acceleration.
(d) Save points.
10. What does Alex see being inserted into the computer screens in Chapter 12, "Behind the Door"?
(c) Odd Discs.
(d) Metal vials.
11. When Alex finds enough light in the mine tunnels, he is able to see the colors of the rock which are what in Chapter 12, "Behind the Door"?
(a) White and brown.
(b) White and black.
(c) Black and gray.
(d) Brown and gray.
12. What does Alex see "perched like a fabulous silver coin, balancing effortlessly on its rim" in Chapter 16, "Twelve O'Clock"?
(a) The Millenium Wheel.
(b) The Disc of Time.
(c) The Token of Eternity.
(d) The Token of the Universe.
13. What river does Alex see cutting through London in Chapter 16, "Twelve O'Clock"?
(a) The River Caldew.
(b) The River Petteril.
(c) The River Duddon.
(d) The River Thames.
14. What does Alex tell Sayle his father's occupation is in Chapter 9, "Night Visitors"?
(a) Appliance repairman.
(b) Race car driver.
15. Alex estimates his walk to Port Tallon to be how far from Sayle Enterprises in Chapter 10, "Death in the Long Grass"?
(a) 2 miles.
(b) 6.2 miles.
(c) 9 miles.
(d) 3.8 miles.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of local affairs does the librarian tell Alex that Ian Rider had been interested in?
2. Alex gets tricked into falling into the aquarium with the jellyfish by whom in Chapter 14, "Deep Water"?
3. What is the man in the thickly knitted jersey reading when Alex enters the library in Chapter 11, "Dozmary Mine"?
4. Alex watches as two guards are sprayed with white steam and wonders if they are being what in Chapter 12, "Behind the Door"?
5. What is the bet that Sayle and Alex make in Chapter 9, "Night Visitors"?
This section contains 520 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)