|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Alex use to escape the aquarium in Chapter 14, "Deep Water"?
(a) Suction cups.
(b) A rope.
(c) Zit cream.
(d) An ice pick.
2. What color is the silk suit worn by Herod Sayle in Chapter 13, "The School Bully"?
3. What does Sayle say his butler will be serving for lunch tomorrow in Chapter 9, "Night Visitors"?
4. How many hours does Alex spend toying with the Stormbreaker in Chapter 10, "Death in the Long Grass"?
5. When Alex finds enough light in the mine tunnels, he is able to see the colors of the rock which are what in Chapter 12, "Behind the Door"?
(a) White and black.
(b) Brown and gray.
(c) White and brown.
(d) Black and gray.
6. When Sayle hits a foul, how many points is it to Alex in Chapter 9, "Night Visitors"?
7. What is Ms. Vole's first name in the narrative?
8. What emerges from the water as Alex watches from behind the truck in Chapter 9, "Night Visitors"?
(a) A shark.
(b) A geyser.
(c) A submarine.
(d) A seal.
9. What does Alex trigger with his Game Boy, saving himself from Mr. Grin in Chapter 16, "Twelve O'Clock"?
(a) A rocket.
(b) A land mine.
(c) A helicopter.
(d) A smoke bomb.
10. The boxes which are loaded in the back of the truck are about the size of what in Alex's estimation in Chapter 9, "Night Visitors"?
(c) Toaster ovens.
(d) Desk chairs.
11. To what entrance of the mine is Alex heading in Chapter 11, "Dozmary Mine"?
(a) Liverpool Tunnel.
(b) Newcastle Shaft.
(c) Dozmary Tunnel.
(d) Kerneweck Shaft.
12. Where does Alex order the plane flown in Chapter 15, "Eleven O'Clock"?
(a) The Parliament Building.
(b) The Supreme Court.
(c) The Hospital.
(d) The Science Museum.
13. The virus in the computers is described as "Worse even than the stuff ____ was brewing up in the Gulf War."
(c) Saudi Arabia.
14. According to the book Alex reads in the library in Chapter 11, "Dozmary Mine," by the 1990s there were how many mines in Cornwall?
15. The virus Sayle has infected the Stormbreaker computers with is a variation of what?
Short Answer Questions
1. It is just before what time when the guards come in with Mr. Grin and lead Alex out of the dungeon in Chapter 13, "The School Bully"?
2. What is the date at the beginning of Chapter 10, "Death in the Long Grass"?
3. What is the third question Herod Sayle presents to Alex in Chapter 13, "The School Bully"?
4. How many people are staring up in shock at Alex when he crashes into the Science Museum in Chapter 16, "Twelve O'Clock"?
5. When Alex looks down from the observation platform, he sees how many laboratory workers in Chapter 12, "Behind the Door"?
This section contains 463 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)