|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Natural History Museum is located on what street in London?
(a) Mortimer Street.
(b) Stamford Street.
(c) Marylebone Road.
(d) Cromwell Road.
2. When was Anthony Horowitz born?
3. What river does Alex see cutting through London in Chapter 16, "Twelve O'Clock"?
(a) The River Thames.
(b) The River Petteril.
(c) The River Caldew.
(d) The River Duddon.
4. What kind of stew does Alex have at Sayle's house in Chapter 9, "Night Visitors"?
5. What color is the silk suit worn by Herod Sayle in Chapter 13, "The School Bully"?
6. What does Alex use to escape the aquarium in Chapter 14, "Deep Water"?
(a) Suction cups.
(b) An ice pick.
(c) Zit cream.
(d) A rope.
7. What is the third question Herod Sayle presents to Alex in Chapter 13, "The School Bully"?
(a) "Who are you?"
(b) "Who sent you here?"
(c) "How much do you know?"
(d) "How do I know you?"
8. What happens to the guard who drops one of the metal boxes in Chapter 9, "Night Visitors"?
(a) He is slapped.
(b) He is shot.
(c) He is fired.
(d) He is yelled at.
9. The meanest bully to Herod Sayle when he was in school turned out to be what?
(a) A dentist.
(b) A rock star.
(c) A criminal.
(d) Prime Minister.
10. What does Alex initially attempt to break the aquarium glass with in Chapter 14, "Deep Water"?
(a) A hammer.
(b) A rock.
(c) A scuba tank.
(d) A diamond ring.
11. Who does Sayle say found Alex snooping in Chapter 9, "Night Visitors"?
(a) Mr. Crowley.
(b) Jack Starbright.
(c) Mr. Blunt.
(d) Fraulein Vole.
12. What is Ms. Vole's first name in the narrative?
13. What does Alex refer to as a "Victorian pile" below him in Chapter 16, "Twelve O'Clock"?
(a) Albert Hall.
(b) Oxford University.
(c) The Science Museum.
(d) Imperial College.
14. What does Alex trigger with his Game Boy, saving himself from Mr. Grin in Chapter 16, "Twelve O'Clock"?
(a) A helicopter.
(b) A rocket.
(c) A land mine.
(d) A smoke bomb.
15. What device does Alex use to attach himself to the plane in Chapter 15, "Eleven O'Clock"?
(a) A seatbelt.
(b) A Gameboy.
(c) A yo-yo.
(d) A bottle of zit cream.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the book label that Alex discovers on the sheet of paper while in the library in Chapter 11, "Dozmary Mine"?
2. Who awakens Alex in the beginning of Chapter 10, "Death in the Long Grass"?
3. How much does Alex win in his bet with Sayle in Chapter 9, "Night Visitors"?
4. What is the date at the beginning of Chapter 10, "Death in the Long Grass"?
5. How many years ago does Herod Sayle say he came to this country in Chapter 13, "The School Bully"?
This section contains 426 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)