|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What painting dominates the hall in the home at Sayle Enterprises in Chapter 7, "Physalia Physalia"?
(a) Portrait of Dr. Gachet.
(b) Mona Lisa.
(c) Judgment Day.
(d) Vase with Fifteen Sunflowers.
2. What is the occupation of Felix Lester's mother?
(a) Museum director.
(d) Jewelry designer.
3. What does "SAS" stand for in the novel?
(a) Stealth Air Squadron.
(b) Stealth Airborne Sequence.
(c) Secret Automated Squadron.
(d) Special Air Service.
4. What is the name of the salvage yard where Alex saw his uncle's car after his uncle died?
(a) May and Clarkson.
(b) Wreck City.
(c) Stryker and Son.
(d) Nuts and Bolts.
5. What drink does Alex ask for in Mr. Crawley's office in Chapter 3, "Royal and General"?
(c) Dr. Pepper.
6. How old is Alex Rider in the novel?
7. What refers to a devotion to one's country?
8. What giant creature is in the aquarium at Sayle Enterprises?
(a) A shark.
(b) A jellyfish.
(c) An octopus.
(d) A ray.
9. How does Alex describe the bedroom in which he awakens in Chapter 4, "So What Do You Say?"
10. What is Mr. Blunt's first name?
11. The stun grenade on the obstacle course in Chapter 5, "Double O Nothing" is a small device filled with a mixture of magnesium powder and what?
(a) Mercury fulminate.
(c) Carbon Monoxide.
(d) Potassium sulfate.
12. There are caffeine and what kind of tablets in Alex's survival pack in Chapter 5, "Double O Nothing"?
(c) Water purification.
13. Alex is somewhere along what mountain range in Chapter 5, "Double O Nothing"?
(a) The Himalayas.
(b) The Swiss Alps.
(c) Brecon Beacons.
(d) The Rocky Mountains.
14. How many men are in the unit Alex joins in Chapter 5, "Double O Nothing"?
15. What is next to the camera behind the one way mirror in the elevator in Chapter 3, "Royal and General"?
(a) An optic sensor.
(b) A thermal intensifier.
(c) An electro-magnet.
(d) A sign.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Alex have a gash as he travels in Chapter 5, "Double O Nothing"?
2. What is the occupation of Felix Lester's father?
3. What was Mr. Sayle's butler's occupation, before he became a butler?
4. To whom does Alex send the diagram he finds in Chapter 8, "Looking for Trouble"?
5. What does RV stand for in the novel?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)