|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Harry say he usually thinks about when he is feeling low?
2. What does Susan tell Harry in chapter fifteen as she gets in her car to leave?
3. What does Harry hit Morgan with in chapter twenty-three when Morgan tells Harry to sit down?
4. What does Harry say about the future?
5. What does Harry call on to use to kill the Scorpion while in the elevator?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens in chapter twenty-one when Harry calls his office?
2. What does Monica say about her sister and her sister's death?
3. Describe the scene in chapter nineteen when Harry meets the photographer.
4. Describe the conversation that Harry has with himself while he is laying on the floor in Linda's apartment.
5. How does Harry describe his father in chapter seventeen?
6. What does the photographer tell Harry about what he knows in chapter nineteen?
7. Describe the crime scene where Linda's body is discovered.
8. Describe what Harry sees when he looks into Monica's eyes and they soul gaze.
9. What happens when Harry realizes he could kill everyone in the house right then?
10. What happens when Harry goes into McAnally's in chapter twenty-three?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Part 1) What effect does Harry's childhood seem to have had on Harry?
Part 2) In what ways does Harry seem a typical orphan?
Part 3) Given the way that Harry describes his father, what about Harry seems to be the same as his father? In what ways is he different from his father?
Essay Topic 2
Harry and Murphy have a connection and are very much alike in many ways.
Part 1) Compare the characters of Murphy and Harry. In what ways are they the same? How do they differ?
Part 2) Is there any indication that Harry and Murphy will be able to mend their relationship? Explain your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Part 1) What well known superstitions and myths did the author use in his book that most people would be familiar with? An example of this might be that vampires don't like day light.
Part 2) What in the book was unique to Jim Butcher's world? Are these differences easy to understand and grasp?
This section contains 980 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)