|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the person say that they are when they appear to Harry in chapter fourteen?
2. What does Harry smell from his attacker after creating a spell in chapter sixteen?
3. What does Monica say is one of the things that would happen when her husband would get angry after he found the magic?
4. What does Susan say at the end of chapter fourteen after she has thrown up all the potions?
5. What does Gimpy pull out of his pocket while in the restaurant.
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens in chapter twenty-one when Harry calls his office?
2. Describe the scene in chapter sixteen when Harry is attacked.
3. What does Harry find while at Linda's apartment that gives him some hope?
4. What does Marcone give as the reason that he isn't willing to help Harry in chapter seventeen?
5. What does the photographer tell Harry about what he knows in chapter nineteen?
6. What happens when Harry gets into the elevator?
7. What does Harry decide when Murphy asks him to tell her what he knows and what he is keeping hidden in chapter fifteen?
8. In chapter twenty-three Harry has to walk away from an injured Murphy. What is Harry thinking of as he walks away?
9. What happens when Harry first arrives at Marcone's club?
10. What does Harry find when he enters his office in chapter twenty-two?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Part 1) Which of the plots in the story come to a conclusion?
Part 2) Which of the plots in the story can not be answered? Explain.
Part 3) Which of the plots in the story will most likely be seen again later in the series? Explain why you think this.
Essay Topic 2
Part 1) What does Harry's encounter with the ThreeEye junkie reveal about Harry?
Part 2) Is there any indication that Victor isn't addicted to the ThreeEye the same as the junkies or that he has more control over it? Explain the difference in Victor's behavior and that of the junkie.
Essay Topic 3
Part 1) What effect does Harry's childhood seem to have had on Harry?
Part 2) In what ways does Harry seem a typical orphan?
Part 3) Given the way that Harry describes his father, what about Harry seems to be the same as his father? In what ways is he different from his father?
This section contains 1,087 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)