|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Monica say her husband worked before her husband lost his job?
2. What does Monica Sells do when Harry calls her in chapter twelve?
3. What does Harry believe he sees out of the corner of his eye in chapter four when he begins to use the phone?
4. What does Bob reside in?
5. What does Harry do when Morgan puts his hand on Harry's arm?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are in the three envelopes that Harry recieves from Monica?
2. In chapter eight how does Harry describe Mister?
3. What happens in chapter eleven when Harry and Murphy sit down to talk in her office?
4. Describe what happens when Harry tells Bianca he has come to talk to her about Jennifer?
5. What does Harry find out about John Marcone in chapter three during a soul gaze?
6. How does Harry describe Morgan?
7. What is Harry's problem with electronics?
8. In chapter four what does Monica tell Harry about her husband?
9. What happens in chapter ten when Harry goes to find Linda Randall for the first time to talk to her?
10. Describe the item that Monica gives to Harry as the only thing that Victor left behind when he left home.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Part 1) Which other characters in the book seem to have the potential to have been a lead character as Harry was? Explain your answer.
Part 2) Which characters in the story do you feel will not be seen again or will have no larger part than what they have already have? Explain what makes you think this.
Essay Topic 2
Part 1) What effect does Harry's childhood seem to have had on Harry?
Part 2) In what ways does Harry seem a typical orphan?
Part 3) Given the way that Harry describes his father, what about Harry seems to be the same as his father? In what ways is he different from his father?
Essay Topic 3
Part 1) From what is seen in the story write an explanation about soul gazing and how it works.
Part 2) What does it reveal about Marcone that he is able to soul gaze with Harry seemingly without being affected? Explain.
This section contains 969 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)