|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Harry's advertisement NOT say that he will NOT do?
2. What does Harry realize when Morgan says he believes it was Harry that committed the murders?
3. How does Harry describe Lake Providence where Victor Sells had lived?
4. What does Monica say about her husband's family?
5. What does Harry realize in chapter eleven after working all night on how to make someone's heart rip out of their chest?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens in chapter eleven when Harry and Murphy sit down to talk in her office?
2. What happens in McAnnaly's pub?
3. Describe the scene when Murphy take Harry home.
4. What happens when the mysterious woman calls Harry in chapter one?
5. What is Harry's problem with electronics?
6. What happens in chapter ten when Harry goes to find Linda Randall for the first time to talk to her?
7. In chapter four what does Monica tell Harry about her husband?
8. What happens in chapter seven when Morgan appears to confront Harry?
9. How does Harry describe Morgan?
10. Describe the item that Monica gives to Harry as the only thing that Victor left behind when he left home.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Part 1) Describe Morgan's character.
Part 2) Is there any indication that Morgan's role as someone that harrases Harry will change over the course of the series? Explain your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Part 1) From what is seen in the story write an explanation about soul gazing and how it works.
Part 2) What does it reveal about Marcone that he is able to soul gaze with Harry seemingly without being affected? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
When Harry is standing outside Victor Sells's house Harry feels the draw of the negative energy in realizing that he could kill Victor Sells without even going in the house.
Part 1) What does it reveal about Harry's personality that he feels this draw?
Part 2) What does it reveal to the reader about the draw of the dark magic?
This section contains 1,041 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)