|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Harry say is the reason that Morgan wouldn't have done the murders just to set Harry up?
2. Who forces Harry into a car when he is on the way back to his office to meet Monica?
3. What does Harry realize in chapter eleven after working all night on how to make someone's heart rip out of their chest?
4. What does Harry give Linda before she leaves?
5. What does the young man tell Harry he can see?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe what happens in chapter one when the mail man comes to Harry's door.
2. How does Harry describe Victor's house when he first goes there to investigate?
3. What does Harry gather about the Beckitts when they walk out of the air port entrance?
4. Why does Harry not want to find out about this spell?
5. What happens when the mysterious woman calls Harry in chapter one?
6. In chapter four what does Monica tell Harry about her husband?
7. What happens when Harry leaves the crime scene in chapter two?
8. What happens in chapter eleven when Harry and Murphy sit down to talk in her office?
9. Describe the scene when Murphy take Harry home.
10. What does Harry find out about John Marcone in chapter three during a soul gaze?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Part 1) If Monica hadn't asked Harry to look for her husband would Harry have been able to tie together the pieces when he did?
Part 2) What effect did the attacks on Harry from Gimpy have? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Part 1) Which of the plots in the story come to a conclusion?
Part 2) Which of the plots in the story can not be answered? Explain.
Part 3) Which of the plots in the story will most likely be seen again later in the series? Explain why you think this.
Essay Topic 3
Part 1) From what is seen in the story write an explanation about soul gazing and how it works.
Part 2) What does it reveal about Marcone that he is able to soul gaze with Harry seemingly without being affected? Explain.
This section contains 989 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)