|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Harry hear as he begins to leave Linda Randall's apartment in chapter eighteen?
(a) A police scanner.
(b) A demon speaking.
(c) Someone opening the door.
(d) A cat crying.
2. What does Harry find when he gets to his office in chapter twenty-two?
(a) Murphy has been shot.
(b) Murphy is waiting for Harry.
(c) Murphy has been poisoned.
(d) Murphy is under a spell.
3. What does Harry hit Morgan with in chapter twenty-three when Morgan tells Harry to sit down?
(a) A chair.
(b) A bottle.
(c) His fist.
(d) A spell.
4. What does Harry say about the future?
(a) One sign can mean many things.
(b) It is set solidly in place based on the people involved.
(c) It is hard to read.
(d) It can always be changed.
5. What wakes Harry up in the beginning of chapter thirteen?
(a) A knock on the door.
(d) The phone.
Short Answer Questions
1. What feeling does Harry say he has in chapter eighteen when he walks out of Marcone's place?
2. What does Harry say that he is doing in chapter eighteen when he asks himself what he is doing?
3. What does Mac say to Harry as Harry leaves?
4. What does Harry smell from his attacker after creating a spell in chapter sixteen?
5. What does Harry realize when the scorpion comes after him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Harry gets into the elevator?
2. What does Harry realize in chapter thirteen when he awakens to a thunderstorm?
3. In chapter twenty-three Harry has to walk away from an injured Murphy. What is Harry thinking of as he walks away?
4. Describe the scene in chapter nineteen when Harry meets the photographer.
5. What happens when Harry first arrives at Marcone's club?
6. How does Harry describe his father in chapter seventeen?
7. Describe the crime scene where Linda's body is discovered.
8. What happens in chapter twenty-one when Harry calls his office?
9. What does the photographer tell Harry about what he knows in chapter nineteen?
10. Describe what happens when the figure of the killer appears to Harry outside his apartment in chapter fourteen?
This section contains 976 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)