|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word does Harry NOT use to describe his father?
(a) A dreamer.
(b) A hopeless loser.
(c) A good man.
(d) A generous man.
2. What does Harry hit Morgan with in chapter twenty-three when Morgan tells Harry to sit down?
(a) A bottle.
(b) A spell.
(c) A chair.
(d) His fist.
3. What magic item does Harry have left after getting out of his office in chapter twenty-three?
(a) His blasting rod.
(b) His father's trick dice.
(c) His bracelet.
(d) His mother's talisman.
4. Who does Harry decide is the key to solving the case at the end of chapter nineteen?
(b) Monica Sells.
(d) Victor Sells.
5. Where does Harry initially hide when someone enters the apartment in chapter nineteen?
(a) Behind an invisibility spell.
(b) In the bathroom.
(c) Under the bed.
(d) Behind the door.
6. What does Harry say is the reason Susan feels sick after taking the escape potion?
(a) The sudden jolt from where they stopped.
(b) She has never taken a potion before.
(c) Mixing potions.
(d) The escape potion does that.
7. What does Marcone say is the only thing he has been able to learn from any of the people that they catch that work for the murderer?
(a) That he is unstoppable.
(b) That he speaks to them in dreams.
(c) That it is a woman.
(d) The man is always in the shadows.
8. What does Monica admit is the relationship between her and Jennifer?
(a) They were sisters.
(b) They were friends in school.
(c) They were lovers.
(d) They were cousins.
9. What does Harry say to himself when he realizes he is going to have to face Victor alone with no weapon other than what he has inside himself?
(a) He knows he cannot win.
(b) He hopes that he is a good guy.
(c) That will have to be enough.
(d) Maybe the universe will be with him.
10. What does Harry say his father died of?
(a) Hit by a car.
(b) No one is sure.
(c) An aneurism.
(d) A heart attack.
11. What does Harry say is his proof that Gimpy attacked him?
(a) The scratches Gimpy has on his hand.
(b) The video surveillance from the gas station where Harry was attacked.
(c) The hair Gimpy has in his pocket.
(d) A truth spell.
12. How old does Monica say that her son was when her husband discovered magic?
(d) A week old.
13. When Harry tries to call Murphy in chapter twenty-one where does Harry learn she has gone?
(a) To see Marcone.
(b) To talk to Bianca.
(c) Out of town.
(d) His office with a warrant.
14. Where does Harry end up while tracking his attacker in the beginning of chapter seventeen.
(a) Marcone's house.
(b) A club.
(c) The sewer.
(d) The police station.
15. What does the attacker take from Harry?
(a) Cuts off one of Harry's fingers.
(b) A lock of hair.
(c) His wallet.
(d) A piece of Harry's coat.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Susan have in her hand when she comes up the stairs?
2. What does Harry say it is when Susan asks what creature is at the door?
3. What does Harry hear as Murphy opens the drawer containing the talisman belonging to Victor?
4. What does Harry find in chapter eighteen under the bed?
5. What does Harry suddenly feel when he grabs his mother's pentacle in chapter twenty-four?
This section contains 584 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)