|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Harry NOT say has tarnished science?
(a) Crack babies.
(b) Complacent Americans.
(c) Unsolved Genetic disorders.
(d) Exploding space shuttles.
2. What does Harry say that wizards learn to do quickly with their Third Eye ability?
(a) Use it.
(b) Keep it closed.
(c) Stretch it to their own futures.
(d) Banish it.
3. What is Bob's job?
(a) Guide young wizards.
(b) Keep ghosts away.
(c) Keep watch.
(d) Provide information.
4. What does Harry say is the max amount of wizards that can be used to do a spell?
5. What is the drug Harry is reading about when in McAnally's pub?
6. What does Harry threaten to do when Bob refuses to make the escape potion?
(a) Throw Bob down a well.
(b) Curse Bob to the Nevernever.
(c) Sell Bob in a yard sell.
(d) Let Mister take Bob out for a walk.
7. What reason does Harry give that faeries will fall for the same traps over and over?
(a) They are very dumb.
(b) They are often drunk.
(c) They don't retain memories.
(d) They can't reason.
8. What does Harry accidentally agree to in chapter five while Susan is talking to him?
(a) Soulgaze with her again.
(b) Go on a date with her.
(c) Give her an exclusive about the murders.
(d) Show her how to do magic.
9. What does Harry believe he sees out of the corner of his eye in chapter four when he begins to use the phone?
(a) The dried scorpion move.
(b) The front door open.
(c) The picture of Victor Sells move.
(d) A spirit go through a wall.
10. What does Harry say that Toot toot's job in the Nevernever is like?
(a) A lawyer.
(b) A librarian.
(c) A dockworker.
(d) A parol officer.
11. What does Harry notice about the Beckitts when the come out to get into the car?
(a) The woman has tried to cover up bruises with make-up.
(b) Neither are wearing any wedding rings or jewlery.
(c) They have fresh vampire bites on them.
(d) They pretend not to see each other as they walk out.
12. Who is waiting for Harry when he gets home in chapter eight?
13. What type of thing does Harry say the killer would need in order to commit the murders through Thaumaturgy?
(a) A voodoo doll.
(b) A bottle of the people's fresh blood.
(c) A bomb sewn inside the people.
(d) A bound spirit.
14. What does Harry say it is the prerogative of wizards to be?
15. How does Harry describe Lake Providence where Victor Sells had lived?
(a) The houses were not fancy but new.
(b) The city was trying to get some of the houses condemned.
(c) It was high class.
(d) It was a rough neighborhood.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Harry when he gets home in chapter ten?
2. What does NOT go into the escape spell?
3. What kind of car is Linda Randall in when Harry finds her in chapter ten?
4. What does Linda Randall do for the Beckitt family?
5. What does Bob want to make when they make the escape potion?
This section contains 550 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)