|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Jack's profession?
2. Who is the person who takes the position in #141?
3. The woman in "A Room" seems to have _____________________.
4. Maureen's mother had hoped that Maureen would become a/an _______________.
5. Who is the oldest of Susan and Matthew's children?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Tony Head's drawbacks according to Maureen?
2. What seems to be missing from Matthew and Susan's life as their marriage extends?
3. What is the premise of "A Room"?
4. What was Jack's former profession?
5. What could be the double meanings for the title, "Between Men"?
6. What was life like for Matthew and Susan Rawlings prior to their marriage?
7. What is Maureen's father's perspective on Maureen's life?
8. Why does Susan fabricate having a lover?
9. What is the premise of "The Temptation of Jack Orkney"?
10. How do Maureen and Shirley become friends in "Notes for a Case History"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Create a character study of Susan Rawlings from "To Room Nineteen". What are her physical characteristics? What are her motivations? What are her fears? What are her dreams? What else can you say about Susan?
Essay Topic 2
The frustration of unfulfilled affection touches several characters in the stories. Name at least two characters who experience unfulfilled love and the situations that occur as a result.
Essay Topic 3
Does Keyes end James Orkney's story on a note of hope for him or the continuance of his struggle to come to terms with his flawed relationship with his father? Give your perspective and two reasons to support your answer.
This section contains 919 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)