|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the woman in #172 do for the old man?
(a) Sings to him.
(b) Reads to him.
(c) Feeds him.
(d) Watches TV with him.
2. What is Isaac Babel's profession?
3. Why is Jack Orkney summoned to his father's home?
(a) His father needs some maintenance on the house.
(b) His father has had an accident.
(c) His father is having a party.
(d) His father is dying.
4. Jack's wife is studying for a degree in _________________.
(a) social work.
5. What is the key to Jack's happiness?
(a) Cultivating his relationship with Rosemary.
(b) Learning a foreign language.
(c) Breaking ties with his family.
(d) Opening his own business.
Short Answer Questions
1. What debt does Hetty skip out on?
2. The woman is reminded of a potter named ____________________.
3. What is Judith's profession in "Our Friend Judith"?
4. What is Maureen's last name in "Notes for a Case History"?
5. In what country is Jack's new job located?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Maureen and Shirley become friends in "Notes for a Case History"?
2. Why does Susan fabricate having a lover?
3. What does Catherine learn from Isaac Babel?
4. What is the premise of "England Versus England"?
5. What is the premise of "Homage for Isaac Babel"?
6. What seems to be missing from Matthew and Susan's life as their marriage extends?
7. What is the premise of "Our Friend Judith"?
8. What happens in the story after Hetty's death?
9. What are Tony Head's drawbacks according to Maureen?
10. What is the premise of "An Old Woman and Her Cat"?
This section contains 868 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)