|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What profession does Maureen pursue?
2. What does Susan do when Matthew admits to having an affair?
(a) She forgives him.
(b) She hangs herself.
(c) She files for divorce.
(d) She shoots him.
3. Why does Hetty spend a lot of time in the streets?
(a) She has a job selling hot dogs.
(b) She is a flower vendor.
(c) She enjoys meeting new people.
(d) She doesn't like being home alone.
4. Who was Hetty's husband?
5. With whom has Maureen most recently been involved?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hetty use to move her belongings?
2. Where does Susan work?
3. What does the woman in #136 bring when interrupting Susan?
4. What realization does Jack come to after his father's death?
5. Why is Jack Orkney summoned to his father's home?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the premise of "The Temptation of Jack Orkney"?
2. How do Maureen and Shirley become friends in "Notes for a Case History"?
3. What is the significance of the story's title?
4. What is Maureen's father's perspective on Maureen's life?
5. Describe Hetty's existence as a homeless woman with no family.
6. What was life like for Matthew and Susan Rawlings prior to their marriage?
7. What could be the double meanings for the title, "Between Men"?
8. Why does Susan think she is a hypocrite prior to her death?
9. How do Maureen and Peggy determine to move forward with their lives in "Between Men"?
10. What does Jack's dream reveal to him?
This section contains 959 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)