|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What profession does Maureen pursue?
2. Jack's wife is studying for a degree in _________________.
(b) social work.
3. At what type of company does Maureen work?
(a) Graphic design.
(c) Interior design.
(d) Heating & air conditioning.
4. How does Hetty make a living?
(b) Playing guitar.
(c) Waiting tables.
(d) Selling rags.
5. What does Hetty name the stray cat she finds?
(b) Mr. Pibb.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Hetty's last name?
2. The woman in "A Room" seems to have _____________________.
3. Who is the oldest of Susan and Matthew's children?
4. What revives Hetty enough that she thinks she might live through the winter?
5. Which man believes Maureen is making a mistake by dating the man in #120?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Maureen's father's perspective on Maureen's life?
2. What does Jack's dream reveal to him?
3. Why is Hetty originally willing to move from the streets to an official home and what stops her?
4. What does the potter symbolize in "Two Potters"?
5. What is the premise of "Homage for Isaac Babel"?
6. What happens in the story after Hetty's death?
7. What is the premise of "A Room"?
8. Why does Susan consider leaving a note for the coroner before she dies?
9. What is the premise of "England Versus England"?
10. Why does Susan fabricate having a lover?
This section contains 866 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)