|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the duration of Jack's new job?
(a) Two years.
(b) Ten years.
(c) Five years.
(d) Six months.
2. Who does Catherine visit in "Homage for Isaac Babel"?
3. What makes Catherine cry during the visit?
(a) A bee sting.
(b) Hurt feelings.
(d) A movie.
4. Which one of Cedric's daughter's does Jack's father want to see?
5. At what age do Maureen and Shirley drop out of school?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Hetty's last name?
2. What is Shirley's last name?
3. At what type of company does Maureen work?
4. Which young man does Maureen date at her company?
5. What happens when the potter in the woman's dream sprinkles water on the item in #98?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the time period of "An Old Woman and Her Cat"?
2. What was Jack's former profession?
3. What is Maureen's father's perspective on Maureen's life?
4. What is the premise of "England Versus England"?
5. How do Maureen and Shirley become friends in "Notes for a Case History"?
6. What is the premise of "Our Friend Judith"?
7. What is the premise of "The Temptation of Jack Orkney"?
8. Describe Hetty's existence as a homeless woman with no family.
9. Why does Susan consider leaving a note for the coroner before she dies?
10. Why is Hetty originally willing to move from the streets to an official home and what stops her?
This section contains 849 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)