|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The woman in "A Room" seems to have _____________________.
(a) forgotten her name.
(b) traveled back in time.
(c) taken a wrong turn.
(d) lost her keys.
2. Which young man does Maureen date at her company?
(a) Stanley Hurt.
(b) Clayton Hall.
(c) Phillip Sloane.
(d) Mason Grosvenor.
3. In "Two Potters" a woman dreams about a _______________.
(c) birthday party.
(d) day at the beach.
4. Who was Hetty's husband?
5. Jack's wife is studying for a degree in _________________.
(a) social work.
Short Answer Questions
1. At what age do Maureen and Shirley drop out of school?
2. Who is the maid at Susan and Matthew's home?
3. What is Maureen's father's perspective on Maureen's relationship with Stanley?
4. What happens when the potter in the woman's dream sprinkles water on the item in #98?
5. What type of business do Maureen and Shirley's parents have in common?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jack do with his life after the death of his father?
2. What seems to be missing from Matthew and Susan's life as their marriage extends?
3. What was life like for Matthew and Susan Rawlings prior to their marriage?
4. How do Maureen and Shirley become friends in "Notes for a Case History"?
5. What is the premise of "Our Friend Judith"?
6. What happens in the story after Hetty's death?
7. What does Jack's dream reveal to him?
8. What is the significance of the story's title?
9. What is Jack's relationship with his siblings?
10. Why is Hetty originally willing to move from the streets to an official home and what stops her?
This section contains 1,039 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)