|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of business is Mrs. Pearson planning on opening?
(a) An interior design shop.
(b) A flower shop.
(c) An antiques shop.
(d) A bakery.
2. Why does Annie's husband leave abruptly?
(a) He has a migraine.
(b) He has to attend a meeting.
(c) He just realized how late it is.
(d) He can tell Annie is angry.
3. What is Hamish's last name?
4. How old is Harry?
5. What does the man in #44 request of Hamish and Mary?
(a) To loan him some money.
(b) To facilitate his move to Britain.
(c) To be his dinner guests.
(d) To share a cab to the airport.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does George learn about the woman in #3?
2. In what country is the young couple vacationing?
3. Where do Jerry and his mother go for a holiday?
4. Who do Hamish and Mary meet during dinner one night?
5. How does Jerry prepare to make the special dive like the other boys?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is the story, "How I Lost My Heart", different from some of the other stories in the book?
2. What is the irony of Jimmy calling Rose selfish?
3. What angers George about the way Rose notifies him of her mother's death?
4. How do Mary and Hamish view people differently?
5. What does the woman in "How I Finally Lost My Heart" realize she is holding in her hands?
6. What is the premise of "Pleasure"?
7. What is the premise of "One off the Short List"?
8. What is the irony of the way Mary views Betty Clarke?
9. What is the premise of "He"?
10. What is the significance of the author leaving the heart behind?
This section contains 961 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)