|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Jimmie not let Rose to move in with him?
(a) He is married.
(b) He lives with his parents.
(c) He fears commitment.
(d) His apartment is too small.
2. Why can the woman in #84 not rid her hands of the item?
(a) It was very expensive.
(b) It has sentimental value.
(c) It will be necessary later.
(d) It is stuck to her fingers.
3. What drink does Annie's husband spill when he comes to see her?
4. Why is Annie mad at her former husband when he comes to see her?
(a) He calls her by some other woman's name.
(b) He is drunk.
(c) His shoes leave dirt on the floor.
(d) He is slovenly dressed.
5. Why are Hamish and Mary uncomfortable on their vacation?
(a) They are quarreling.
(b) They are sunburned.
(c) They remember Hitler's devastation.
(d) They lost their traveler's checks.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the cause of George's divorce?
2. What does George learn about the woman in #3?
3. Who takes the woman's heart at the end of the story?
4. What is the name of the resort town where the young couple is on vacation?
5. Who do Hamish and Mary visit in the city?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the premise of "Wine"?
2. How do George's fears about Rose canceling their wedding plans come true?
3. What is the premise of "One off the Short List"?
4. What is "The Eye of God in Paradise"?
5. What does George learn from his ex-wife about the cause of his divorce?
6. What is the premise of "A Man and Two Women"?
7. Why is George especially drawn to Bobby?
8. What is the premise of "The Day Stalin Died"?
9. What does the woman in "How I Finally Lost My Heart" realize she is holding in her hands?
10. What is the premise of "He"?
This section contains 978 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)