|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following do Hamish and Mary NOT think about Dr. Kroll?
(a) He may have killed patients.
(b) He might have done experiments on humans.
(c) He probably worked under Hitler.
(d) He is a brilliant plastic surgeon.
2. What can Hamish and Mary tell about the person in #44?
(a) He is a foreigner.
(b) He has had reconstructive surgery.
(c) He is strikingly handsome.
(d) He is grieving.
3. Where do Mary and her husband usually go on vacation?
4. Mrs. Pearson says that she has been divorced from Jimmie for _____________.
(a) one year.
(b) six months.
(c) three years.
(d) ten years.
5. What hobby does Mary's husband share with the husband of the woman in #25?
(c) Stamp collecting.
Short Answer Questions
1. The person in #47 shows his ________________ to Hamish and Mary.
2. What is Mary's favorite holiday?
3. Who is George?
4. Who do Hamish and Mary visit in the city?
5. Why does the woman in #6 refuse George's proposal?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the premise of "A Man and Two Women"?
2. What is the premise of "He"?
3. What do Mary and Hamish suspect about Dr. Kroll?
4. What is the premise of "One off the Short List"?
5. How is Mr. Brooke in "The Witness" typical of Lessing's characters?
6. How does Jimmy blame Rose for his unhappiness?
7. What is "The Eye of God in Paradise"?
8. How does Rose behave after she breaks her engagement to George?
9. What is the premise of "Pleasure"?
10. What is the premise of "The Day Stalin Died"?
This section contains 954 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)