|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom has Maureen most recently been involved?
2. How old was Hetty at the time of her death?
3. At what age do Maureen and Shirley drop out of school?
4. Why does Maureen's mother get frantic?
(a) She has a new job.
(b) She doesn't have her Christmas shopping finished.
(c) She is the head of the library fundraiser.
(d) Stanley is coming to visit.
5. What is Isaac Babel's profession?
6. What does Jack tell the young woman on the train?
(a) A false age.
(b) A false profession.
(c) A false address.
(d) A false name.
7. What does the young man in "England Versus England" want to find?
(a) A different apartment.
(b) A new car.
(c) A suede jacket.
(d) An education.
8. Who is Jack's sister?
9. In what town does Susan rent a room?
10. What makes Catherine cry during the visit?
(a) A movie.
(c) A bee sting.
(d) Hurt feelings.
11. What does Susan see during times of high stress?
(a) Her dead grandmother.
(d) A demon.
12. Jack's wife is studying for a degree in _________________.
(c) social work.
13. What revives Hetty enough that she thinks she might live through the winter?
(c) A rented room.
(d) Hot tea.
14. What is Jack's profession?
15. Which young man does Maureen date at her company?
(a) Mason Grosvenor.
(b) Phillip Sloane.
(c) Stanley Hurt.
(d) Clayton Hall.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Matthew work?
2. What does the woman in #136 bring when interrupting Susan?
3. What is Hetty's last name?
4. What does Susan come to feel about her life?
5. What happens when the potter in the woman's dream sprinkles water on the item in #98?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)