|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many children does Jack have?
2. Why does the man in #120 pursue Maureen?
(a) She would be good for his career.
(b) She is wealthy.
(c) She is incredibly smart.
(d) She is the most beautiful girl he has ever met.
3. What makes Catherine cry during the visit?
(a) A bee sting.
(c) A movie.
(d) Hurt feelings.
4. Which one of Cedric's daughter's does Jack's father want to see?
5. Who was Hetty's husband?
6. The woman is reminded of a potter named ____________________.
(a) Mary Tawnish.
(b) Georgette Adams.
(c) Marguerite Lane.
(d) Janet Lyons.
7. In what year does Hetty die?
8. Where does Hetty die?
(a) A hospice center.
(b) A rundown house.
(c) Her rented room.
(d) A hospital.
9. How does Jack know when his father will die?
(a) The nurse tells him.
(b) He has a dream.
(c) His father tells him.
(d) He talks to his doctor.
10. Who is the oldest of Susan and Matthew's children?
11. Who is the person who takes the position in #141?
12. Why does Maureen's mother get frantic?
(a) She has a new job.
(b) She doesn't have her Christmas shopping finished.
(c) Stanley is coming to visit.
(d) She is the head of the library fundraiser.
13. What does Jack realize about being with his siblings?
(a) He has missed them very much.
(b) He was wrong to agree to see them.
(c) It is not as unpleasant as he thought it would be.
(d) He cannot stand them.
14. Maureen's mother had hoped that Maureen would become a/an _______________.
15. What type of job does Jack take after his father's death?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Susan ask Matthew to hire?
2. What news does Peggy have when she arrives at Maureen's?
3. In what season of the year does Hetty die?
4. In "England Versus England" a young man struggles to find __________________.
5. What does Maureen want to show to the woman in #101?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)