|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Maureen and Shirley are ________________.
(d) best friends.
2. Why does Hetty spend a lot of time in the streets?
(a) She enjoys meeting new people.
(b) She has a job selling hot dogs.
(c) She doesn't like being home alone.
(d) She is a flower vendor.
3. What do Maureen and Stanley have in common?
(a) They are philanthropic.
(b) They are artistic.
(c) They are ambitious.
(d) They are entertainers.
4. Who is the maid at Susan and Matthew's home?
(a) Mrs. Kerrigan.
(b) Mrs. Parkes.
(c) Mrs. Traucht.
(d) Mrs. Tobias.
5. Jack's wife is studying for a degree in _________________.
(a) social work.
6. What is Maureen's last name in "Notes for a Case History"?
7. What does Susan come to feel about her life?
(a) She is mildly troubled.
(b) She is weighed down by responsibilities.
(c) She is ecstatic.
(d) She is happy most days.
8. In what year does Hetty die?
9. What does the young man in "England Versus England" want to find?
(a) A different apartment.
(b) An education.
(c) A new car.
(d) A suede jacket.
10. What happens when the potter in the woman's dream sprinkles water on the item in #98?
(a) It melts.
(b) It dies.
(c) It catches on fire.
(d) It runs away.
11. How does Hetty make a living?
(a) Waiting tables.
(b) Selling rags.
(d) Playing guitar.
12. What does the woman in #172 do for the old man?
(a) Reads to him.
(b) Feeds him.
(c) Sings to him.
(d) Watches TV with him.
13. What profession does Susan declare her imaginary lover to have?
14. What is Maureen Jeffries' profession in "Between Men"?
(b) Interior designer.
15. What has Hetty never had in her life?
(a) A full meal.
(b) A fur coat.
(c) A warm place.
(d) A holiday.
Short Answer Questions
1. The woman is reminded of a potter named ____________________.
2. What fowl does Hetty sometimes eat?
3. What is Shirley's last name?
4. What type of business do Maureen and Shirley's parents have in common?
5. The woman in "A Room" seems to have _____________________.
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)