|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do Hattie's children not stay in contact with her?
(a) She is an embarrassment.
(b) She does not love them.
(c) She won't let them in the house.
(d) She is mean.
2. Why does the man in #120 pursue Maureen?
(a) She is incredibly smart.
(b) She would be good for his career.
(c) She is wealthy.
(d) She is the most beautiful girl he has ever met.
3. How many children does Hetty have?
4. How does Hetty make a living?
(a) Playing guitar.
(b) Waiting tables.
(c) Selling rags.
5. The woman is reminded of a potter named ____________________.
(a) Mary Tawnish.
(b) Janet Lyons.
(c) Georgette Adams.
(d) Marguerite Lane.
6. What debt does Hetty skip out on?
(b) Car payment.
(c) Insurance payment.
(d) Credit card bill.
7. What is Isaac Babel's profession?
8. In what year does Hetty die?
9. Which one of Cedric's daughter's does Jack's father want to see?
10. Which man believes Maureen is making a mistake by dating the man in #120?
11. Where does Susan take a walking holiday?
12. Who does Catherine visit in "Homage for Isaac Babel"?
13. Who is Jack's wife?
14. What profession does Susan declare her imaginary lover to have?
15. Why is Jack Orkney summoned to his father's home?
(a) His father needs some maintenance on the house.
(b) His father has had an accident.
(c) His father is having a party.
(d) His father is dying.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of business do Maureen and Shirley's parents have in common?
2. What does Jack wonder as he travels to his father's house?
3. Where does Susan work?
4. Who is the oldest of Susan and Matthew's children?
5. What fowl does Hetty sometimes eat?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)