|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who takes the woman's heart at the end of the story?
(a) An old man.
(b) A young boy.
(c) A pregnant woman.
(d) A mad woman.
2. Who do Hamish and Mary meet during dinner one night?
(a) Dr. Hensel.
(b) Dr. Wellbaum.
(c) Dr. Schmidt.
(d) Dr. Schroder.
3. Why does Jimmie not let Rose to move in with him?
(a) He lives with his parents.
(b) His apartment is too small.
(c) He fears commitment.
(d) He is married.
4. How does Jerry prepare to make the special dive like the other boys?
(a) He floats in the bathtub.
(b) He swims 8 hours a day.
(c) He sleeps with goggles on.
(d) He holds his breath.
5. What was the cause of George's divorce?
(a) Psychological problems.
(b) Mental cruelty.
(c) His affairs.
(d) Financial problems.
6. What is in the center of one of the paintings that Hamish and Mary view?
(a) A green apple.
(c) A clock.
(d) A large eye.
7. In what country is the young couple vacationing?
8. What does George name his daughter?
9. Why are Hamish and Mary uncomfortable on their vacation?
(a) They are sunburned.
(b) They are quarreling.
(c) They remember Hitler's devastation.
(d) They lost their traveler's checks.
10. What hobby does Mary's husband share with the husband of the woman in #25?
(b) Stamp collecting.
11. Who is Rose's father?
12. What is Mary's last name?
13. What can Hamish and Mary tell about the person in #44?
(a) He is strikingly handsome.
(b) He has had reconstructive surgery.
(c) He is grieving.
(d) He is a foreigner.
14. What has the narrator done with her second lover today?
(a) Had a picnic.
(b) Went sailing.
(c) Had tea.
(d) Flew kites.
15. What does the woman do when the men whistle at her?
(a) Throws a rock at them.
(b) Ignores them.
(c) Calls the police.
(d) Yells at them.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Mary's husband in "Pleasure"?
2. What is the weather like in "A Woman on the Roof"?
3. In "A Man and Two Wome", where have Stella and her husband rented a cottage?
4. How old is Harry?
5. What offer does George make so that Rose will marry him?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)