|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "A Man and Two Wome", where have Stella and her husband rented a cottage?
2. How many men are working on a roof?
3. Why does Mr. Brooks in "The Witness" continue to work past retirement age?
(a) He is the owner of the company.
(b) He is an expert at what he does.
(c) He needs the money.
(d) He is training someone to take over.
4. Where does the author finally set down the item in her hand?
(a) A seat on a train.
(b) A boudoir table.
(c) A shelf in a library.
(d) A table in a cafe.
5. How old is George?
6. What offer does George make so that Rose will marry him?
(a) He will take her on a cruise.
(b) Her father can live with them.
(c) He will buy new appliances.
(d) He will buy her a big house.
7. Where has the woman in #3 moved?
(b) New York.
8. In what country is the young couple vacationing?
9. What does George learn about the woman in #3?
(a) She does not want to return to him.
(b) She wants to marry him.
(c) She is very ill.
(d) She refuses his proposal.
10. What does Mary prepare for their vacation?
11. The author says that she is always ____________________.
(a) writing a novel in her head.
(b) running late.
(c) searching for her next great love.
(d) wishing she were somewhere else.
12. Who takes the woman's heart at the end of the story?
(a) A pregnant woman.
(b) A young boy.
(c) An old man.
(d) A mad woman.
13. What does the woman do when the men whistle at her?
(a) Throws a rock at them.
(b) Ignores them.
(c) Yells at them.
(d) Calls the police.
14. What type of business is Mrs. Pearson planning on opening?
(a) An antiques shop.
(b) A bakery.
(c) A flower shop.
(d) An interior design shop.
15. What is in the center of one of the paintings that Hamish and Mary view?
(b) A clock.
(c) A large eye.
(d) A green apple.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Mary's husband in "Pleasure"?
2. What does Annie realize about taking her husband back?
3. Why does the woman in #6 refuse George's proposal?
4. What was the cause of George's divorce?
5. How does Jerry prepare to make the special dive like the other boys?
This section contains 440 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)