|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Scarlet Moving Van" at the second dinner party, who says he has to "teach them?"
2. What does Donna Carla think of being a commoner?
3. Where does Marlon Brando appear in the book?
4. What is the name of the story with Peaches?
5. How did Charlie act about his life?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mr. Folkestone's behavior change throughout the story?
2. How does the man's wife in "The Chimera" react to Olga?
3. How is Richard described in "The Lowboy?"
4. Even though Charlie was the one that first ran away, why does Marcie want a divorce?
5. How has Marcie moved on with her life by the time Charlie returns?
6. How does the Assunta respond to the old woman in "Montraldo"?
7. How does the husband in "The Chimera" feel after Olga leaves?
8. Describe Gee Gee's behavior when he is sober?
9. Whose inheritance is the subject of "The Lowboy" and why?
10. Although the mother in the "The Angel and the Bridge" is spry and lively, what faults does she have?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In "The Enormous Radio," describe the changes that occur in the character of Irene when she gets a new radio. Be sure to describe her life before the new and radio and her obsessions and attitude afterward.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast Marcie's and her husband's drive for life after their relationship changes. Who controlls the change in the relationship in the beginning and how does that change?
Essay Topic 3
How does assumption play a role in the story about the Seton family and the Italians?
This section contains 592 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)