|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the son in "Reunion" going after his first destination?
2. In "The Angel of the Bridge," what is the mother afraid of in the story about her and her son?
3. A list of short descriptions of people or things that will not or have not appeared in the Cheever appears in the book in what form?
4. In "The Angel of the Bridge," what is the man embarrassed by?
5. What is the narrator in the story about inheritance?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is it about the elderly mother in the "The Angel and the Bridge" that irks her son?
2. How does Mr. Seton act ashamed of his profession?
3. What does Donna Carla think of all of the rumors around her?
4. How does Mr. Folkestone's behavior change throughout the story?
5. What do people in Florence think of the Seton family?
6. Describe Gee Gee's behavior when he is sober?
7. How does the husband in "The Chimera" feel after Olga leaves?
8. Even though Charlie was the one that first ran away, why does Marcie want a divorce?
9. How does the son in the "Reunion" feel about seeing his father?
10. How does Cheever feel about Marlon Brando?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In "The Enormous Radio," Jim explodes at Irene for her obsession with eavesdropping. Why does Jim think he is better than his wife Irene?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast Evarts and Alice Malloys' reasons for traveling from their home in Indiana to Manhatten. What is the driving force for Evarts? How does it differ from Alice's?
Essay Topic 3
How does the father in "The Reunion" alienate others, especially his son? Why does he act the way he does?
This section contains 594 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)