|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Charlie act about his life?
2. What did the wife want to do with her life in "The Chimera?"
3. In "The Angel of the Bridge," what is the man embarrassed by?
4. What happens when the Duke decides to marry his new love?
5. What is the name of the story about inheritance?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the husband in "The Chimera" feel after Olga leaves?
2. What is Donna Carla's family history?
3. How does Cheever feel about Marlon Brando?
4. What kind of impact does the Duke's fall have?
5. What is it about the elderly mother in the "The Angel and the Bridge" that irks her son?
6. How does the Assunta respond to the old woman in "Montraldo"?
7. Whose inheritance is the subject of "The Lowboy" and why?
8. How does the man's wife in "The Chimera" react to Olga?
9. Why does Charlie run away from Marcie and his children?
10. How does Mr. Folkestone's behavior change throughout the story?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the feelings Donna Carla has about her role as a noblewoman. How does that change throughout "The Duchess?"
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the characters of Gee Gee and Mr. Folkestone. How do they become more alike towards the end of the story?
Essay Topic 3
How does Mr. Lawton come to the realization that he is hurting his daughter, and how did she have to suffer before her father learned that lesson?
This section contains 642 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)