|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of story is the one with Irene and Jim Westcott?
2. What is Clarissa's last name in "The Chaste Clarissa?"
3. What upsets Irene?
4. Where did the Whitemores meet?
5. Who arranged the thoughtful gesture from the tenants for James Clancy?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the Pomeroy children do to irk Lawrence?
2. How does Clancy almost get fired?
3. Describe Cash's and Louise's marriage.
4. What is the relationship between the Pomeroy children?
5. What is the background of the relationship between Ralph and Laura Whittemore?
6. Who does the Pomeroy family consist of?
7. How does the story of Irene and Jim Westcott get its name?
8. What type of parents are the Lawtons, in "The Sorrows of Gin?"
9. What does Laura do when she becomes pregnant?
10. How is Clarissa described in "The Chaste Clarissa?"
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In "The Enormous Radio," Jim explodes at Irene for her obsession with eavesdropping. Why does Jim think he is better than his wife Irene?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the feelings Donna Carla has about her role as a noblewoman. How does that change throughout "The Duchess?"
Essay Topic 3
How does the father in "The Reunion" alienate others, especially his son? Why does he act the way he does?
This section contains 519 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)