|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the Whitemores concerned about financially?
2. Who will Clarissa be spending the summer with?
3. Where are the Malloys traveling to?
4. Where does Diana live?
5. What is the title of the story about Amy Lawton?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Clarissa described in "The Chaste Clarissa?"
2. How is Baxter described?
3. How does Cash feel about his former days as a track star in "O Youth and Beauty?"
4. What kind of a housekeeper is Rosemary?
5. What is Cash's wife's life like?
6. Why is Ralph trying to get new jobs and promotions?
7. How does Clancy do when he first starts his job in "Clancy in the Tower of Babel?"
8. Describe Cash's and Louise's marriage.
9. What type of parents are the Lawtons, in "The Sorrows of Gin?"
10. How do Ralph and Laura Whittemore feel about money?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe Clarissa's character and why she finally succumbs to Baxter's attempts to get close to her physically.
Essay Topic 2
In "Clancy in the Tower of Babel," why does Jim judge the tenants, even though he is just a lowly elevator operator? How does it blow up in his face?
Essay Topic 3
In "The Enormous Radio," Jim explodes at Irene for her obsession with eavesdropping. Why does Jim think he is better than his wife Irene?
This section contains 568 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)