|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the injuries force Cash to do?
2. Where are the Whitemores from originally?
3. Who is Louise?
4. What is the name of Mr. Rowantree's friend?
5. Where is Clarissa spending the summer?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the relationship between the Pomeroy children?
2. Who are the Crutchmans in "The Worm in the Apple?"
3. How does Clancy almost get fired?
4. Describe Cash's and Louise's marriage.
5. How is Clarissa described in "The Chaste Clarissa?"
6. How does Cash feel about his former days as a track star in "O Youth and Beauty?"
7. What kind of a housekeeper is Rosemary?
8. What does Laura do when she becomes pregnant?
9. Describe the shared love of Irene and Jim Westcott.
10. How does Clancy do when he first starts his job in "Clancy in the Tower of Babel?"
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the feelings Donna Carla has about her role as a noblewoman. How does that change throughout "The Duchess?"
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the difference in emotions that drive Charlie when he leaves and comes back to his family.
Essay Topic 3
How does Mr. Lawton come to the realization that he is hurting his daughter, and how did she have to suffer before her father learned that lesson?
This section contains 558 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)