|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the son think of his mother's fear in "The Angel of the Bridge"?
(a) He thinks it is ridiculous.
(b) He has the same fear.
(c) He thinks it is somewhat justified.
(d) He understands it.
2. What is the name of the place where Charlie is when the story begins?
(b) SS Augustus.
(c) SS Plano.
(d) Boeing 770.
3. What is the name of the story with Peaches?
(a) "The Lowboy."
(b) "The Scarlet Moving Van."
(c) "The Seton Family."
(d) "The Tower of Babel."
4. Where does Marlon Brando appear in the book?
(a) On the back page.
(b) In the thank yous.
(c) On a list of things that will not appear in the book.
(d) On the cover.
5. What kind of political views does Mr. Seton have?
(d) Sometimes liberal, sometimes conservative.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the setting for "The Chimera"?
2. What happens when the Duke decides to marry his new love?
3. In "The Angel of the Bridge," what is the man embarrassed by?
4. Who is the young man going to see in "Reunion?"
5. What do people think of the sitcom in the story about the Seton family?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the man's wife in "The Chimera" react to Olga?
2. How does Cheever feel about Marlon Brando?
3. How is Richard described in "The Lowboy?"
4. What is Marcie's reaction to dealing with Charlie's departure?
5. Although the mother in the "The Angel and the Bridge" is spry and lively, what faults does she have?
6. Why does Charlie run away from Marcie and his children?
7. How does the Assunta respond to the old woman in "Montraldo"?
8. What does Donna Carla think of all of the rumors around her?
9. How does Mr. Folkestone's behavior change throughout the story?
10. Whose inheritance is the subject of "The Lowboy" and why?
This section contains 661 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)