|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Gee Gee is given another chance, where are they invited?
(a) A movie.
(b) A picnic.
(c) A dinner party.
(d) On a boat.
2. Who starts drinking more than usual toward the end of the story in "The Scarlet Moving Van"?
(a) Mr. Folkestone.
(c) Gee Gee.
(d) Mrs. Folkestone.
3. Who are the Folkstones?
(a) Gee Gee's family.
(b) Peaches's and Gee Gee's neighbors.
(c) Peaches's boss.
(d) Peaches's relatives.
4. In "Reunion," where the is the young man traveling?
(c) New York City.
5. What is the name of the story with Peaches?
(a) "The Tower of Babel."
(b) "The Lowboy."
(c) "The Seton Family."
(d) "The Scarlet Moving Van."
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when the Duke decides to marry his new love?
2. What gets the man through his fear one day when he meets a woman?
3. How did Charlie act about his life?
4. What is the narrator in the story about inheritance?
5. How does Mr. Seton view the life of a poet?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is it about the elderly mother in the "The Angel and the Bridge" that irks her son?
2. Whose inheritance is the subject of "The Lowboy" and why?
3. What kind of impact does the Duke's fall have?
4. Even though Charlie was the one that first ran away, why does Marcie want a divorce?
5. How does usually behave Gee Gee when he drinks?
6. How does Mr. Seton act ashamed of his profession?
7. How does the son in the "Reunion" feel about seeing his father?
8. How does the man's wife in "The Chimera" react to Olga?
9. Although the mother in the "The Angel and the Bridge" is spry and lively, what faults does she have?
10. Why do Peaches and Gee Gee have to move once a year?
This section contains 651 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)