|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How soon did Ralph and Laura get married after meeting?
(a) Six months later.
(b) Three years later.
(c) Three months later.
(d) One month later.
2. What is the title of the story about Amy Lawton?
(a) "The Sorrows of Gin."
(b) "O Youth and Beauty."
(c) "The Worm in the Apple."
(d) "The Five-Forty Eight."
3. Why does Rosemary lose her job?
(a) She takes another job.
(b) She quits.
(c) She is fired.
(d) She doesn't like to be around alcohol.
4. What is the name of the Malloy's daughter?
5. Whose gin does Amy pour down the sink?
(a) Her mother's.
(c) Her father's.
(d) Her sister's.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the Whitemore's family goals?
2. Who do the other children in the Pomeroy family dislike?
3. Where did the Whitemores meet?
4. What is the name of the story with Irene and Jim Westcott?
5. What does Clarissa look like?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Blake fire his secretary in "The Five Forty-Eight?"
2. Why is Ralph trying to get new jobs and promotions?
3. What does Laura do when she becomes pregnant?
4. What do the Pomeroy children do to irk Lawrence?
5. What baffles Clancy when he ends up in the hospital?
6. How does Clancy almost get fired?
7. How do Ralph and Laura react to a Ralph's new job and potential raise in salary?
8. How is Baxter described?
9. How does the story of Irene and Jim Westcott get its name?
10. What type of parents are the Lawtons, in "The Sorrows of Gin?"
This section contains 562 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)