|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose fight prompts a call to police?
(a) Any and her mom.
(b) Amy and Mr. Lawton.
(c) Mr. Lawton and the new housekeeper.
(d) Amy and the new housekeeper.
2. Who tries to get James Clancy fired?
(c) All of the residents.
(d) Mr. Rowantree.
3. How is Cash injured?
(a) The reinactment of a race.
(b) Running from his job.
(c) Playing with his kids.
(d) Louise hits him.
4. How many siblings does Amy have?
5. What is the title of the story about Amy Lawton?
(a) "The Worm in the Apple."
(b) "The Sorrows of Gin."
(c) "The Five-Forty Eight."
(d) "O Youth and Beauty."
Short Answer Questions
1. What does James Clancy realize at the end of the story?
2. What does the narrator in "Goodbye My Brother" do for a living?
3. What kind of employee is James Clancy?
4. What happens between the Pomeroy children, despite their mother's objections?
5. Why does Amy run away?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Ralph and Laura react to a Ralph's new job and potential raise in salary?
2. How is Clarissa described in "The Chaste Clarissa?"
3. What kind of a housekeeper is Rosemary?
4. In "O City of Broken Dreams," how do the Malloys react to interest in the play Evarts has written?
5. Why don't the other Pomeroy children like Lawrence?
6. Describe the shared love of Irene and Jim Westcott.
7. What is the background of the relationship between Ralph and Laura Whittemore?
8. How does Clancy almost get fired?
9. Why is Ralph trying to get new jobs and promotions?
10. What is Cash's wife's life like?
This section contains 574 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)