|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did the Whitemores meet?
(c) The Midwest.
2. Who has never fired a starter pistol before?
(c) Cash's sister.
(d) Cash's boss.
3. What is the name of the story with Irene and Jim Westcott?
(b) Little Jesus.
(c) The Enormous Radio.
(d) Goodbye My Brother.
4. How do Irene and Jim listen to their music?
(d) On the radio.
5. How is Mrs. Ryan related to Clarissa?
(b) She is her mother-in-law.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of music do Irene and Jim like?
2. Where is Laud's Head?
3. What upsets Irene?
4. Who is most critical in the Pomeroy family?
5. How many siblings does Amy have?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the story of Irene and Jim Westcott get its name?
2. Why does Amy try to run away?
3. Who does the Pomeroy family consist of?
4. In "O City of Broken Dreams," how do the Malloys react to interest in the play Evarts has written?
5. What is the relationship between the Pomeroy children?
6. Who are the Crutchmans in "The Worm in the Apple?"
7. How does Cash feel about his former days as a track star in "O Youth and Beauty?"
8. Describe the shared love of Irene and Jim Westcott.
9. What do the Pomeroy children do to irk Lawrence?
10. Why does Blake fire his secretary in "The Five Forty-Eight?"
This section contains 560 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)