|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Charlie when the story begins?
(a) On a boat.
(b) On a train.
(c) On a plane.
(d) In a car.
2. What has the son in "Reunion" went through three years ago?
(a) The death of his wife.
(b) His parent's divorce.
(c) The death of his mother.
(d) An illness.
3. What kind of horrible accident did Donna's father have?
(a) Sparing accident.
(b) Fell off a roof.
(c) Fell off a horse.
(d) Ate bad food.
4. Who are the Folkstones?
(a) Gee Gee's family.
(b) Peaches's boss.
(c) Peaches's and Gee Gee's neighbors.
(d) Peaches's relatives.
5. Where does Marlon Brando appear in the book?
(a) On the back page.
(b) In the thank yous.
(c) On the cover.
(d) On a list of things that will not appear in the book.
6. What happens when the Seton family is in Florence?
(a) People speculate about them and their unusual ways.
(b) People rob their house.
(c) People talk about how much they like them.
(d) People miss them.
7. What is Donna's last name?
8. What did the husband want to do with his life in "The Chimera?"
(a) Climb the Matterhorn.
(b) Go into politics.
(c) Become a father.
(d) Become rich.
9. How long have Charlie and his wife been married?
(a) 50 years
(b) 15 years.
(c) Five years.
(d) They are not married.
10. Who is Gee-Gee?
(a) Peaches's son.
(b) Peaches significant other.
(c) Peaches's sister.
(d) Peaches's daughter.
11. How does Mr. Seton view the life of a poet?
(a) Better than a painter.
(b) Better than a banker.
(c) Better than a songwriter.
(d) Better than a television writer.
12. In "Reunion," where the is the young man traveling?
(d) New York City.
13. Does Charlie's wife have an affair?
(a) No, but Charlie thinks she is.
(b) She starts to, but then stops.
(d) She resists the temptation.
14. Who are Donna's parents?
(a) A king and queen.
(b) A lord and lady.
(c) An Italian duke and duchess.
(d) A prince and princess.
15. What does the narrator of "Angel of the Bridge" discover he is afraid of?
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Angel of the Bridge," what is the man embarrassed by?
2. What happens when the Duke decides to marry his new love?
3. What happens when Gee Gee gets drunk?
4. In "The Angel of the Bridge," what is the mother afraid of in the story about her and her son?
5. What is Mr. Seton afraid to tell his neighbors?
This section contains 440 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)