|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the husband want to do with his life in "The Chimera?"
(a) Climb the Matterhorn.
(b) Become rich.
(c) Go into politics.
(d) Become a father.
2. What is the name of the story with Peaches?
(a) "The Scarlet Moving Van."
(b) "The Tower of Babel."
(c) "The Lowboy."
(d) "The Seton Family."
3. What happened to the lower half of Donna's father's body?
(a) Broken toes.
(b) Two sprained ankles.
(c) Broken legs.
(d) One sprained ankle.
4. What are Gee Gee's feelings about his behavior?
(a) He is never apologetic.
(b) He always apologizes.
(c) He doesn't realize what he's done.
(d) He pretends he did nothing wrong.
5. What has the son in "Reunion" went through three years ago?
(a) His parent's divorce.
(b) The death of his mother.
(c) The death of his wife.
(d) An illness.
6. In "The Angel of the Bridge," what is the man embarrassed by?
(a) His accent.
(b) His mustache.
(c) His weight.
(d) His elderly mother.
7. In "Reunion," where the is the young man traveling?
(b) New York City.
8. What does the narrator of "Angel of the Bridge" discover he is afraid of?
9. Who are the Folkstones?
(a) Peaches's relatives.
(b) Peaches's boss.
(c) Peaches's and Gee Gee's neighbors.
(d) Gee Gee's family.
10. In "The Angel of the Bridge," what is the mother afraid of in the story about her and her son?
11. When does the Duke return to Rome?
(a) When his parents die.
(b) When his new love dies.
(c) When his parents welcome his back.
(d) When he remarries.
12. When Gee Gee is given another chance, where are they invited?
(a) A dinner party.
(b) On a boat.
(c) A picnic.
(d) A movie.
13. What do the Setons think of Italy?
(a) They hated it.
(b) They enjoy it.
(c) They have no feelings about it.
(d) They liked it for a little while, but then grew sick of it.
14. Where do most people think that Charlie went after he left?
(a) Away on business.
(c) A volunteer trip.
(d) A vacation.
15. Where does Marlon Brando appear in the book?
(a) On the cover.
(b) On the back page.
(c) In the thank yous.
(d) On a list of things that will not appear in the book.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the son think of his mother's fear in "The Angel of the Bridge"?
2. What kind of horrible accident did Donna's father have?
3. What did the wife want to do with her life in "The Chimera?"
4. At whose house does Gee Gee get drunk?
5. What happens when Gee Gee gets drunk?
This section contains 464 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)