|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who gets ill and goes to the hospital in "Clancy in the Tower of Babel"?
(b) Mr. Rowantree.
2. How do Irene and Jim listen to their music?
(d) On the radio.
3. What does James Clancy realize at the end of the story?
(a) To mind his own business.
(b) To find a new job.
(c) To clearly state his feelings.
(d) That the tenants are nice.
4. Who does James Clancy talk to about his job and the people he meets there?
(b) His mistress.
(c) His friends.
(d) His family.
5. How old is the Malloy's daughter?
6. Whose fight prompts a call to police?
(a) Any and her mom.
(b) Amy and Mr. Lawton.
(c) Amy and the new housekeeper.
(d) Mr. Lawton and the new housekeeper.
7. How old are Mrs. Pomery's children?
(b) In their thirties.
(d) In their twenties.
8. Who is Mr. Rowantree?
(a) Clancy's coworker.
(b) Clancy's friend.
(c) A single man who lives in the building where Clancy works.
(d) Clancy's boss.
9. Where does Diana live?
(c) New Jersey.
10. What story revolves around the Pomeroy family?
(a) The Enormous Radio.
(c) Goodbye, My Brother.
(d) O City of Broken Dreams.
11. What do the tenants in the apartment do for James Clancy?
(a) Visit him in the hospital.
(b) Take up a collection.
(c) Give him a raise.
(d) Bring him flowers.
12. Why are the Malloys traveling?
(a) They are running from police.
(b) Evarts has written a play and has interest in it.
(c) They are sightseeing.
(d) They are moving.
13. Where is Clarissa spending the summer?
(a) Holly Cove.
(d) Laud's Head.
14. What does the narrator in "Goodbye My Brother" do for a living?
15. Who arranged the thoughtful gesture from the tenants for James Clancy?
(b) Mr. Rowantree.
(c) A nameless tenant.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Mrs. Ryan related to Clarissa?
2. What does Diana call Lawrence?
3. What is Baxter's relationship status?
4. What is Baxter's reputation?
5. What are the Whitemores concerned about financially?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)