|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the story about Cash Bentley?
(a) "The Five Forty-Eight."
(b) "Clancy in the Tower of Babel."
(c) "The Sorrows of Gin."
(d) "O Youth and Beauty."
2. What is Lawrence's profession?
3. What story revolves around the Pomeroy family?
(a) O City of Broken Dreams.
(c) Goodbye, My Brother.
(d) The Enormous Radio.
4. Who dies at the end of "O Youth and Beauty?"
(c) One of the Bentley children.
(d) An unamed fan of Cash's.
5. Who is Rosemary?
(a) Amy's friend.
(b) Amy's long lost sister.
(c) The Lawton's new housekeeper.
(d) Amy's mom.
6. Whose fight prompts a call to police?
(a) Any and her mom.
(b) Amy and the new housekeeper.
(c) Amy and Mr. Lawton.
(d) Mr. Lawton and the new housekeeper.
7. Who are the main characters in "Clancy in the Tower of Babel"?
(a) The Whittmores.
(d) James and Nora.
8. Who gets ill and goes to the hospital in "Clancy in the Tower of Babel"?
(a) Mr. Rowantree.
9. Who does James Clancy talk to about his job and the people he meets there?
(a) His friends.
(b) His mistress.
(c) His family.
10. Who is Mr. Rowantree?
(a) Clancy's boss.
(b) Clancy's friend.
(c) Clancy's coworker.
(d) A single man who lives in the building where Clancy works.
11. What is Cash's injury?
(a) Twisted ankle.
(b) Broken neck.
(c) A broken leg.
(d) Broken arm.
12. What upsets Irene?
(a) When the radio stops working.
(b) When Jim says he hates music.
(c) When their children won't listen to music.
(d) When CDs are invented.
13. Why does Amy run away?
(a) Her mother hit her.
(b) Behavior in her house doesn't improve.
(c) Her father hit her.
(d) She misses Rosemary.
14. Where is Clarissa spending the summer?
(b) Laud's Head.
(c) Holly Cove.
15. What happens between the Pomeroy children, despite their mother's objections?
(a) They don't talk to each other.
(b) They argue.
(c) They make up.
(d) They all sell the house.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many children does Mrs. Pomeroy have?
2. How soon did Ralph and Laura get married after meeting?
3. What is the setting for the story about the Pomeroy family?
4. Where did the Whitemores meet?
5. How is Cash injured?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)