|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Grigory Petrovich generally have a softness for?
(a) His eldest son and daughter-in-law Aksinya.
(b) His late wife.
(c) His deaf son.
2. How does Olga help Vladimir when he returns to her?
(a) She helps him find a post.
(b) She lets his family stay in the wing without pay.
(c) She gives him the house.
(d) She gives him money.
3. In "The Lady with the Little Dog", how does Gurov treat women?
(b) As equals.
(c) With utmost respect.
(d) He tries not to be around them.
4. What is Belikov and Kovalenko's relationship like?
(a) Belikov dislikes Kovalenko.
(b) They each think the other is brutish.
(c) They have mutual respect for one another.
(d) Kovalenko dislikes Belikov.
5. What feeling does Bishop Pyotr instill in people?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Anna Sergeevna fear when she starts relations with Gurov?
2. How do Alekhin and Burkin view Ivan's story about Nikolai and the gooseberries?
3. What does Liza want Korolev to confirm?
4. To what does Korolev equate the factory?
5. Why does Vladimir leave Olga?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the root cause of Liza's illness?
2. In "The Lady with the Little Dog", why does Dmitri Gurov see Anna Sergeeva differently than all the other women in his life? What makes her so much more appealing?
3. In "The Lady with the Little Dog", how does Dmitri Dmitrich Gurov view women?
4. Describe what life is like in the countryside where there is a factory?
5. In "On Official Business", the coroner has a dream about the beadle and the Zemstvo walking side by side. Write a brief interpretation of this dream.
6. What is life like for Pyotr?
7. What helps Olga keep her youth and what ages her so much?
8. In "The Bishop", what is Bishops Pyotr's relationship with his mother Marya like when she visits him after nine years?
9. How does Korolev show judgment on the Lialikovs?
10. In "On Official Business", what is the difference between the coroner and the doctor in the way they view life?
This section contains 1,375 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)