|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What makes Nevyrazimov feel better?
(a) Dreaming of a possible promotion.
(b) The smells of good food.
(c) Talking with Paramon.
(d) Killing a cockroach.
2. According to Stepanych, what does Pyotr lack to set the world on fire?
(b) Proper work ethics.
3. What does Varka do finally to get some sleep?
(a) Strangle the baby.
(b) Pay the apprentice to watch the baby.
(c) Leave the house and sleep outside.
(d) Strangle the master and his wife.
4. What do Ieronym and the passenger see so beautiful in the sky as they cross the river?
(b) Wisps of clouds.
(c) A crescent moon.
(d) A full moon.
5. Due to what does Dr. Yefimych believe he is a doctor and the patients in Ward No. 6 are hospitalized?
(c) Social classes.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Fidget", Osip Dymov is __________.
2. What brought Gusev away to the Far East?
3. What feeling does Gusev have before he dies?
4. What does Kovrin seem to hate the most?
5. What happens to Vassily Sergeich's family?
Short Essay Questions
1. What changes are observed in Nikolai Stepanych's lectures from the past to the present?
2. Describe how Olga Ivanovna and her friends treat Osip. How does this turn on Olga?
3. What does the Tartar think of Vassily and the Explainer? Who does he respect more and why?
4. Modest Alexeich admonishes Anya and her family about how a "man must have his responsibilities!" Between Modest, Anya, and her family, who shows responsibilities best?
5. Why does the black monk make Andrei Kovrin feel good?
6. What makes akathists so difficult?
7. Dr. Andrei Yefimych states that Ivan Dmitrich is "interested in precisely the right things." What are these right things?
8. Why does Katya leave to the Caucasus?
9. Compare Nikolai Stepanych's (A Boring Story) public name to the real person.
10. How does Cherviakov's wife not help his situation with the General?
This section contains 1,243 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)