|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Stepanych feel about his life in the months before his death?
(a) Everyone seems nicer.
(b) Nothing changes.
(c) Everything is boring.
(d) Everything is happier.
2. What is General Brizzhalov's first reaction to Cherviakov?
(a) He is appalled but Cherviakov's rudeness.
(b) He is furious with Cherviakov.
(c) He accepts the apology amiably with a smile.
(d) He wants Cherviakov to let him be.
3. Vasya and Mashenka's marriage can be described as __________.
4. What happens to Vassily Sergeich's family?
(a) They are left in Moscow while he is in exile in Siberia.
(b) His wife dies of consumption and his daughter has severe pneumonia.
(c) The wife runs away and his daughter is ill.
(d) His children die of consumption.
5. How does Anyuta help Stepan's studies?
(a) By testing him with note cards.
(b) By being his anatomical model.
(c) By keeping his environment neat and clean.
(d) By researching any questions he has.
6. What expression does Marfa, Bronze's wife, have as she is dying?
(a) Pity and sorrow.
(d) Serenity and joy.
7. Due to what does Dr. Yefimych believe he is a doctor and the patients in Ward No. 6 are hospitalized?
(b) Social classes.
8. On what holiday does Nevyrazimov volunteer to work on?
(b) Good Friday.
9. What empowers Anya in her marriage?
(a) The remembrance of her late mother's strength.
(b) Her charm with high officials.
(c) Her charm with the officials' wives.
(d) His Excellency's wife.
10. How does Vanka learn how to read and write?
(a) From another apprentice.
(b) By the master's wife.
(c) In secret from his grandfather.
(d) From his old miss Olga.
11. What causes Anyuta to cry?
(a) Anyuta wants to move out.
(b) The neighbor treats her badly.
(c) Stepan wants to separate.
(d) Stepan yells at her for being stupid.
12. In "In Exile", what does the Explainer advise the Tartar?
(a) To stay by him for protection.
(b) To make friends quick.
(c) To want nothing.
(d) To sleep by the fire or he'll freeze.
13. When the narrator arrives to the other side of the river, the place can be described as __________.
14. How does Yegor describe himself?
(b) A man of wisdom.
(c) As a free spirit.
15. What is the total number of time Cherviakov attempts to apologize to the General?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Velikopolsky's version of the Twelve Gospels, what does Peter do?
2. What is Ivan Cherviakov watching when he sneezes on the man in front of him?
3. To whom is Nevyrazimov writing a letter?
4. What do Stepanych and his wife discuss every morning?
5. What does Yegor dislike about the village?
This section contains 477 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)