|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Fiancée.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What epiphany does Lyzhin realize while at von Taunitz's?
(a) Life in Moscow has nothing to do with provincial life.
(b) The provincial life is not as bad as he assumed.
(c) Life's events are not accidents.
(d) Life is full of random accidents.
2. What do Nevyrazimov and Paramon hear through the vents?
(b) Children playing.
(c) Church bells and carriages.
(d) A carriage crash.
3. What happens to Grigory in old age?
(a) He forgets to eat and is forgotten.
(b) He becomes burdened with guilt and stops cheating his customers.
(c) He remains the man of the house and gives orders from bed.
(d) He moves to Siberia to be closer to Anisim.
4. How long does Olga and Pustovalov's marriage last before he dies of illness?
(a) Six months.
(b) Six years.
(c) Three months.
(d) Three years.
5. What expression does Marfa, Bronze's wife, have as she is dying?
(a) Pity and sorrow.
(d) Serenity and joy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Stepan studying?
2. What is Katya's reaction to Pyotr's title as bishop?
3. How does Nikolai Ivanych get his dream estate?
4. Whom does Varka see in her dreams?
5. Why do the wedding dressmakers cry?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)