|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Stories 26 and 27.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What insulting word does Andreich call his daughter Maria?
(a) A harlot.
(b) A philosopher.
(c) A whore.
(d) A slut.
2. What brings Anna back home to her husband?
(a) Anna feels guilty for her actions and wants to seek forgiveness.
(b) Her husband suspects her affair and demands that she return immediately.
(c) Anna's husband is ill.
(d) Gurov disrespects her and she runs to her husband for assurance.
3. What does Anya do for her family when she gains access to money?
(a) Buy her brothers new clothes.
(b) Support her brothers to attend university.
(c) Provide adequate amounts of food.
4. Who is more likely to tip the beadle?
(a) A landowner.
(b) A peasant.
(c) A visitor from the city.
(d) No one.
5. How does Stepanych feel about his life in the months before his death?
(a) Nothing changes.
(b) Everything is happier.
(c) Everyone seems nicer.
(d) Everything is boring.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Korolev's arrival and departure from the factory differ?
2. What does Lyzhin do for the beadle when he sees him at von Taunitz's?
3. What does the judge think of Grigoriev?
4. What happens to Vassily Sergeich's family?
5. What oppressive feeling does Korolev feel as he walks around the factory buildings?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)