|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Stories 26 and 27.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Stepanych feel about his life in the months before his death?
(a) Everything is boring.
(b) Nothing changes.
(c) Everything is happier.
(d) Everyone seems nicer.
2. In "Ward No. 6", who is Nikita?
(a) The hall porter.
(b) The caretaker.
(c) One of the patients of Ward No. 6.
(d) The assistant doctor.
3. How does Vanka learn how to read and write?
(a) From another apprentice.
(b) In secret from his grandfather.
(c) By the master's wife.
(d) From his old miss Olga.
4. What is Nikolai the porter's proficiency?
(a) University news.
(c) The latest in medicine.
5. What empowers Anya in her marriage?
(a) His Excellency's wife.
(b) Her charm with high officials.
(c) Her charm with the officials' wives.
(d) The remembrance of her late mother's strength.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Stepan studying?
2. How does Anyuta help Stepan's studies?
3. What about Ryabovsky intrigues Olga?
4. How does Yegor describe himself?
5. What happens when the General is so angry with Cherviakov, he yells "Get out"?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)