|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Stories 26 and 27.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what holiday does Nevyrazimov volunteer to work on?
(a) Good Friday.
2. What expression does Marfa, Bronze's wife, have as she is dying?
(a) Pity and sorrow.
(b) Serenity and joy.
3. What does Yegor Semyonych in "The Black Monk" believe is the key to his orchard's success?
(a) His love for it.
(b) The support of his daughter.
(c) Russia's climate.
(d) The people he hires.
4. In "On Official Business", where is the scene of death?
(a) The Zemstvo's barn.
(b) The clerk's office.
(c) The Zemstvo cottage.
(d) The village hall.
5. How does Vanka learn how to read and write?
(a) By the master's wife.
(b) From another apprentice.
(c) From his old miss Olga.
(d) In secret from his grandfather.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is constantly on Nikolai Stepanych's mind?
2. Who does Sasha believe Olga is?
3. Who is more likely to tip the beadle?
4. How is Korolev convinced to stay overnight to watch over Liza?
5. What embitters Nikolai Stepanych about his children?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)