|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Stories 26 and 27.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Vladimir leave Olga?
(a) He is fired from work and must find another post.
(b) His regiment leaves town.
(c) He finds another woman.
(d) She is too overbearing and suffocating.
2. Why do Ivan Ivanych and Burkin call on Alekhin in "Gooseberries"?
(a) To ask for income.
(b) For his stories.
(c) To see his maid Pelageya.
(d) To get cover from rain.
3. What is Yefimya's relationship with her husband like?
(a) She loves him dearly.
(b) It is very formal and arranged.
(c) He loves her more than she can return.
(d) She fears him.
4. What does Yegor Semyonych in "The Black Monk" believe is the key to his orchard's success?
(a) His love for it.
(b) Russia's climate.
(c) The people he hires.
(d) The support of his daughter.
5. What is the ordinary conversation between Mikhail and Katya?
(a) Stepanych's health.
(b) Praises for the theater.
(c) The latest in medicine.
(d) Ill gossip about people.
Short Answer Questions
1. What oppressive feeling does Korolev feel as he walks around the factory buildings?
2. What do Lyzhin and Starchenko wish for as they stand next to the dead body?
3. What happens when the General is so angry with Cherviakov, he yells "Get out"?
4. What renews Olga's youth?
5. How long does Olga and Pustovalov's marriage last before he dies of illness?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)