|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Darling.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Modest Andreich view his wife?
(a) He is in love with her beauty.
(b) She is there to advance his career.
(c) He is in love with her innocence.
(d) She is there on a friend's advice, not because he wants a wife.
2. What does Stepanych think of Katya?
(a) She is innocent and naive.
(b) She is too foolish to make it in this world.
(c) She is too brash for men.
(d) She is too timid to be in theater.
3. How is Korolev convinced to stay overnight to watch over Liza?
(a) Liza's mother pays him extra rubles.
(b) By Liza's mother's pitiful appeal.
(c) Liza coquettishly requests.
(d) Christina demands him to.
4. What is a panikhida?
(a) A formal apology to God.
(b) A type of bread.
(c) A commemorative prayer for the dead.
(d) A celebration of the living.
5. How does Korolev's arrival and departure from the factory differ?
(a) He leaves more hopeful than when he arrives.
(b) He was excited to see the countryside but departs it feeling bored.
(c) He is more peeved and angry when he leaves.
(d) He is not eager to arrive but when he leaves he knows he will happily return.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of reputation is Pavel Ivanych proud of?
2. What feeling do Mashenka and Matvei have that brings them together?
3. Who does Sasha believe Olga is?
4. How do Alekhin and Burkin view Ivan's story about Nikolai and the gooseberries?
5. What did Nikolai do for Ieronym when he was alive?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)