|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Stories 17 through 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What feeling does Gusev have before he dies?
(a) A sense of happiness.
(b) A sense of yearning.
(c) An aura of uneasiness.
(d) A feeling of content.
2. Why is business bad for Bronze in "Rothschild's Fiddle"?
(a) Not enough people are dying.
(b) There is a recession.
(c) Too many people are dying.
(d) Everyone dies poor and wants cheap coffins.
3. What does the black monk tell Kovrin about his presence?
(a) He is as real to Kovrin as to everyone else in the gardens.
(b) He is there by Kovrin's imagination.
(c) He is real but only to those that believe.
(d) He is always present whether Kovrin sees him or not.
4. What do Ieronym and the passenger see so beautiful in the sky as they cross the river?
(a) A full moon.
(c) Wisps of clouds.
(d) A crescent moon.
5. Why is the Tartar exiled in Siberia?
(a) For stealing chickens.
(b) For stealing horses.
(c) He refuses to join the military.
(d) For beating his father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the celebration like after Modest Alexeich and Anya's wedding?
2. The condition of Stepan and Anyuta's room can be described as __________.
3. Why is Varka happy to fetch the firewood?
4. What did Nikolai do for Ieronym when he was alive?
5. What is Ivan Cherviakov watching when he sneezes on the man in front of him?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)