|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Stories 17 through 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom does Stepanych compare himself during his youthful days of lecturing?
(a) A brain surgeon.
(b) A violinist.
(c) An orchestra conductor.
(d) A pianist.
2. What must Anyuta finish in order to get more tea and tobacco?
(a) Knitting a hat.
(b) Helping Stepan study.
(c) Her embroidery.
(d) Her daily chores.
3. Why is the Tartar exiled in Siberia?
(a) For stealing chickens.
(b) He refuses to join the military.
(c) For stealing horses.
(d) For beating his father.
4. Why do Vasilisa's tears make Ivan happy?
(a) They are tears of relief.
(b) He sees a connection between the past and present.
(c) They are tears of joy.
(d) He hates her.
5. What is the celebration like after Modest Alexeich and Anya's wedding?
(a) The nicest wedding reception Modest can afford.
(b) Frugal but the largest affair of the village.
(c) Close to non-existent.
(d) The ball of the town.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Grigoriev steal a nut?
2. How does Modest Andreich view his wife?
3. What is Stepan studying?
4. On what holiday does Nevyrazimov volunteer to work on?
5. The university Stepanych works at can be described as __________.
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)