|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Stories 14 through 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is it about Mr. Gnekker that worries Nikolai Stepanych?
(a) That he is not handsome enough for his Liza.
(b) That he may be a sponger.
(c) That he may be too rich for their blood.
(d) That he is a con artist.
2. What happens at Pelageya's cottage on Easter?
(a) Pelageya makes a nice meal but Yegor never shows up.
(b) Yegor and Pelageya get married.
(c) Yegor comes by drunk and beats her.
(d) Yegor comes by with a ham to celebrate with her.
3. What does Kovrin seem to hate the most?
(a) His inability to love fairly.
(b) A state of mediocrity.
(c) The hallucinations.
(d) Being different.
4. What must Anyuta finish in order to get more tea and tobacco?
(a) Her embroidery.
(b) Knitting a hat.
(c) Her daily chores.
(d) Helping Stepan study.
5. What is Stepan studying?
(b) Russian literature.
Short Answer Questions
1. What apprenticeship does Vanka work in?
2. How does Vanka learn how to read and write?
3. What feeling does Gusev have before he dies?
4. The university Stepanych works at can be described as __________.
5. What feeling do Mashenka and Matvei have that brings them together?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)