|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Stories 7 through 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the narrator arrives to the other side of the river, the place can be described as __________.
2. The condition of Stepan and Anyuta's room can be described as __________.
(a) Meticulously clean.
(c) Averagely boring.
3. Why is Varka happy to fetch the firewood?
(a) She wants to be outside.
(b) She is cold.
(c) Activity makes her less sleepy.
(d) It gets her away from the mistress of the house.
4. What is Grigoriev's punishment?
(a) A term of hard labor.
(b) Convincing his village to stop taking nuts from the rail lines.
(c) A year of imprisonment.
(d) Putting new nuts on the rail lines.
5. Why does Grigoriev steal a nut?
(a) To use as a sinker.
(b) For fun.
(c) To see if he could.
(d) He was dared to by a friend.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when the General is so angry with Cherviakov, he yells "Get out"?
2. What apprenticeship does Vanka work in?
3. What did Nikolai do for Ieronym when he was alive?
4. What is a panikhida?
5. What is the total number of time Cherviakov attempts to apologize to the General?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)