|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Stories 7 through 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Ivan Cherviakov watching when he sneezes on the man in front of him?
(a) A circus show.
(b) A play.
(c) An opera.
(d) A symphony.
2. Why does Andreich believe it is acceptable to call Maria by an insulting name?
(a) Because other people call her that all the time.
(b) Because God forgave her.
(c) Because he is her father.
(d) Because she is a woman.
3. What do Ieronym and the passenger see so beautiful in the sky as they cross the river?
(a) Wisps of clouds.
(c) A full moon.
(d) A crescent moon.
4. The condition of Stepan and Anyuta's room can be described as __________.
(a) Meticulously clean.
(d) Averagely boring.
5. To whom does Vanka write to on Christmas Eve?
(a) His mother.
(b) His father.
(c) His grandfather.
(d) His old miss.
Short Answer Questions
1. What special gift did Nikolai have as a monk?
2. What did Nikolai do for Ieronym when he was alive?
3. What does Varka do finally to get some sleep?
4. What consolation does Yegor give to Pelageya when he leaves her?
5. What is a panikhida?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)