|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through In the Ravine.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is most important to Lida Volchaninova?
(a) Local politics and helping the needy.
(b) Having children.
(c) Getting married.
(d) Providing for her mother and sister.
2. Why does Vasilisa have trouble writing a letter to her daughter?
(a) Vasilisa has no news to write about.
(b) She is only doing it for her husband.
(c) There is too much to say.
(d) Vasilisa is angry with her daughter but does not want to show it.
3. In "In Exile", what does the Explainer advise the Tartar?
(a) To stay by him for protection.
(b) To sleep by the fire or he'll freeze.
(c) To make friends quick.
(d) To want nothing.
4. How soon does Olga remarry when Kukin dies?
(a) Three weeks.
(b) Three years.
(c) Three days.
(d) Three months.
5. What is the banging that Korolev keeps hearing?
(a) The watchmen keeping time of the hour.
(b) The guards making sure the employees are awake and working.
(c) The wind howling at the storage doors.
(d) The idle employees killing time.
Short Answer Questions
1. What oppressive feeling does Korolev feel as he walks around the factory buildings?
2. To whom does Vanka write to on Christmas Eve?
3. How does Modest Andreich view his wife?
4. What does Varka do finally to get some sleep?
5. What about Ryabovsky intrigues Olga?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)