|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Stories 11 through 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is constantly on Nikolai Stepanych's mind?
(a) How he needs smarter students.
(c) Liza and Mr. Gnekker.
(d) His lack of tenure at the university.
2. What does the judge think of Grigoriev?
(a) He thinks Grigoriev is mentally unstable.
(b) He believes Grigoriev is a liar.
(c) He thinks highly of the man but not his actions.
(d) He feels pity for the poor fellow.
3. What is Nikolai the porter's proficiency?
(c) University news.
(d) The latest in medicine.
4. What is Grigoriev's punishment?
(a) A term of hard labor.
(b) Convincing his village to stop taking nuts from the rail lines.
(c) A year of imprisonment.
(d) Putting new nuts on the rail lines.
5. How does Yegor describe himself?
(a) As a free spirit.
(c) A man of wisdom.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when the General is so angry with Cherviakov, he yells "Get out"?
2. What do Nevyrazimov and Paramon hear through the vents?
3. Why does Grigoriev steal a nut?
4. To whom does Stepanych compare himself during his youthful days of lecturing?
5. What happens at Pelageya's cottage on Easter?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)