|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Stories 11 through 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What special gift did Nikolai have as a monk?
(a) Keeping the novices quiet and respectful.
(b) Writing akathists.
(c) Have a good rapport with everyone.
(d) Writing sermons.
2. What does Stepanych think of Katya?
(a) She is innocent and naive.
(b) She is too timid to be in theater.
(c) She is too foolish to make it in this world.
(d) She is too brash for men.
3. What brought Gusev away to the Far East?
(b) Military service.
(c) There was promise of money as a merchant.
(d) A woman.
4. What does Vanka remember about Christmastime?
(a) Making cookies with the cooks in the master's house.
(b) An orange in his stocking one year.
(c) Getting the tree with his grandfather.
(d) Decorating the tree with his parents.
5. Why does Osip leave Olga?
(a) He pursues an academic career in Germany.
(b) He dies from diphtheria.
(c) He leaves her when she announces her love for Ryabovsky.
(d) Osip leaves because Olga is too dramatic.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Katya suggest to Stepanych?
2. What embitters Nikolai Stepanych about his children?
3. To whom does Vanka write to on Christmas Eve?
4. To whom is Nevyrazimov writing a letter?
5. How does Vanka learn how to read and write?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)