|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Stories 11 through 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Yegor describe himself?
(a) A man of wisdom.
(c) As a free spirit.
2. To whom does Vanka write to on Christmas Eve?
(a) His old miss.
(b) His grandfather.
(c) His mother.
(d) His father.
3. What did Nikolai do for Ieronym when he was alive?
(a) Teach him how to write poems.
(b) Sing him lullabies.
(c) Go through prayer sessions with him.
(d) Call out to Ieronym so he is not scared on the ferry at night.
4. What must Anyuta finish in order to get more tea and tobacco?
(a) Helping Stepan study.
(b) Her daily chores.
(c) Knitting a hat.
(d) Her embroidery.
5. On what holiday does Nevyrazimov volunteer to work on?
(c) Good Friday.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Vanka remember about Christmastime?
2. What causes Pavel Ivanych in "Gusev" to be more irritable than usual?
3. What consolation does Yegor give to Pelageya when he leaves her?
4. What feeling do Mashenka and Matvei have that brings them together?
5. Why does Andreich believe it is acceptable to call Maria by an insulting name?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)