|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Stories 26 and 27.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Vasilisa have trouble writing a letter to her daughter?
(a) There is too much to say.
(b) Vasilisa is angry with her daughter but does not want to show it.
(c) Vasilisa has no news to write about.
(d) She is only doing it for her husband.
2. Why does Zhenya discontinue seeing the artist?
(a) Zhenya is too busy with politics.
(b) Her mother disapproves.
(c) The artist moves away.
(d) Lida disapproves.
3. What does Anna Sergeevna fear when she starts relations with Gurov?
(a) Her husband will find out.
(b) The town will talk about her.
(c) That she will be judged a sinner.
(d) He will no longer respect her.
4. Where does Dmitri Gurov look to meet Anna in S.?
(a) At the museums.
(b) Outside her bedroom window.
(c) By the pier.
(d) Opening night at the theater.
5. What arrangement do Gurov and Anna make to continue seeing each other?
(a) She will see him in Moscow.
(b) They are to meet in Yalta every Sunday.
(c) He is to "tutor" her in French.
(d) He is to come every other month by the pier.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom does Stepanych compare himself during his youthful days of lecturing?
2. How are Ivan Ivanych and his brother Nikolai different?
3. What do Kovalenko and Varenka do that appalls Belikov?
4. What embitters Nikolai Stepanych about his children?
5. What is the ordinary conversation between Mikhail and Katya?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)