|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Stories 26 and 27.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the women in town get excited about Belikov's life?
(a) Belikov inherits a fortune.
(b) They want to arrange a marriage for him.
(c) One of the daughters falls in love with Belikov.
(d) Belikov is promoted to a privy councilor.
2. Why haven't Vasilisa and her husband received any word from Yefimya?
(a) Yefimya is too busy to write.
(b) Andrei forbids her to contact her parents.
(c) Andrei did not mail Yefimya's letters.
(d) Yefimya is too ill to write.
3. How does Nikolai Ivanych get his dream estate?
(b) By borrowing from Ivan Ivanych.
(c) He surreptitiously steals from his workplace a little at a time over years.
(d) Through savings and marrying a widow.
4. What is so different about Anna from the other women Gurov usually meets?
(a) Anna is older than usual.
(b) Anna is plainer looking.
(c) Anna is from the countryside.
(d) Anna is young and inexperienced.
5. According to Stepanych, what does Pyotr lack to set the world on fire?
(d) Proper work ethics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "At Christmastime", whom does Vasilisa ask to help her write a letter to her daughter?
2. According to the artist in "The House with the Mezzanine", what is the only thing worth living for?
3. What embitters Nikolai Stepanych about his children?
4. How do Alekhin and Burkin view Ivan's story about Nikolai and the gooseberries?
5. Where does Dmitri Gurov look to meet Anna in S.?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)