|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Stories 26 and 27.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Nikolai the porter's proficiency?
(c) The latest in medicine.
(d) University news.
2. What is it about Mr. Gnekker that worries Nikolai Stepanych?
(a) That he is not handsome enough for his Liza.
(b) That he may be too rich for their blood.
(c) That he is a con artist.
(d) That he may be a sponger.
3. What does Stepanych think of Katya?
(a) She is too brash for men.
(b) She is innocent and naive.
(c) She is too timid to be in theater.
(d) She is too foolish to make it in this world.
4. What does Anna Sergeevna fear when she starts relations with Gurov?
(a) Her husband will find out.
(b) That she will be judged a sinner.
(c) He will no longer respect her.
(d) The town will talk about her.
5. What is most important to Lida Volchaninova?
(a) Having children.
(b) Local politics and helping the needy.
(c) Providing for her mother and sister.
(d) Getting married.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the women in town get excited about Belikov's life?
2. In "The House with the Mezzanine", the artist's lifestyle can be described as __________.
3. What is so different about Anna from the other women Gurov usually meets?
4. How are Ivan Ivanych and his brother Nikolai different?
5. To whom does Stepanych compare himself during his youthful days of lecturing?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)