Stories 1 through 3
1. What is Ivan Cherviakov watching when he sneezes on the man in front of him?
(a) An opera.
(b) A circus show.
(c) A symphony.
(d) A play.
2. What is General Brizzhalov's first reaction to Cherviakov?
(a) He accepts the apology amiably with a smile.
(b) He is furious with Cherviakov.
(c) He wants Cherviakov to let him be.
(d) He is appalled but Cherviakov's rudeness.
3. What is the total number of time Cherviakov attempts to apologize to the General?
4. What happens when the General is so angry with Cherviakov, he yells "Get out"?
(a) Cherviakov vents to his wife at home.
(b) Cherviakov becomes angry and takes back all his apologies.
(c) Cherviakov goes home and dies.
(d) Cherviakov attempts to write a letter of apology to the General.
5. On what holiday does Nevyrazimov volunteer to work on?
(d) Good Friday.
6. What do Nevyrazimov and Paramon hear through the vents?
(a) A carriage crash.
(b) Children playing.
(c) Church bells and carriages.
This section contains 4,947 words
(approx. 17 pages at 300 words per page)