|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Martin Kobel meet Annabelle by chance in "The Therapist"?
2. Who suits up and goes out to reel Leif back in, in "Leif in the Wind"?
3. Arthur is wanted for questioning in the disappearance of a woman where in "Unwell"?
4. In what month did Rex take his life in "Stories"?
5. What species is Nicholas Walker in "Human Intelligence"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Dr. Kobel do when Annabelle answers her door in "The Therapist"?
2. How is Nicholas Walker described in "Human Intelligence"? How long has he been on Earth?
3. How did Arlette "steal" Yvonne's first husband in "Unwell"?
4. What happens when Leonard reenacts the maiden flight in "The Maiden Flight of McCauley's Bellerophon"?
5. What is the objective of the cashier in "Land Of The Lost"?
6. Where did Quirinus go to work after his father's death in "The Devil On The Staircase"? Who does he become infatuated with?
7. What had Maggie Blevin been in charge of at the museum in "The Maiden Flight of McCauley's Bellerophon"? Who remembers her in the beginning of the story?
8. What profession did Quirinus' father have in "The Devil On The Staircase"? How is the setting described?
9. How does the author introduce the cult in "The Cult Of The Nose"?
10. Why does the cashier not call the FBI in the ending of "Land Of The Lost"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Identify and analyze the exposition, rising action, climax and denouement of "The Therapist." How is irony defined and how does it apply to the story's ending?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the motif of Christmas in "Samantha's Diary", and compare and contrast the characters of Samantha and her admirer in the narrative. How does Samantha feel about her admirer?
Essay Topic 3
Analyze and discuss the setting, characters and plot structure of "Land of the Lost." What characters are named and why is this significant?
This section contains 883 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)