|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Deel's son in "The Stars are Falling"?
2. What does the protagonist consume which leaves him sick and retching in "Blood"?
3. To whose garden does the King take Jack in "Goblin Lake"?
4. What is Edgar indicted on charges for in "Fossil-Figures"?
5. In what city does "Unbelief" take place?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the protagonist of "Blood" believe may drive his actions? How does he go about assuaging this need?
2. How are Abe and Sarah described in the beginning of "Weights and Measures"?
3. How does Killheffer end up shot in "Polka Dots and Moonbeams"? Where do Dex and Adeline go?
4. What leads to the reuniting of the brothers in "Fossil-Figures"? How do they die?
5. What holiday does Kane awake upon in "Unbelief"? What does he discover?
6. How is the relationship between Deel and his family described in the beginning of "The Stars are Falling"?
7. What does the fisherman do to the woman he sees at the grocery store in "Catch and Release"?
8. What does Tom confess to Deel while hunting in "The Stars are Falling"? What happens next?
9. How were the brothers of "Fossil-Figures" described upon their birth?
10. What is the setting of "Mallon The Guru"? What sign comes to Mallon upon entering the village?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze and discuss the characters of Jack and the peasant in "Goblin Lake." What transformation does Jack undergo in the story?
Essay Topic 2
Analyze and discuss the setting, characters and plot structure of "Land of the Lost." What characters are named and why is this significant?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss some of the unifying themes, subjects and genres which comprise the anthology. What is "fantastic fiction" and how does it apply to the book?
This section contains 946 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)