|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the fisherman wash when he returns home in "Catch and Release"?
2. What is the protagonist's wife's name in "Blood"?
3. What sorority is going through rush week in "Loser"?
4. What happens to the old woman who wins the game in "Loser"?
5. Which of the siblings in "Fossil-Figures" is the larger brother?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is the fisherman described in "Catch and Release"?
2. What does Tom confess to Deel while hunting in "The Stars are Falling"? What happens next?
3. What is the setting of "Mallon The Guru"? What sign comes to Mallon upon entering the village?
4. Who comes to Goblin Lake to see its mysteries in "Goblin Lake"? What are his first impressions?
5. What dates does the diary span in "Samantha's Diary"? What gifts did Samantha receive?
6. Where does Abe go after Sarah leaves him in "Weights and Measures"?
7. How are the pledges described in the story "Loser"?
8. How long do the visits come nightly to Juvenal in "Juvenal Nyx"? What is he left with when his "creator" leaves him?
9. How does Killheffer end up shot in "Polka Dots and Moonbeams"? Where do Dex and Adeline go?
10. What does the fisherman do to the woman he sees at the grocery store in "Catch and Release"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze and discuss the setting, characters and plot structure of "Land of the Lost." What characters are named and why is this significant?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the characters of Deel and Mary Lou in "The Stars are Falling." What has happened to the relationship between these characters?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the characters of Caroleen and BeeVee in "Parallel Lines", and analyze the transformation Caroleen undergoes in the story. What leads to her burning her sister's belongings?
This section contains 932 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)