|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the protagonist bite the head off of in "Blood"?
2. What sorority is going through rush week in "Loser"?
3. Where does the woman of the night first bite Juvenal in "Juvenal Nyx"?
4. Where is Iridia attempting suicide when Juvenal finds her in "Juvenal Nyx"?
5. With what does the fisherman smash the woman's kneecaps in "Catch and Release"?
Short Essay Questions
1. How were the brothers of "Fossil-Figures" described upon their birth?
2. Why does Thor enlist Lukas' help in "Wildfire in Manhattan"? What does Lukas do?
3. What first temptation does the protagonist of "Blood" give into? How does he cover up his actions?
4. What is Lukas the god over in "Wildfire in Manhattan"? How is his history described?
5. What dates does the diary span in "Samantha's Diary"? What gifts did Samantha receive?
6. How does the dwarf trick Calum in "The Truth is a Cave in the Black Mountains"? Why?
7. What conversation do Calum and the dwarf have while walking in "The Truth is a Cave in the Black Mountains"?
8. How is the relationship between Deel and his family described in the beginning of "The Stars are Falling"?
9. How do the actions of the protagonist develop over time in "Blood"? What is the outcome of the story?
10. How long do the visits come nightly to Juvenal in "Juvenal Nyx"? What is he left with when his "creator" leaves him?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the plot and themes in "Fossil-Figures", and compare the brothers Edward and Edgar in the narrative. Who do you relate the most to in the narrative? Why?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the theme of "revenge" in "The Truth is a Cave in the Black Mountains." What symbolism and imagery support this theme? How?
Essay Topic 3
Analyze and discuss the characters of Jack and the peasant in "Goblin Lake." What transformation does Jack undergo in the story?
This section contains 996 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)