|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Quirinus lives in a village in the highest ridges above what in "The Devil on the Staircase"?
(a) Mount Rushmore.
(b) Half Dome.
2. Caroleen is about to turn how old in "Parallel Lines"?
3. In what village does Quirinus live in "The Devil on the Staircase"?
(a) Silver Lake.
(b) Sulle Scale.
(d) Green Brackett.
4. What does Quirinus cite as the reason he moves from the area in "The Devil on the Staircase"?
(a) Bad memory.
(b) Bad knees.
(c) Bad ankles.
(d) Bad heart.
5. What is Ava Malcolm's profession in "Let The Past Begin"?
(b) Road crew worker.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is suffering with advanced breast cancer in "The Maiden Flight of McCauley's Bellerophon"?
2. What does the prosecutor publicly admit exist in the trial of Martin Kobel in "The Therapist"?
3. What does Martin Kobel's specialize in the story "The Therapist"?
4. Who is Caroleen's twin sister in "Parallel Lines"?
5. What follows Quirinus up the staircase in "The Devil on the Staircase"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What had Maggie Blevin been in charge of at the museum in "The Maiden Flight of McCauley's Bellerophon"? Who remembers her in the beginning of the story?
2. Why does the cashier not call the FBI in the ending of "Land Of The Lost"?
3. What does Leonard hope to create in "The Maiden Flight of McCauley's Bellerophon"? Why?
4. How did Arlette "steal" Yvonne's first husband in "Unwell"?
5. How does Lief attempt to return to the planet in "Leif In The Wind"?
6. What led to Maggie losing her job in "The Maiden Flight of McCauley's Bellerophon"?
7. How are Rex Fisch and his peers described in "Stories"?
8. What do Lief's crew mates think of his behavior in "Leif In The Wind"? Where is the story set?
9. What has happened to the communication between Nicholas Walker and his home planet in "Human Intelligence"?
10. Who does Quirinus first murder in "The Devil On The Staircase"? Why?
This section contains 964 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)