|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the King's daughter in "Goblin Lake"?
2. Where does the protagonist's wife find the evidence of his exploits in "Blood"?
(a) The medicine cabinet.
(b) The bathtub.
(c) His closet.
(d) A sock drawer.
3. From whom did Calum steal when he was younger in "The Truth is a Cave in the Black Mountains"?
(a) A young boy.
(b) A young girl.
(c) An old lady.
(d) An old man.
4. What did Calum use to tie his victim up before stealing from them in "The Truth is a Cave in the Black Mountains"?
(a) A tree limb.
(b) A rope.
(c) Her hair.
(d) Her dress.
5. Where does the protagonist spend four months in "Mallon The Guru"?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Deel's wife say has been helpful to her while he was away at war in "The Stars are Falling"?
2. Calum tells the stranger of stealing what in his youth in "The Truth is a Cave in the Black Mountains"?
3. What is empty when Kane walks downstairs the next morning in "Unbelief"?
4. The protagonist of "Catch and Release" is a fisherman and what?
5. What falls from the sky, landing at Mallon's feet when he enters the village in "Mallon The Guru"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the protagonist of "Blood" believe may drive his actions? How does he go about assuaging this need?
2. How is the relationship between Deel and his family described in the beginning of "The Stars are Falling"?
3. Describe the brothers in "Wildfire in Manhattan." What takes place when they meet in the beginning of the story?
4. How is the fisherman described in "Catch and Release"?
5. How does Juvenal meet Iridia in "Juvenal Nyx"? What impact does this encounter have on him?
6. What leads to the reuniting of the brothers in "Fossil-Figures"? How do they die?
7. What dates does the diary span in "Samantha's Diary"? What gifts did Samantha receive?
8. What is the setting of "Mallon The Guru"? What sign comes to Mallon upon entering the village?
9. Who are the men described in the beginning of "Unbelief"? What interaction do they have?
10. Where do the villagers take Mallon in "Mallon The Guru"? What do they ask him to do?
This section contains 1,020 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)