|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Calum MacInnes is a former what in "The Truth is a Cave in the Black Mountains"?
2. In what city does "Unbelief" take place?
(c) New York City.
(d) Los Angeles.
3. Who tells Lukas that an Aspect of Sol lives in Manhattan in "Wildfire in Manhattan"?
4. What falls from the sky, landing at Mallon's feet when he enters the village in "Mallon The Guru"?
(a) A dead crow.
(b) A dead eagle.
(c) A dead blue jay.
(d) A dead hawk.
5. What does the protagonist bite the head off of in "Blood"?
(a) A dog.
(b) A bat.
(c) A cat.
(d) A chicken.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are left in the wake of Mallon's fingertips as he runs them along the wall in "Mallon The Guru"?
2. Where does the protagonist spend four months in "Mallon The Guru"?
3. Where is the cave which Calum MacInnes is asked to guide someone in "The Truth is a Cave in the Black Mountains"?
4. Whose minions are after another god in the beginning of "Wildfire in Manhattan"?
5. What is empty when Kane walks downstairs the next morning in "Unbelief"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the setting of "Mallon The Guru"? What sign comes to Mallon upon entering the village?
2. Where do the villagers take Mallon in "Mallon The Guru"? What do they ask him to do?
3. Where does Abe go after Sarah leaves him in "Weights and Measures"?
4. How do the actions of the protagonist develop over time in "Blood"? What is the outcome of the story?
5. What dates does the diary span in "Samantha's Diary"? What gifts did Samantha receive?
6. Describe the brothers in "Wildfire in Manhattan." What takes place when they meet in the beginning of the story?
7. Describe the funeral in "Weights and Measures." What does Sarah do at the funeral?
8. How are the pledges described in the story "Loser"?
9. What are the last two secrets of the dwarf in "The Truth is a Cave in the Black Mountains"? How does he leave Calum?
10. What holiday does Kane awake upon in "Unbelief"? What does he discover?
This section contains 982 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)