|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With what does the fisherman smash the woman's kneecaps in "Catch and Release"?
(a) A hammer.
(b) A wrench.
(c) A flashlight.
(d) A tire iron.
2. Who is born with a curved spine and a chest that caves in on itself in "Fossil-Figures"?
3. What are left in the wake of Mallon's fingertips as he runs them along the wall in "Mallon The Guru"?
(a) Blue light.
(b) Green light.
(c) Red light.
(d) Yellow light.
4. What color shirts do the pledges wear in "Loser"?
5. What does Abe's wife discover is inches too small in "Weights and Measures"?
(a) Her hat.
(b) Her sweater.
(c) Her gloves.
(d) Her shoes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the village which Mallon and his guru are told to leave and never return to in "Mallon The Guru"?
2. After how many nights does Juvenal awake to find Julia gone in "Juvenal Nyx"?
3. Who saves Lukas by opening an umbrella in "Wildfire in Manhattan"?
4. What restaurant does Brendan Wilde own in "Wildfire in Manhattan"?
5. What does the fisherman wash when he returns home in "Catch and Release"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the last two secrets of the dwarf in "The Truth is a Cave in the Black Mountains"? How does he leave Calum?
2. Describe the funeral in "Weights and Measures." What does Sarah do at the funeral?
3. How is the fisherman described in "Catch and Release"?
4. How long do the visits come nightly to Juvenal in "Juvenal Nyx"? What is he left with when his "creator" leaves him?
5. What dates does the diary span in "Samantha's Diary"? What gifts did Samantha receive?
6. Where do the villagers take Mallon in "Mallon The Guru"? What do they ask him to do?
7. What is the setting of "Mallon The Guru"? What sign comes to Mallon upon entering the village?
8. What first temptation does the protagonist of "Blood" give into? How does he cover up his actions?
9. Where does Abe go after Sarah leaves him in "Weights and Measures"?
10. How does Juvenal meet Iridia in "Juvenal Nyx"? What impact does this encounter have on him?
This section contains 981 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)