|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With what does the fisherman smash the woman's kneecaps in "Catch and Release"?
(a) A tire iron.
(b) A hammer.
(c) A flashlight.
(d) A wrench.
2. How old is the protagonist of "Blood" before he notices the plaque that identifies Dracula's home?
3. What did Edgar study in school in "Fossil-Figures"?
4. What does the pharmacist ask for from the protagonist in "Blood"?
(a) A prescription.
(b) A medical workup.
(c) $10 bill.
(d) His doctor's number.
5. What does Kane allow the man to finish before he kills him in "Unbelief"?
(a) His coffee.
(b) His lunch.
(c) His tea.
(d) His breakfast.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who saves Lukas by opening an umbrella in "Wildfire in Manhattan"?
2. What is Edgar indicted on charges for in "Fossil-Figures"?
3. What falls from the sky, landing at Mallon's feet when he enters the village in "Mallon The Guru"?
4. What does the protagonist's wife ask him after he confesses to his actions in "Blood"?
5. What does the fisherman wash when he returns home in "Catch and Release"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Tom confess to Deel while hunting in "The Stars are Falling"? What happens next?
2. How is the fisherman described in "Catch and Release"?
3. How were the brothers of "Fossil-Figures" described upon their birth?
4. How is the relationship between Deel and his family described in the beginning of "The Stars are Falling"?
5. What conversation do Calum and the dwarf have while walking in "The Truth is a Cave in the Black Mountains"?
6. What does the protagonist of "Blood" believe may drive his actions? How does he go about assuaging this need?
7. What does Killheffer believe the world is made of in "Polka Dots and Moonbeams"? What does he offer Dex?
8. Where do the villagers take Mallon in "Mallon The Guru"? What do they ask him to do?
9. Who gives Juvenal his name in "Juvenal Nyx"? How are their encounters described?
10. What is the setting of "Mallon The Guru"? What sign comes to Mallon upon entering the village?
This section contains 1,027 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)