|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Juvenal spend several nights, eavesdropping on his friends in "Juvenal Nyx"?
(a) The alleyway.
(b) The roof.
(c) The cellar.
(d) The trees.
2. To what roadhouse does the fisherman go for drinks in "Catch and Release"?
(a) Kimble Inn.
(b) The Toddle Inn.
(c) Jack's Tavern.
(d) The Wilmer Roadhouse.
3. Who is the maitre d' in "Polka Dots and Moonbeams"?
4. What did Edgar study in school in "Fossil-Figures"?
5. What does the protagonist consume which leaves him sick and retching in "Blood"?
(a) Raw fish.
(b) Raw chicken.
(c) Raw hamburger.
(d) Raw eggs.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the woman who gives Juvenal Nyx his name?
2. What restaurant does Brendan Wilde own in "Wildfire in Manhattan"?
3. Calum warns the stranger of the negative effects of entering the cave and stealing what in "The Truth is a Cave in the Black Mountains"?
4. What is the name of Iridia's husband in "Juvenal Nyx"?
5. What is the name of Deel's wife in "The Stars are Falling"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who gives Juvenal his name in "Juvenal Nyx"? How are their encounters described?
2. What dates does the diary span in "Samantha's Diary"? What gifts did Samantha receive?
3. Describe the funeral in "Weights and Measures." What does Sarah do at the funeral?
4. How is the relationship between Deel and his family described in the beginning of "The Stars are Falling"?
5. How does the dwarf trick Calum in "The Truth is a Cave in the Black Mountains"? Why?
6. What first temptation does the protagonist of "Blood" give into? How does he cover up his actions?
7. Describe the brothers in "Fossil-Figures" as they existed in the womb. Who was larger?
8. Who are the men described in the beginning of "Unbelief"? What interaction do they have?
9. How were the brothers of "Fossil-Figures" described upon their birth?
10. How is the fisherman described in "Catch and Release"?
This section contains 974 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)