|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the woman of the night first bite Juvenal in "Juvenal Nyx"?
(a) His forearm.
(b) His neck.
(c) His chest.
(d) His leg.
2. What does Abe gradually do throughout "Weights and Measures"?
(a) He shrinks.
(b) He grows.
(c) He grows stronger.
(d) He grows paler.
3. Who does Calum bid goodbye to before leaving to guide a stranger in "The Truth is a Cave in the Black Mountains"?
(a) His son and daughter.
(b) His daughter.
(c) His wife and dog.
(d) His wife and son.
4. Where does Juvenal spend several nights, eavesdropping on his friends in "Juvenal Nyx"?
(a) The trees.
(b) The roof.
(c) The alleyway.
(d) The cellar.
5. Who tells Lukas that an Aspect of Sol lives in Manhattan in "Wildfire in Manhattan"?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Abe go in the ending of "Weights and Measures"?
2. What is the protagonist's wife's name in "Blood"?
3. What is the name of Deel's son in "The Stars are Falling"?
4. What is Edgar indicted on charges for in "Fossil-Figures"?
5. What does Jack collect on the way to the lake in "Goblin Lake"?
Short Essay Questions
1. How were the brothers of "Fossil-Figures" described upon their birth?
2. What does the fisherman do to the woman he sees at the grocery store in "Catch and Release"?
3. Why does Thor enlist Lukas' help in "Wildfire in Manhattan"? What does Lukas do?
4. How does the dwarf trick Calum in "The Truth is a Cave in the Black Mountains"? Why?
5. How does Juvenal begin his new life as a child of the night in "Juvenal Nyx"?
6. What conversation do Calum and the dwarf have while walking in "The Truth is a Cave in the Black Mountains"?
7. Where do the villagers take Mallon in "Mallon The Guru"? What do they ask him to do?
8. How do the actions of the protagonist develop over time in "Blood"? What is the outcome of the story?
9. Describe the brothers in "Fossil-Figures" as they existed in the womb. Who was larger?
10. Where does Abe go after Sarah leaves him in "Weights and Measures"?
This section contains 984 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)