|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Deel takes his son into the woods to find the perfect wood for what in "The Stars are Falling"?
(a) A canoe.
(b) A slingshot.
(c) A fishing pole.
(d) A bow and arrows.
2. What is Edward's birthday in "Fossil-Figures"?
(a) January 26.
(b) April 14.
(c) May 23.
(d) September 12.
3. Calum MacInnes is a former what in "The Truth is a Cave in the Black Mountains"?
4. Who are the men in overcoats that Lukas points out to Brendan in the beginning of "Wildfire in Manhattan"?
5. Where does Abe go to cry so his wife won't hear him in "Weights and Measures"?
(a) The attic.
(b) The kitchen.
(c) The shower.
(d) The garage.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Abe's wife go to stay with for awhile in "Weights and Measures"?
2. How old are the brothers in "Fossil-Figures" when they die?
3. What does Abe gradually do throughout "Weights and Measures"?
4. What is the name of Abe's wife in "Weights and Measures"?
5. Who does Adeline shoot in "Polka Dots and Moonbeams"?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is the fisherman described in "Catch and Release"?
2. How long do the visits come nightly to Juvenal in "Juvenal Nyx"? What is he left with when his "creator" leaves him?
3. What leads to the reuniting of the brothers in "Fossil-Figures"? How do they die?
4. What holiday does Kane awake upon in "Unbelief"? What does he discover?
5. How do the actions of the protagonist develop over time in "Blood"? What is the outcome of the story?
6. What dates does the diary span in "Samantha's Diary"? What gifts did Samantha receive?
7. Describe the funeral in "Weights and Measures." What does Sarah do at the funeral?
8. Where do the villagers take Mallon in "Mallon The Guru"? What do they ask him to do?
9. What is the setting of "Mallon The Guru"? What sign comes to Mallon upon entering the village?
10. How are Abe and Sarah described in the beginning of "Weights and Measures"?
This section contains 945 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)