|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the pharmacist ask for from the protagonist in "Blood"?
(a) His doctor's number.
(b) $10 bill.
(c) A prescription.
(d) A medical workup.
2. Who does Deel's wife say has been helpful to her while he was away at war in "The Stars are Falling"?
3. What does Lukas find when he visits his brother's restaurant in "Wildfire in Manhattan"?
(a) It has disappeared.
(b) It is surrounded by blue light.
(c) It was plowed down.
(d) It is engulfed in flames.
4. Who do Lukas and his friend go to see with the intention of offering their protection to her in "Wildfire in Manhattan"?
5. How old is the protagonist of "Blood" before he notices the plaque that identifies Dracula's home?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Adeline shoot in "Polka Dots and Moonbeams"?
2. Where does the protagonist's wife find the evidence of his exploits in "Blood"?
3. What does the fisherman do after helping the woman with her groceries in "Catch and Release"?
4. Where are the pledges taken by bus in "Loser"?
5. Calum tells the stranger of stealing what in his youth in "The Truth is a Cave in the Black Mountains"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the fisherman do to the woman he sees at the grocery store in "Catch and Release"?
2. Who comes to Goblin Lake to see its mysteries in "Goblin Lake"? What are his first impressions?
3. Where do the villagers take Mallon in "Mallon The Guru"? What do they ask him to do?
4. How is the fisherman described in "Catch and Release"?
5. What leads to the reuniting of the brothers in "Fossil-Figures"? How do they die?
6. What dates does the diary span in "Samantha's Diary"? What gifts did Samantha receive?
7. What holiday does Kane awake upon in "Unbelief"? What does he discover?
8. What is the setting of "Mallon The Guru"? What sign comes to Mallon upon entering the village?
9. Describe the brothers in "Wildfire in Manhattan." What takes place when they meet in the beginning of the story?
10. How does the dwarf trick Calum in "The Truth is a Cave in the Black Mountains"? Why?
This section contains 1,034 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)