|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Edward's birthday in "Fossil-Figures"?
(a) May 23.
(b) April 14.
(c) September 12.
(d) January 26.
2. Calum MacInnes is a former what in "The Truth is a Cave in the Black Mountains"?
3. When does Juvenal's business operate in "Juvenal Nyx"?
(a) Dusk til dawn.
(b) Dawn til dusk.
(c) 3 p.m. until 8 p.m.
(d) 4 a.m. until 4 p.m.
4. The protagonist of "Catch and Release" is a fisherman and what?
(c) Serial killer.
5. Where does the protagonist's wife find the evidence of his exploits in "Blood"?
(a) The medicine cabinet.
(b) A sock drawer.
(c) His closet.
(d) The bathtub.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the protagonist live in "Blood"?
2. What does Kane allow the man to finish before he kills him in "Unbelief"?
3. What does Lukas find when he visits his brother's restaurant in "Wildfire in Manhattan"?
4. What falls from the sky, landing at Mallon's feet when he enters the village in "Mallon The Guru"?
5. What is the name of Abe's wife in "Weights and Measures"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who gives Juvenal his name in "Juvenal Nyx"? How are their encounters described?
2. Describe the funeral in "Weights and Measures." What does Sarah do at the funeral?
3. What first temptation does the protagonist of "Blood" give into? How does he cover up his actions?
4. What conversation do Calum and the dwarf have while walking in "The Truth is a Cave in the Black Mountains"?
5. Where do the villagers take Mallon in "Mallon The Guru"? What do they ask him to do?
6. How do the actions of the protagonist develop over time in "Blood"? What is the outcome of the story?
7. What dates does the diary span in "Samantha's Diary"? What gifts did Samantha receive?
8. What is the setting of "Mallon The Guru"? What sign comes to Mallon upon entering the village?
9. How is the fisherman described in "Catch and Release"?
10. How does Juvenal meet Iridia in "Juvenal Nyx"? What impact does this encounter have on him?
This section contains 1,020 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)