Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is born with a curved spine and a chest that caves in on itself in "Fossil-Figures"?
2. What does Juvenal do once he finds the pet in "Juvenal Nyx"?
(a) Drowns it.
(b) Shoots it.
(c) Stabs it.
(d) Takes it home.
3. Who saves Lukas by opening an umbrella in "Wildfire in Manhattan"?
4. Where does Abe go to cry so his wife won't hear him in "Weights and Measures"?
(a) The kitchen.
(b) The shower.
(c) The garage.
(d) The attic.
5. Who does Adeline intend to shoot but miss in "Polka Dots and Moonbeams"?
Short Answer Questions
1. To whose garden does the King take Jack in "Goblin Lake"?
2. Who challenges Juvenal to find her pet in "Juvenal Nyx"?
3. Who is the lead singer of a rock band in "Wildfire in Manhattan"?
4. With what does the fisherman smash the woman's kneecaps in "Catch and Release"?
5. What does the pharmacist ask for from the protagonist in "Blood"?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Caroleen feel when she understands her sister's true objective in "Parallel Lines"?
2. How does the dwarf trick Calum in "The Truth is a Cave in the Black Mountains"? Why?
3. Describe the brothers in "Fossil-Figures" as they existed in the womb. Who was larger?
4. What is the objective of the cashier in "Land Of The Lost"?
5. How is Nicholas Walker described in "Human Intelligence"? How long has he been on Earth?
6. What led to Maggie losing her job in "The Maiden Flight of McCauley's Bellerophon"?
7. How does Juvenal meet Iridia in "Juvenal Nyx"? What impact does this encounter have on him?
8. What does Dr. Kobel do when Annabelle answers her door in "The Therapist"?
9. What happens when Leonard reenacts the maiden flight in "The Maiden Flight of McCauley's Bellerophon"?
10. How does the author introduce the cult in "The Cult Of The Nose"?
This section contains 908 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)